• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Characters... eh, it’s a 50-50 call. The Marvel heroes are wimps who don’t know how to put their own personal baggage aside for the good of humanity, so I can understand them needing time to gather their feelings and make sure they’re fine before saving the world.

I’ll shift the blame more to the writers. It’s only there because they want us to think that the snap is permanent for as long as possible when we straight up know it’s definitely not.
I'd say it's more so that they want it to actually have a significant impact on the world, more than just "hey guys remember that one weekend where we all died?"

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Considering Green Lantern's abilities, an animated movie/show seems like it'd be better as you get to play around with the ring's powers a lot easier
My only issue is that it'd deny us a live-action Blackest Night
A big superhero zombie film would be great and Blackest Night is perfect for it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
How fast were you going?
Uhh... 30mph officer

Make a deception check
*Natural 1*

The Cop drags you out of the car and proceeds to Wilson Fisk you
Yes basically that! Haha

Also:
"Today is the potluck at your friend Susan's place: what do you bring?"

The party then proceeds to roast a chicken... unsuccessfully

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd say it's more so that they want it to actually have a significant impact on the world, more than just "hey guys remember that one weekend where we all died?"
Why though. Why would they do that to all those people. Especially when the entire Infinity War is probably going to be erased from history completely. Why make us see the depressing version of the world?

D

Deleted member

My only issue is that it'd deny us a live-action Blackest Night
A big superhero zombie film would be great and Blackest Night is perfect for it.
I’d love to see Final Crisis adapted as a movie, it’s so ridiculous I have no idea how they would manage it.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Characters... eh, it’s a 50-50 call. The Marvel heroes are wimps who don’t know how to put their own personal baggage aside for the good of humanity, so I can understand them needing time to gather their feelings and make sure they’re fine before saving the world.
That's just me, but I prefer it when superheroes have personalities instead of being flawless ideas. Makes them more relatable.

MCU wouldn't be half as interesting if nobody has their own motives and they only fought for abstract ideas.

D

Deleted member

Man, designing houses, rooms. campsites, cabins in Animal Crossing is so calming
Building/designing games are super dope. Some of the most relaxing gaming I've ever done is zoning out on AC New Leaf while working on patterns and shirt designs at Able Sisters. I really hope AC Switch introduces even more customization options; I'd love to be able to make my own pants, shoes, and hats.

AC, Minecraft, and Starbound are my go-to games when I'm feeling creative. I looooove games with high levels of customization.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yes basically that! Haha

Also:
"Today is the potluck at your friend Susan's place: what do you bring?"

The party then proceeds to roast a chicken... unsuccessfully
Gordon Ramsay comes crashing through the wall and screams "IT'S ****ING RAW YOU DONKEYS"

Make a Constitution saving throw.
*another Natural 1*
You burst into tears and cry for a week straight.

D

Deleted member

OH BY THE WAY CAN WE JUST SQUEEZE GHOST IN THE MOVIE BECAUSE SHE'S EASILY ONE OF THE BEST MCU VILLAINS WHO'S STILL ALIVE
I agree with my not husband
Why though. Why would they do that to all those people. Especially when the entire Infinity War is probably going to be erased from history completely. Why make us see the depressing version of the world?
I don't understand? Seeing this post apocalyptic world and our heroes being depressed, trying to move on, and failing is gonna be super interesting

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's just me, but I prefer it when superheroes have personalities instead of being flawless ideas. Makes them more relatable.

MCU wouldn't be half as interesting if nobody has their own motives and they only fought for abstract ideas.
The DC Heroes have motivation. The drama comes from trying to embody and live up to those flawless ideals. Superman is the story of an immigrant facing the challenge of home vs. heritage and, when he’s at ful power, a god trying to live amongst men. Batman is about overcoming the hardest of tragedies and always getting back up to defend the innocent. Wonder Woman is a stranger in a strange land (and time) upholding her vision of justice in a world that wants to kill it. Flash is about always seeing the best in people, even your enemies. I could go on and on. That’s way better than “alcoholic egotist” or “everyone dies and now I have weird big powers” to me.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
They want the viewers to be emotionally invested in the characters and the world. And they want to further that by making the situation dire to create tension and drama.

D

Deleted member

cool! Thanks!

I'm all about homebrewing things tbh
I've always wanted to do like... a DND game except instead of fantasy, it's modern real-life, and the party is just trying to live their lives and accomplish some goal

At face value it sounds boring but everyday scenarios become hilarious because of roleplayers trying to do different things, especially with RNG.
Imagine the party getting pulled over by a cop. Hahahahahahaha
Hey, this would actually be pretty dope, I'd be all on it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's to make the Snap actually emotional. There are SO many goddamn stories where a character dies for cheap emotion but by showing the survivors mourn, we see that yes, this WAS a big, significant event that has lasting effects. It makes us want to see our heroes win more too as by showing them being vulnerable, we see them as more than 'the people who save the day' but as human, emotional beings. I want to bring an example but there are WAY too many cheap deaths in media to the point I can't really remember many examples of characters dying being taken seriously with lasting effects. Well, not from anything you all would know anyway. Watch Build it's good I swear

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Narrative impact, we have to see what Thanos' actions have caused and what the heroes have lost. It also allows us to understand what the heroes are now fighting for and gives them a stronger motivation.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm gonna do this anyway. I'm bored.
Mini Text RPG Time

Respond with your commands/moves and I'll pick one and write the next part/responses when I get to it. This is just for fun and not something I have extensively planned out.
--
You all start in an empty room. To your left, there is a door. There is a window in front of you. The floor is carpeted. What do you do?
>|

Hey, this would actually be pretty dope, I'd be all on it.
I'll let you know if I flesh the idea out more, I don't know where I would do this (like, in the forum games, or on discord, or whatever), but I'll try to write a simple system for it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mini Text RPG Time

Respond with your commands/moves and I'll pick one and write the next part/responses when I get to it. This is just for fun and not something I have extensively planned out.
--
You all start in an empty room. To your left, there is a door. There is a window in front of you. The floor is carpeted. What do you do?
>|

I'll let you know if I flesh the idea out more, I don't know where I would do this (like, in the forum games, or on discord, or whatever), but I'll try to write a simple system for it.
> look at the floor

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Mini Text RPG Time

--
>|

I check to see if anything is under the carpet.

