• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How would you guys feel if the next Smash was just an Ultimate port with new characters, modes, and features?
I think that would be for the best with Ultimate having every single character the next game would undoubtedly have less Characters I would be fine with it. Add in maybe a dozen new characters and a few new Echoes, A few new modes like a real All-Star mode and a few stadium modes, Maybe slightly tweek the flow of the game so it isn't stale and call it a new game.

I would be more than fine with that.

D

Deleted member

Man **** education
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE ONE LAST TIME!!!!
And the Fox deal is completed on March 20th.

After loving the Skrulls in Captain Marvel alongside some recent comments from Feige about them that made me excited, I am obviously hyped for the MCU’s Fantastic Four.

91FD657C-AE94-4C1C-809F-8D5386625571.jpeg

Marvel Studios has proved to be worth and ready to make a Fantastic Four movie that does them the justice they deserve after years of Fox’s trash.

I am positive, and hyped as hell inside.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
How would you guys feel if the next Smash was just an Ultimate port with new characters, modes, and features?
I dunno

On the one hand, having the next game be completely new would mean a much reduced roster

... but on the other hand, Ultimate would still exist, so if you wanted to play as a removed character you could just play Ultimate. Perhaps the two games could co-exist, with the latter having a strong focus on newcomers. So you could enjoy both

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
CFB67D30-6F06-4107-833B-AE1FEBBAEED4.jpeg
351A8C6C-759B-49DC-B709-FF998AD5CECD.jpeg
003BEEFA-6C48-440C-93AC-B24AD7DDB44D.jpeg
4D0DE7BC-AFE6-4C01-9ADB-3846080960E2.jpeg
And the Fox deal is completed on March 20th.

After loving the Skrulls in Captain Marvel alongside some recent comments from Feige about them that made me excited, I am obviously hyped for the MCU’s Fantastic Four.

Marvel Studios has proved to be worth and ready to make a Fantastic Four movie that does them the justice they deserve after years of Fox’s trash.

I am positive, and hyped as hell inside.
Preach all things Marvel
"Whatever it takes."
SO ****ING GOOD
And the fact that Okoye is also gonna be out for blood...and Kate Bishop possibly being in the movie...my god the wait is painful as hell

D

Deleted member

I honestly thought more about it and Erdrick would be more like a Nintendo pick whereas Geno would be a Sakurai pick which seems to make Erdrick more likely as Nintendo is picking the DLC, Not Sakurai so unless Sakurai really pushed hard for Geno and pulled in a few favors around Nintendo sadly my boy's not getting in.

If Erdrick is in I'll be happy for DQ fans definitely as we could still get a Season 2 with Geno in it granted there's nothing saying we will get a Season 2 but it's always a possibility.

Anyways I'm going back to sleep I'm not feeling very well.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
My honest opinion? I’m totally fine with cuts happening next Smash game if means we’ll get a large batch of newcomers again.

Your main got cut? Play Ultimate.

Everyone is gonna bark at me for this aren’t they?

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Opossum Opossum so I know the post is over a month old but last night while reading way back in this thread, I liked one of your posts where you mentioned hoping Nintendo wouldn't pull a Radiant Dawn again or something along those lines. Was just wondering what you meant. Guessing it was something to do with the marketing since the discussion was on FE Three Houses and before Awakening, FE was hardly advertised at least in the West. Just curious given that Radiant Dawn is my favourite game~

And speaking of last night, I saw posts where people were showing and talking about the characters they beat Classic 9.9 with and uhh...
index.png
Medals to show I've done 9.9 with all characters. Hardest I found was Sheik's due to the Mii Fighter battle she has to do and Mewtwo's due to the last battle against Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff and Lucario with a useless AI partner. I did Classic 9.0 with all characters back in Smash 4 too and I'm sure I could beat Classic on the hardest difficulty in 64, Melee and Brawl if I went back to them since the AI has only gotten better with each game. Also, I have no idea why Wario has my best score. I got that my first try and I don't even use Wario.

Anyway, done showboating :lol:

D

Deleted member

My honest opinion? I’m totally fine with cuts happening next Smash game if means we’ll get a large batch of newcomers again.

I feel like I’m gonna get flamed for this
Nah, you are fine.
The only stuff left I want in a Smash game are some characters, stage builder, new stages, one or two more modes and maybe some tweaks with the stuff already found in Ultimate anyway.

I feel like all of that would be easily added through an updated port on the next console or updates, so it isn’t a big deal.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

I feel like I’m gonna get flamed for this
Nah I agree - unless the next Smash game includes gameplay improvements that somehow render Ultimate obsolete (unlikely), the two can easily coexist. Just port Ultimate onto the "Switch 2" along with releasing the new game.

I'm saying this cos I know that ROB could easily get the chop in a drastically slimmed/rebooted roster

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I honestly thought more about it and Erdrick would be more like a Nintendo pick whereas Geno would be a Sakurai pick which seems to make Erdrick more likely as Nintendo is picking the DLC, Not Sakurai so unless Sakurai really pushed hard for Geno and pulled in a few favors around Nintendo sadly my boy's not getting in.

