• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Styled Icon Texture Pack

GBCAce

Smash Rookie
Introduction:
Hello everyone! I'm GBCAce, and this is the Ultimate Styled Icon Texture Pack. The purpose of this texture pack is to change the stock icons from the default to versions that have the same style as the icons found in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (hence, the title). These icons ARE NOT ripped from Ultimate. All the icons in this pack have been created by myself.​

About The Texture Pack:
The icons are about 8 times the size as the standard icons; with a dimension of 200px by 200px. The icons have been created from scratch and has been made to be as faithful the original icons as possible.​
(Click on the icons to see all the color variations)​
Mario​
DK​
Link​
Samus​
Yoshi​
Kirby​
Fox​
Pikachu​
Luigi​
Ness​
Falcon​
Jigglypuff​
Peach​
Bowser​
Ice Climbers​
Sheik​
Zelda​
Dr. Mario​
Pichu​
Falco​
Marth​
Young Link​
Ganondorf​
Mewtwo​
Roy​
Mr. Game & Watch​

Things To Know:
While my goal is to have the icons be faithful to the original, there are a few color changes that were made to be more accurate to the actual colors of the characters (the biggest changes are to Falco's icons and Mr. Game & Watch's outlines). There are some pros and cons with Ultimate Styled Icon Texture Pack. The biggest con to this pack is that it is not compatible to native GameCube hardware. These textures were made only for the Dolphin Emulator. However, this texture pack can easily be merged with other texture packs. The Ultimate Styled Icon Texture Pack can work any version of Melee as long as the ID is GALE01 (Ex: 20XX).​
Download Link:

Step 1: After downloading the "Ultimate Styled Icon Texture Pack" ZIP file, extract the folder to your desktop.
Step 2: Locate the folder that contains your Dolphin Emulator.
Step 3: Once your in the folder that contains your Dolphin Emulator, go to \User\Load\Textures\GALE01. *If "GALE01" is not in the "Textures" folder, create one*
Step 4: Drag the content in the folder you extracted from the "Ultimate Styled Icon Texture Pack" ZIP file to the "GALE01" folder.
Step 5: Open the Dolphin Emulator and go to "Graphics" → "Advanced" and make sure "Load Custom Textures" is checked. *You may want to check "Prefetch Custom Textures" depending on your setup*
Step 6: Boot up Super Smash Bros Melee to make sure the icons are being properly shown.

The Future Of The Ultimate Styled Icon Texture Pack:
I do plan to make future versions of the texture pack to improve the look of some of the icons. I also want to give people the option to have icons that have the palette as the sprites along with option to have icons that are more accurate to the character's colors. One thing that I am deciding if I want to do or not is to change the renders on the Character Select Screen to have the Melee models be posed like the Smash Bros Ultimate Renders. If I were to do that, it would take a huge amount of time and effort to complete. I would be willing to do that, but if anyone is also willing to help me with posing Melee models that would be greatly appreciated.​
If you have any questions, suggestions, or you want to help me expand/improve this texture pack, please contact me either on Twitter or by leaving a comment.​
My Twitter:​

Last edited:
Top Bottom