D

Deleted member

Mini Text RPG Time

--
>|
Hmm, take the carpet and wear it, you need protection.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Mini Text RPG Time

--
>|

>just stand there, waiting for something to happen :4pacman:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't understand? Seeing this post apocalyptic world and our heroes being depressed, trying to move on, and failing is gonna be super awful and depressing
Fixed that for you

They want the viewers to be emotionally invested in the characters and the world. And they want to further that by making the situation dire to create tension and drama.
Everyones ****ing dead! What heartless person is only invested after they see the morning people cry!

It's to make the Snap actually emotional. There are SO many goddamn stories where a character dies for cheap emotion but by showing the survivors mourn, we see that yes, this WAS a big, significant event that has lasting effects. It makes us want to see our heroes win more too as by showing them being vulnerable, we see them as more than 'the people who save the day' but as human, emotional beings. I want to bring an example but there are WAY too many cheap deaths in media to the point I can't really remember many examples of characters dying being taken seriously with lasting effects. Well, not from anything you all would know anyway. Watch Build it's good I swear
Except we know it’s NOT going to have a lasting effect. They’re not going to be able to just snap and bring everyone back. They’re going to have to undo the history that created it. By definition that’s not having a lasting effect.

Narrative impact, we have to see what Thanos' actions have caused and what the heroes have lost. It also allows us to understand what the heroes are now fighting for and gives them a stronger motivation.
I don’t have any unique points for you. Just read the rest of my post.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Because the world wouldn't just become a beautiful place just because superheroes exist. Tragedies happen, especially ones no one could prepare for.
Fixed that for you

Everyones ****ing dead! What heartless person is only invested after they see the morning people cry!

Except we know it’s NOT going to have a lasting effect. They’re not going to be able to just snap and bring everyone back. They’re going to have to undo the history that created it. By definition that’s not having a lasting effect.

Because it shows that despite their power, they're still human. No offense, but this sort of thing is kind of basic writing. There needs to be something at stake. By showing the heroes at rock bottom, there's nowhere to go but up, and it makes the eventual victory more impactful.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
> look at the floor
"What a nice carpet!"

I check to see if anything is under the carpet.
Hmm, take the carpet and wear it, you need protection.
"I'm gonna wear it."
You begin to try to take the carpet off the floor, but it doesn't seem like you have anything to do that with!

break the window and jump out
How do you want to break the window?

>just stand there, waiting for something to happen :4pacman:
A voice inside your head starts humming elevator music.

D

Deleted member

> wanting to join in the fun, yet has never seen any of the past 11 MCU movies aside from Iron Man back years ago

Thanos good, heroes bad?

...um, I....png

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That's why the film will take place after a big time skip.
It gives the event the lasting effect in-universe that it otherwise wouldn't have.

D

Deleted member

"What a nice carpet!"

"I'm gonna wear it."
You begin to try to take the carpet off the floor, but it doesn't seem like you have anything to do that with!

Are you wearing shoes? If so, break the window with that. Pick up a large glass shard as a weapon too.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Mini Text RPG Time

--
>|

Try to open the window.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Mini Text RPG Time

--
>|

>try and wait for my natural lifespan to exhaust
>get bored after five minutes and try the door

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I headbutt the ****ing *****
You walk up to the window.
This ****'s broken, YEET
You crane your head back and slam it into the window. It shatters!
Acquired:
3 x Glass Shards (Equipped: Head)

Lost:
1 HP
A few IQ points.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"This is gonna work, Steve."
"I know it is. Because I just saw the Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer."

Just a penguin

Smash Master
"What a nice carpet!"

"I'm gonna wear it."

Do the other players affect what happens to you, or do they occur in a different timeline?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fixed that for you

That's not Endgame's fault, that's Feige's fault for giving Spiderman a sequel so goddamn soon. I admit it made the Snap less emotional because I went "Well he still has a sequel so we know this won't last" but it makes the characters feel more alive. Again, Build. Build himself is a very idealist superhero, he protects the helpless out of the good of his heart, condemns his boyfriend for wanting a reward for kindness and his motivation is quite literally "For love and peace!" In episode 21, he's forced to fight in a war and loses his mind due to too much power and accidentally kills a man. The rest of the episode is about everyone dealing with that and ever since that moment, the idealistic, wisecracking Build has shown that despite still fighting for love and peace, he's gotten somewhat suicidal out of guilt for his accident. This stays in the rest of the show and other characters are still affected by Build's accidental murder

D

Deleted member

You walk up to the window.
This ****'s broken, YEET
You crane your head back and slam it into the window. It shatters!
Acquired:
3 x Glass Shards (Equipped: Head)

Lost:
1 HP
A few IQ points.
Didn't need any of those anyways
I look outside the window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom