• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data ultimateframedata.com — Mobile-friendly Frame Data

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Heya! I made a site that has frame data for all characters that you can use easily from your phone (add it to your home screen for quick access!).

It has the Character Data from Smash Wiki and Kurogane Hammer and the Frame Data from Zapp Branniglenn's Google Sheet (so thank those folks for their work on the data itself).

If you know of any resource for a character that is more up to date or has additional information such as Active Frames, let me know and I will add that info to the site!

---

https://ultimateframedata.com/

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Perhaps I can have some things explained to me. I'll use Dark Samus' jab 1.

It's active on frame 3. Total frames is 17. My understanding is that it's active on frame 3, but after jab 1 has been used, it must complete the other 14 frames. By "total", this means what it says and not the first actionable frame (FAF)?

Jab 1 is -10 on shield. What does this mean? Is this connected with 5 frames for shield lag and 4 frames for shield stun? What is the difference between lag and stun? Does lag refer to the cool down for jab 1, while stun refers to the cool down for the opponent's shield?

MetalMusicMan

You're correct on the total frames stuff.

Re: shield advantage -- the +/- refers to who can act first after an attack hits a shield. Negative meaning the defender can act before the attacker. In most games, being negative means you can't apply pressure since the defending opponent would be able to act before you as the attacker. However, in Smash there is Shield Drop which takes 11 frames in Ultimate. So if all else was equal, you could be as disadvantaged as -11 on an attack and still be "neutral"...

HUGE EXCEPTION: Jump, Up B, and Up Smash out of shield ignores Shield Drop frames. So, since some characters have a 3 frame Up B, -3 would be unsafe against those characters. Aerials have +3 frames added to them because it takes 3 frames to leave the ground, so a 3 frame aerial would be 6 frames out of shield. Grabs used to happen instantly out of shield as well, but Ultimate added +4 frames to Grabs done after a hit connects with a shield. So a 6 frame grab would be 10 frames out of shield.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You're correct on the total frames stuff.

Re: shield advantage -- the +/- refers to who can act first after an attack hits a shield. Negative meaning the defender can act before the attacker. In most games, being negative means you can't apply pressure since the defending opponent would be able to act before you as the attacker. However, in Smash there is Shield Drop which takes 11 frames in Ultimate. So if all else was equal, you could be as disadvantaged as -11 on an attack and still be "neutral"...

HUGE EXCEPTION: Jump, Up B, and Up Smash out of shield ignores Shield Drop frames. So, since some characters have a 3 frame Up B, -3 would be unsafe against those characters. Aerials have +3 frames added to them because it takes 3 frames to leave the ground, so a 3 frame aerial would be 6 frames out of shield. Grabs used to happen instantly out of shield as well, but Ultimate added +4 frames to Grabs done after a hit connects with a shield. So a 6 frame grab would be 10 frames out of shield.
Thank you for explaining. I appreciate it.

nshoes

Smash Cadet
I'd really like to make an IOS app, but it costs $100 a year just to be able to post an app on the Apple Store and it requires a Mac to make the app. So it will not be any time soon, most likely.
I'm web/mobile dev and have an Apple developer account :) Is it a hybrid app? What did you use to build it?

MetalMusicMan

I'm web/mobile dev and have an Apple developer account :) Is it a hybrid app? What did you use to build it?
It's just Android Studio Webview with local HTML files (so it doesn't need internet). Would be pretty easy to make, but upkeep would require constantly getting the HTML sources from me when I run an update to the website/android app -- do you have any experience with a remote solution for doing the mac programming?

nshoes

Smash Cadet
Would be pretty easy to make, but upkeep would require constantly getting the HTML sources from me when I run an update to the website/android app
That would could be done easy enough if you can build the source to either GitHub or S3. I can just pull from there and deploy. Probably would setup a Cordova app since I have experience with that platform.

do you have any experience with a remote solution for doing the mac programming?
What do you mean?

MetalMusicMan

What do you mean?
I've been told there are some remote desktop-ish solutions and that people who don't want to buy a Mac use those, was just wondering if you had any experience with that. I'd like to at least try one of them out (maybe Adobe PhoneGap?) before collabing -- I will let you know how it goes :D

nshoes

Smash Cadet
I've been told there are some remote desktop-ish solutions and that people who don't want to buy a Mac use those, was just wondering if you had any experience with that. I'd like to at least try one of them out (maybe Adobe PhoneGap?) before collabing -- I will let you know how it goes :D
I have not used anything like that, me and my coworkers are on macOS and Linux. PhoneGap would be a great fit for this project! Also check out Microsoft's App Center and their CodePush service for deployments. It's all fantastic.

MetalMusicMan

MetalMusicMan MetalMusicMan , I have two things.
1. Pac-Man's ftilt does 8% base damage with 7 frames of shield lag and 8 frames of shield stun. It is -17 on shield.
2. This document includes how long Gunner's hitboxes are active. It was made by Eureka.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Aw4t1tYhrFfpg7jtQikAU4wiSFI/edit?usp=drivesdk
Sorry for the delay, just seeing this. I have Pac-Man's ftilt fixed on the website, app will follow tonight probably. I'll go over Gunner active frames sometime this week, thanks!

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Any frame data on the start/end of the armor on Pac's Side B? That never seemed to have been founded even in Smash 4 so I'm still trying to find solid data for this to make it more consistent.

Top Bottom