• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
@Brelooming, wherever you are.
FC9724DA-9E60-4329-9BEC-85D899A8EC19.png

If you can’t handle this thread (which you obviously can’t, as evidenced by this and the PETA incident) then you seriously need to leave the internet and get actual mental help. A bunch of internet strangers aren’t going to satisfy your childish need for excessive attention. I hope you don’t come back to this thread for a long time for your sake and the thread’s.

D

Deleted member

Hey everyone.

Brelooming Disaster dmed me on Discord a little while ago and asked me to tell you guys that he's going into intensive care tomorrow.

It's... well, it's not looking so good.

There's a pretty good chance he'll die soon.

I'm not sure if he's open to dms right now or not.

He said that he doesn't want anyone to stress out over the situation, so I hope that we can all respect his wishes on that.

Pretty sure the best thing any of us can do is hope and pray for the best outcome possible.
Hello, everyone. I come bearing very unfortunate news.

A few members of this forum have been in contact with Brelooming Disaster and his family ever since his initial diagnosis, and we just got an update on his condition.

Sadly, earlier today, he passed away. I don't even know what to say in this situation. Someone like him never deserved to go through such a terrible experience. You could tell that each passing moment made him more and more stressed.

I ask that you all take a moment to pay your respects to him. Even if you didn't know him personally, Brelooming was a very active member of this community, and it's heartbreaking to hear this happen.
top ten posts that did not age well holy mother of god

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is why we can’t have nice things.

Seeing fan designed shirts could have been cool but of course the first person to get one in ruined it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think it's always the worst case scenario if they put quotation marks around their name like it's a mystery

yeah I'm "brelooms" brother as so he calls himself under the guise if context

D

Deleted member

If I ever made anyone here mad, I do want to completely apologize.

Stuff like this makes me remember how much I fear to dissapoint anyone I care or worry about. Even if we do have different points of view regarding some games or other products, I don’t have any negative thoughts or wishes about anyone here.

When I see people who worry about be bad... I also get a bit down.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I think it's always the worst case scenario if they put quotation marks around their name like it's a mystery

yeah I'm "brelooms" brother as so he calls himself under the guise if context
can't believe this man pulled a 'hey it's me my brother' on us

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If I ever made anyone here mad, I do want to completely apologize.

Stuff like this makes me remember how much I fear to dissapoint anyone I care or worry about. Even if we do have different points of view regarding some games or other products, I don’t have any negative thoughts or wishes about anyone here.

When I see people who worry about be bad... I also get a bit down.
Nah you’ve been fine afaik.

Your marvel content is usually fun to read too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
short one yes but i will be back to talk about james charles when I find out he's actually funneling money to illegal paramilitary death squads in northern ireland
Can't believe he's part of the Irish republican army. Fun fact, I had to read about a terrorist attack by republicans for my voice training
top ten posts that did not age well holy mother of god
It's ok I saw a 2018 post of Hinata saying she wants Joker in Smash, now it's balanced

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
can't believe this man pulled a 'hey it's me my brother' on us
do you remember thise old sm64 rom hacks that let you play as "luigi" but you still had marios model and the M on the hat

basically that

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hey y'all. For those that are confused on what happened, as well as for those that are aware of the situation, we want to give all this Social's followers a general heads up. For very good reason, tensions are pretty high in this thread. Folks aren't in the best mindset to treat each other kindly right now and it's shown very quickly. We've decided to lock the thread temporarily to allow everyone some time to cool off. At this time, we are discussing revamping and possibly making a new thread rather than unlock this one.

Many of us were shocked by the development this early in the day, and things quickly got out of hand. Those of us watching the thread are trying to deal with it as quickly as we can, but some of us have prior commitments/time zone differences making it difficult to do so. I myself am typing this while I am at work. We ask you to bear with us, and remember that any discussion in other threads revolving around things posted in this one keeps the same rules as it would here (normal discussion is fine, flaming/excessive spam and making light of the situation is not). Any status updates will be edited into this post as they come in.

Thank you all in advance for your patience.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright. Thread is open. Before we get back into things, a quick message from the staff:

This morning, certain events regarding a previous member of this community came to light and many users were understandably frustrated and hurt. In these sorts of extreme situations, people don't always know how to express these emotions, so we felt it necessary to close the thread and let tempers cool. In the hours since the thread's closing, it seems that many of our community have calmed down and apologized to one another in other threads, and we're proud of you all for doing that.

Regarding ClaTheBae ClaTheBae 's original post, the evidence that started this whole thing was removed on grounds of its censor dodging, but has been edited back in with the offending language removed. It was never the staff's intention to prevent users from seeing these revelations. To be frank, the post in question and following uproar occurred when most of the staff was unavailable due to timezones and our day jobs, so we handled reported censor dodging as quickly as we could while figuring out how to best handle a really tricky situation.

Discussing the Brelooming Disaster disaster (sorry I had to) is allowed as long as the site's rules are followed. In particular, make sure not to flame, troll or make light of the very serious situations entailed. As for making a new thread, the staff did not meet a unanimous decision on the matter, so we're reopening this one.

Anyone feeling hurt by what happened are encouraged to use Forum Support or approach the staff if they need help. I'll be checking my PMs in case any of you would like to talk.

D

Deleted member

Alright. Thread is open. Before we get back into things, a quick message from the staff:

This morning, certain events regarding a previous member of this community came to light and many users were understandably frustrated and hurt. In these sorts of extreme situations, people don't always know how to express these emotions, so we felt it necessary to close the thread and let tempers cool. In the hours since the thread's closing, it seems that many of our community have calmed down and apologized to one another in other threads, and we're proud of you all for doing that.

Regarding ClaTheBae ClaTheBae 's original post, the evidence that started this whole thing was removed on grounds of its censor dodging, but has been edited back in with the offending language removed. It was never the staff's intention to prevent users from seeing these revelations. To be frank, the post in question and following uproar occurred when most of the staff was unavailable due to timezones and our day jobs, so we handled reported censor dodging as quickly as we could while figuring out how to best handle a really tricky situation.

Discussing the Brelooming Disaster disaster (sorry I had to) is allowed as long as the site's rules are followed. In particular, make sure not to flame, troll or make light of the very serious situations entailed. As for making a new thread, the staff did not meet a unanimous decision on the matter, so we're reopening this one.

Anyone feeling hurt by what happened are encouraged to use Forum Support or approach the staff if they need help. I'll be checking my PMs in case any of you would like to talk.
Thanks to you and the other mods for handling this so well!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey guys. Listen to IGOR.
IMG_20190521_151905.jpg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If anyone else has any plot twist they'd like to disclose now would be the time. :p

But for real though, looking forward to E3.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
We are back in, baby.
cool glasses vegeta.jpg

Time to look cool before I go to sleep.

Status