If Erdrick is in I'll be happy for DQ fans definitely as we could still get a Season 2 with Geno in it granted there's nothing saying we will get a Season 2 but it's always a possibility.

Anyways I'm going back to sleep I'm not feeling very well.
I mean... Nintendo is picking the DLC, but Sakurai does get the final say, doesn't he?

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo picking, simply means they gave him a long list of characters that he could choose from, and Sakuari would pick 5 of them. The fact that Sakurai loves Persona 5 makes me assume this even more...

So don't give up! There still may be hope for your wooden boi, yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean... Nintendo is picking the DLC, but Sakurai does get the final say, doesn't he?

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo picking, simply means they gave a long list of characters that he could choose from, and Sakuari would pick 5 of them. The fact that Sakurai loves Persona 5 makes me assume this even more...

So don't give up! There still may be hope for your wooden boi.
Also, there are rumours of more DLC outside the Fighter Pass possibly happening.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, there are rumours of more DLC outside the Fighter Pass possibly happening.
Keyword being "rumor", most of them are just vocal wishful thinking.

Only concrete thing that points more DLC characters is the fact that it's possible.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Keyword being "rumor", most of them are just vocal wishful thinking.

Only concrete thing that points more DLC characters is the fact that it's possible.
can we even call it a 'rumor' if it's just people going "man it'd be nice to have more dlc" despite the 1,001 examples of nintendo never going beyond 1 wave of DLC even when it'd make financial sense

D

Deleted member

oh my god cap is gonna tell thanos he can do this all day and then he's gonna die isn't he

I'M NOT READY

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
can we even call it a 'rumor' if it's just people going "man it'd be nice to have more dlc" despite the 1,001 examples of nintendo never going beyond 1 wave of DLC even when it'd make financial sense
Counter arguments: Sploon, MK8, Fire Emblem

Conclusion: Whether of not they go for multiple DLC waves is completely unpredictable

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Fighter Pack character 5 is the second wave of DLC characters

D

Deleted member

Screenshot_2019-03-14-09-47-30.png
oh my god you ************ you better not die

D

Deleted member

This is what I hope the next Smash will be, if there is one.

Though I think they should just do a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong stretch of DLC for Ultimate

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Conclusion: Whether of not they go for multiple DLC waves is completely unpredictable
splatoon has updates, not DLC, and map production is finished for splatoon 2 now despite NSO's launch and the game's ongoing popularity
MK8 had one wave of DLC, consisting of two packs, and all we've had for MK8D is **** like labo support and BOTW link despite the fact that more MK8 DLC would sell like hotcakes
fire emblem games, like MK8, all have single waves of DLC with multiple packs but no ongoing support beyond that

i'm not sure i see how any of these are counter arguments

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So I've got a question for the thread:

What's a game you always assumed was going to be made, but never did?

I was thinking about this today. How I swore Splatoon would come to the 3DS or a Smash 64 port would come to the DS.
I assumed and was CERTAIN NeatherRealm Studios next project was going to be a fighting game featuring Slasher movie characters. People have been asking for it nonstop. But nope. We just got ANOTHER Mortal Kombat.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
splatoon has updates, not DLC, and map production is finished for splatoon 2 now despite NSO's launch and the game's ongoing popularity
MK8 had one wave of DLC, consisting of two packs, and all we've had for MK8D is **** like labo support and BOTW link despite the fact that more MK8 DLC would sell like hotcakes
fire emblem games, like MK8, all have single waves of DLC with multiple packs but no ongoing support beyond that

i'm not sure i see how any of these are counter arguments
The FE dlc packs are litterally called seasons and I think Fates went up to 4
MK8 went in steps, never defined but clearly seperate

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Smash is a whole 'nother beast, though

Developing characters can take quite a while, and that's not even mentioning the balancing, and creating the stages...

There's also the factor that Smash DLC might be more expensive to develop due to all of the licences they need to snag...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum so I know the post is over a month old but last night while reading way back in this thread, I liked one of your posts where you mentioned hoping Nintendo wouldn't pull a Radiant Dawn again or something along those lines. Was just wondering what you meant. Guessing it was something to do with the marketing since the discussion was on FE Three Houses and before Awakening, FE was hardly advertised at least in the West. Just curious given that Radiant Dawn is my favourite game~

And speaking of last night, I saw posts where people were showing and talking about the characters they beat Classic 9.9 with and uhh...
Medals to show I've done 9.9 with all characters. Hardest I found was Sheik's due to the Mii Fighter battle she has to do and Mewtwo's due to the last battle against Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff and Lucario with a useless AI partner. I did Classic 9.0 with all characters back in Smash 4 too and I'm sure I could beat Classic on the hardest difficulty in 64, Melee and Brawl if I went back to them since the AI has only gotten better with each game. Also, I have no idea why Wario has my best score. I got that my first try and I don't even use Wario.

Anyway, done showboating :lol:
That was before the most recent Direct, right?

Basically I meant that I hope they don't harm the game's sales due to lack of advertising or poor release timing, like what happened when Radiant Dawn was basically shadow-dropped on the same day Super Mario Galaxy released. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom