• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The great stuff: Link´s Awakening, both DQXI and DQB2, Mario Maker 2, Simon and Snake amiibo, Yoshi, Link´s Awakening and Joker´s render.

The good stuff: Everything else except the only awful thing.

The awful thing: Ultimate Alliance 3 not having the Fantastic Four.
You really think we saw EVERY character? It could still have Fantastic Four. Don't count you're chickens before they hatch.

D

Deleted member

Imagine thinking Pikmin 3 was gonna get a port

This meme was made by Think for yourself and not take Leakers at face value gang, Which to be fair I am not apart of.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Some would say they're on the rise, but honestly, I think they've been going downhill for awhile.
I'd have to rewatch the SMM2 trailer, but it looks like they've added pretty much everything people thought was missing from the original SMM (there's no Mario Land theme, but there is a 3D World theme).

I missed out on the first one (despite owning a Wii U), so I'm definitely picking up Mario Maker 2.
The biggest announcement for me was Mario Maker 2.
Same.

I'm much more interested in Three Houses than I was before, though, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
This is the closest I'll get to Oracle of Ages and Seasons remakes, but I'm okay with that. Maybe we'll get it someday.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have been asking for a Link's Awakening remake and I finally got one. Consider me a satisfied man.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lul well that didnt happen
And that's the point. He didn't say it was a guarantee. But I think the only thing he got right Super Mario Maker 2, though?

It looks like his main source is pretty much either full of it or they changed a lot as is after that person went to Verge. The latter does often happen, but Verge's credibility is extremely shaky right now.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn´t mind to see Link´s Awakening Link as a fighter in Smash, tbh.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'd have to rewatch the SMM2 trailer, but it looks like they've added pretty much everything people thought was missing from the original SMM (there's no Mario Land theme, but there's is a 3D World theme).

I missed out on the first one (despite owning a Wii U), so I'm definitely picking up Mario Maker 2.
I bet the people who bought it on 3DS just to have a portable version of it feel stupid now.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'd have to rewatch the SMM2 trailer, but it looks like they've added pretty much everything people thought was missing from the original SMM (there's no Mario Land theme, but there's is a 3D World theme).

Same.

I'm much more interested in Three Houses than I was before, though, that's for sure.
Yeah, there are plenty of things that I will still buy. The Dragon Quest games...XI and Builders 2...and I'll get Three Dwellings of course. So there are many things I will buy, but nothing that made me go "Wow!!". Bloodstained and Zelda will be good I'm sure.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So when are we getting Chibi Link for Smash?

1550098306995.png

D

Deleted member

Yes hi I'm currently freaking out about Mario Maker 2 and Link's Awakening. Rune Factory also happened and I bushoobadbuwuh

Joker is coming in April too.

Guys what.

Shroob

Sup?
So now we're left with the big question of just what the hell 3.0 is.

They made it sound like it's this HUGE deal that's going to change the game, yet they wouldn't tell us anything.

Buckle up for another 2 months of pointless debates and speculation, fells.

D

Deleted member

Ok well I was just planning on picking up FE, AC, and Pokemon this year but now I have to pick up Astral Chain and Link's Awakening lmaoooo I'm gonna be broke as ****

Astral Chain looks like a must-buy for me

solid direct 8.4/10

KMDP

Smash Legend
I actually thought the Link's Awakening Announcement was gonna be Erdrick cause it looked Anime-like and I barely have any knowledge on DQ. I'll take Link's Awakening!
I thought it was going to be Pokémon.

Then I saw the raft and was "LINK'S AWAKENING!?"

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm not disappointed, I just kinda thought we'd get a little more? Like Animal Crossing?

Mario Maker 2 was really radical, though.

D

Deleted member

Overall: great Direct that I loved with the only bad thing being the lackluster Ultimate Alliance 3 section.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Tetris Battle Royale and Mario Maker 2
People will play the s*** out of this
Youtubers and Streams

Nintendo very smart

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I was expected to have at least some new info on Smash and we got a small glimpse of Joker's model.

Anyways, I really do like the look of Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Astral Chain.

D

Deleted member

I'm not gonna lie I don't really like how Link's Awakening Remake's Link looks like

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hmm... so it seems like my possible theory of Erdrick being announced first accompanied with a port announcement never went anywhere. There could still be the potential announcement of him and a DQ3 remake in the works as another possible theory, but the likelihood of that is 50/50.

I am kinda glad that a new character wasn't announced, the thought of seeing one nearly gave me a heart attack alone.

Looks like I have more room to give my thoughts on predicting the Square character for my write-up. Hopefully, it is a newcomer announcement in March, cause I will definitely finish my write-up by the end of February.

Interesting how Vergeben was wrong about the announcements.

It is certainly an interesting day today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom