• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Tier List

BigMac1304

Smash Apprentice
Will a tier list for Ultimate be created from the information from the Best Buy demo?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Doubtful. Tiers won't happen until by 2020 for the first wave

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Some people like Zero have but I would take it with a grain of salt since stuff will change from the demo to the main release.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I would highly advise against it until like 12 months after the game's released to give the competitive stuff time to develop, not to mention all the characters will be available as opposed to a demo.

D

Deleted member

Nah I doubt it. Its way to early for tier lists.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I know it's been said many times, but I think not.

A few months isn't enough time to let decent tier lists develop. There needs to be a decent amount of time for players to learn match ups and unlock fighter's full potential. For all people know, a character has hidden top tier potential, and that type of stuff needs to be discovered for any tier list to be accurate. Besides, it's a BestBuy demo. It's all subject to change anyways.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
To make a tier list, people would need a lot more time with the game. A lot of pros have already created their own personal tier lists based on their own experience with the game's demo, and even then, there are large differences between each one. It would be best to wait a decent period of time after the game's release to form a proper tier list.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
What's the point of making a tier list for a prototype when it's going to undergo who knows how many changes in just a few months? And what good would it do for anyone if only a small percent of players have played it like 2 or 3 times? Whatever data gathered wouldn't be enough to make a well thought out list anyway.

I'm not sure why Zero, M2K, and others have bothered making their own tier lists but it's a complete waste of time and has absolutely no value. Like so what if so and so is one of the best in the demo? The demo doesn't even have half the roster. Like I'm all about the hype for this game! But like come on, these types of things are for a later day. We need weeks of playing our own copies of Ultimate to make a proper tier list.

Vermilion

Smash Cadet
Hell maybe even wait until 2021 for a real tier list to be made
I'll give it until early 2020 before the first relatively unanimous tier list is created. Of course the game will keep being updated for several years, though.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'll give it until early 2020 before the first relatively unanimous tier list is created. Of course the game will keep being updated for several years, though.
And there’ll likely be dlc characters being added aswell (we’ll be near or at exactly 100 characters including echoes by the end of it all)

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
The characters I like are all going to be top tier and all the anime swordsmen will be bottom tier.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Just remember that there's an overall balancing to tiers in Ultimate, so instead of S to G tier it may just be something like A to E or F.
Also keep in mind that Low tiers got so heavily buffed that some may be better than Smash 4's current high tiers.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Just remember that there's an overall balancing to tiers in Ultimate, so instead of S to G tier it may just be something like A to E or F.
Also keep in mind that Low tiers got so heavily buffed that some may be better than Smash 4's current high tiers.
It's great to hear that consistent low tiers are finally getting some love around here.

I think it's about time :ultzelda: got some love considering her placements were F, F, and G. :ultganondorf: is just slightly better with a placement one tier higher during the Smash Melee days. While she did get her chance to shine in one game, :ultjigglypuff: has been crap for many years. There are more fighters that I can call out by name and utilize as an example, but the general story is that many fighters that were crap have stayed crap over the games.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Terribly dumb idea seeing as the game is still in development and will get adjustments anyway. The full roster isn't even playable. Even the first Smash 4 Tier List came wayyyy too early, and that was when the game was actually released.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
The game isnt out...hell we dont even know all of the characters yet and there is tier list talk?

:facepalm:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, even though the game isn't out, I feel like Samus isn't going to be good. For some reason Samus gets the worst. You'd think she'd be as is in SSB4 and given more buffs. But no. Her jab 1 is even worse. Her dash doesn't lead into combos. She's not unique in that she can jump out of charging Charge Shot. (So much for uniqueness.) Her z-air is somewhat like SSBM Samus' z-air. Certain characters can avoid Samus' d-throw > f-air combo without DI. I won't say I expect buffs for Samus. No. I demand buffs for Samus. Get her in mid-tier at least.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Guys, we don't have enough information on the game. From what we have, it's impossible to deduct anything other than Isabelle will be SS tier.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Honestly, even initial tier lists for the games tend to not be accurate for long either due to the meta evolving, balance patches (4 and Ultimate specific), or both.

Top Bottom