• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
True, but that's not exactly something we can prove either. However, based on how Cloud was handled, it sounds like Sakurai did most of the work. Don't see why SE would outright deny giving him Geno so they could promote something like FF or DQ if they can barely hand over any content besides the character itself.

If we get a second SE rep, then we'll know for sure that Geno's absence isn't as simple as "SE won't give Sakurai the rights! SE is horrible!".
Still the same leap in logic, but worded different. Agree to disagree.

To give an example of my thought process, my furniture store used to go to the city's semi-annual Home & Garden Show to display our products and let people try them out. One year, a separate company on the other side of the show floor asked us if they could use two of our sofas for their area, and in exchange, we could put up signs saying the sofas were from us with directions to our area. We agreed, everything sounded good.

However, the sofa they wanted-- a big comfy contemporary sofa that isn't anything remarkable-- wouldn't benefit us nearly as much as using the brand new, unqiuely designed sofa we just started carrying. It was just a cooler sofa that would make their clients more likely to ask about us. So when they asked for the former, we said no and offered the latter. They agreed because really, they just wanted a sofa.

If I were in charge of these negotiations at SE, I would very likely say, "Geno? What do we gain from that? Mr. Sakurai, have you considered ______ instead?" and go from there. That doesn't mean that's absolutely how it went, but saying that's not possible or even probable and instead saying there must obviously be bias on Sakurai's part isn't something I can get behind. Business isn't personal. It's business.

osby

Smash Obsessed
THe chose Simon over every other popular third-party, including Geno.
That sounds like a non-brainer for me.

So I hit it off with this girl in one of my classes and we went for a first date and it went really well

And then I checked her FB and it turns out she's a homophobe

This is unepic Alexa hit my kids
Oof, I feel you.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
So I hit it off with this girl in one of my classes and we went for a first date and it went really well

And then I checked her FB and it turns out she's a homophobe

This is unepic Alexa hit my kids
Really hate when that happens. Big problem for me dating in the rural south. Met a cute girl at work recently who I flirted with for a bit but it turned out she thinks climate change is jewish propaganda so I guess we're just gonna stay cowowkers

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Gohan was 9. Goten is 14.
Wait, what? I thought they were both eleven. I'mma check.

EDIT: So what I found is that Goten is currently 13 and Gohan was 9 but technically 10 because he spent a year in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

Still bull**** wtf Toei get your **** together.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah Alexa, just slap them
just ****ing punt 'em
Really hate when that happens. Big problem for me dating in the rural south. Met a cute girl at work recently who I flirted with for a bit but it turned out she thinks climate change is jewish propaganda so I guess we're just gonna stay cowowkers
wow she sounds dumb, climate change is chinese propaganda not jewish propaganda lmaooo

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
To give an example of my thought process, my furniture store used to go to the city's semi-annual Home & Garden Show to display our products and let people try them out. One year, a separate company on the other side of the show floor asked us if they could use two of our sofas for their area, and in exchange, we could put up signs saying the sofas were from us with directions to our area. We agreed, everything sounded good.

However, the sofa they wanted-- a big comfy contemporary sofa that isn't anything remarkable-- wouldn't benefit us nearly as much as using the brand new, unqiuely designed sofa we just started carrying. It was just a cooler sofa that would make their clients more likely to ask about us. So when they asked for the former, we said no and offered the latter. They agreed because really, they just wanted a sofa.
SOFA FOR SMASH

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Three and a half hours...

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
My “love life” is in an exact opposite place - I missed the perfect chance to take one of my best friends (but also my crush at the same time) “one step further” because she asked me if I wanted to try out for track with her, and we could be on the team together. Like the idiot I am, I was like “lol no I’m the most unathletic person you know” and now I’m realizing that it may have been her way of asking me out, and now I’m just thinking about how badly I messed that chance up

D

Deleted member

My “love life” is in an exact opposite place - I missed the perfect chance to take one of my best friends (but also my crush at the same time) “one step further” because she asked me if I wanted to try out for track with her, and we could be on the team together. Like the idiot I am, I was like “lol no I’m the most unathletic person you know” and now I’m realizing that it may have been her way of asking me out, and now I’m just thinking about how badly I messed that chance up
well tbf joining a school sport when you're unathletic is an awful idea, even if it's for a girl

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean, assuming this was recent, approach her with a counter offer. Some other regular activity to see if she wants to hang out with you there.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that just because she's the opposite sex and wants to do something with you that it's supposed to be romantic.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
well tbf joining a school sport when you're unathletic is an awful idea, even if it's for a girl
I joined the school play as a stage hand for a girl one year. Hated it.

...and it just hit me that that was 14 years ago holy **** I'm having a crisis right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom