• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The Retro Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom, and Kaleidoscope Kingdom do not have Infectants for obvious reasons.
The only kingdoms that do not spread their influence are the Mushroom Kingdom, Retro Kingdom, and Kaleidoscope Kingdom, for obvious reasons.
Holy crap I just quoted something I said 7 months ago without even realizing that phrasing was even there. Well said me, well said.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
You guys ever think about picks other than Microsoft?

There are others, you know. Like the fact that they’re the two most talked about characters and there’s a good chance neither will be in the game is...kinda hilarious actually.

Maybe some moveset ideas for Resident Evil and Lloyd would be helpful. I changed some ideas since I drew up my Jill moveset, because I didn’t really have anything that really said, “Resident Evil” about it.
I was going to say “go for it, as long as it’s not another Resident Evil pipe-dream”, but you edited that in already :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I was going to say “go for it, as long as it’s not another Resident Evil pipe-dream”, but you edited that in already :p
Honestly my only two remaining “want” characters come from RE and Tales, but i’ve likely said enough about the former.

Who’s to say we still won’t get a surprise pick though? That’s half the fun of reveals if you ask me.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

There are others, you know. Like the fact that they’re the two most talked about characters and there’s a good chance neither will be in the game is...kinda hilarious actually.

Maybe some moveset ideas for Resident Evil and Lloyd would be helpful. I changed some ideas since I drew up my Jill moveset, because I didn’t really have anything that really said, “Resident Evil” about it.
I mean, yeah, but given recent trends with Nintendo and Microsoft alongside Microsoft being one of the big three console manufacturers it makes logical sense for there to be a Microsoft rep.

I don't understand why you think a Microsoft Rep is so unlikely.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nah, real talk, if there was to be any Sony rep in the game, then Spike from Ape Escape could probably translate REALLY well into Smash. Out of the roster of PSASBR, he would probably translate the best alongside Sackboy.

Parappa, Jak and Daxter, and Toro would translate well too.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Once again, did someone say something about Banjo? Additionally, what came up that made you talk about Banjo and other characters as possible DLC characters? A new leak, perhaps?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly my only two remaining “want” characters come from RE and Tales, but i’ve likely said enough about the former.

Who’s to say we still won’t get a surprise pick though? That’s half the fun of reveals if you ask me.
I guarantee you after Erdrick "Kick Geno's ass, get into Smash" Dragon Quest it'll all be surprise characters

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
You didn’t hear it from me, but Steve isn’t as likely as people think he is.

His leaks aren’t reliable.

Wait. ****. You heard it from me.

He’s also a meme pick that transcended over time into something people put waaaay too much stock in, imho.

It’s not like he’s not popular. But it’s not like that makes him likely on its own.
Yeah Steve doesn't have any leaks that aren't sketchy or debunked. But I still believe he's likely because of the huge iconic status that Minecraft has. I mean sure I won't be surprised if he's not in, or if there are no Microsfot characters for that matter. But if Master Chief is truly out of the running then Steve stands to be the most likely Microsoft character in my opinion, if there is one in the first place.

Sure, if you want to talk about other picks then there is Dark Souls from Bamco. I personally believe that they might be the new Bamco rep for this game. Now who would they pick is the question. Chosen Undead is a possibility, there's also Solaire, or they might go for the hype pick and choose a boss like Artorias to rep the series.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Alright, let's discuss potential Sony reps.

Sweet Tooth would be neat. Imagine him mowing down Mario with a chainsaw, and using a shotgun to shoot Pikachu in the head.
Kratos would be cool as hell
He'll use his axe as a zoning tool like K. Rool's crown. And his Blades of Chaos can be his aerial attacks for the most part.
And I sincerely hope he isn't as broken as he was in PSASBR.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I guarantee you after Erdrick "Kick Geno's ***, get into Smash" Dragon Quest it'll all be surprise characters
I mean, it’ll probably be surprises in the sense of “we haven’t had clues about them”. But i’m not totally sure they’d go for 4/5 complete surprises.

There’s definite value in throwing curveballs, but those should, imho, be offset with hype picks, and there are plenty of 3rd party picks that would satisfy that.

If it was like:

Joker
Erdrick
Chosen Undead
Leon/Jill
Surprise pick/pick number 5

It gives us a mix of “oh ****” and “WAIT WHAT THE ****”. It’s not lopsided, but keeps things fresh.

Also what the Smash internet fans see as surprises or “WOAH DIDNT SEE THAT COMING” doesn’t always align with what’s actually all that surprising.

The Belmont’s made complete sense for example, yet there was a good amount of people who were like, “who?”, or “Castlevania? You mean guy with the whip?”

Sakurai likes going for a mix of classics and modern picks, so I think he might do it again with this DLC. But we have roughly 20 days until we find out.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Nah, real talk, if there was to be any Sony rep in the game, then Spike from Ape Escape could probably translate REALLY well into Smash. Out of the roster of PSASBR, he would probably translate the best alongside Sackboy.

Parappa, Jak and Daxter, and Toro would translate well too.
There's a severe lack of Ratchet and Clank in this post.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Here’s my roster for it:
Holy hell, that's quite the roster, and there's some really good picks in there too.

Guess I gotta match that number at the very least :p

Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Dr Strange
Captain Marvel
Gamora
Rocket and Groot
Spider-Man
Black Panther
Ultron
Thanos

Wolverine
Cyclops
Storm
Sentinel
Magneto
Rogue
Psylocke
Magik
Deadpool

Dr Doom
Venom

Mr. Fantastic
Doc Ock
Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Gwenpool
Daredevil
Punisher
Snowguard
Elsa Bloodstone (with Kei Kawade and Fing Fang Foom)
Moongirl and Devil Dinosaur
Ant-Man
Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)
Conan (Yeah, THAT Conan; he's currently a part of the Savage Avengers)
Loki
Scarlet Witch

Ryu
Chun-Li
Akuma
Rashid
Gill

X
Zero
Sigma
Roll
Bass

Chris
Jill
Leon
Wesker

Dante
Vergil
Nero
V

Morrigan
Anita
Jedah
B.B Hood

Phoenix Wright
Miles Edgeworth

Edward Falcon
Hinata/Akira
Rouge (PS)

Strider Hiryu
Asura
Frant West
Spencer
Captain Commando
Viewtiful Joe
Batsu
Soki
Saki Omokane
Regina
Monster Hunter
Arthur
Ryu (BoF)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Assuming the possibility we could get Japan only characters, I kinda wanted to list out our options here of companies and they’re most likely characters
  • Any unrepresented series from Capcom, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, etc.
  • Koei Tecmo-Ryu Hayabusa
  • SNK-Terry Bogard
  • Arc System Works-Ragna or Sol Badguy
Any others I should take note of?

Noipoi

Howdy!
My only hope for dlc is someone, don't care who, who I like honestly.

It'd be lame if there wasn't a single character who I enjoyed, but that's probably how it's gonna be.

No good times allowed for the Noipoi

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, yeah, but given recent trends with Nintendo and Microsoft alongside Microsoft being one of the big three console manufacturers it makes logical sense for there to be a Microsoft rep.

I don't understand why you think a Microsoft Rep is so unlikely.
Again, I don’t think it’s an impossibility, but I do think that the connection to Smash is an example of plopping Smash into a situation where it doesn’t necessarily apply.

Sure, they could add a Microsoft character. There was demand for Banjo from the ballot and then this collab started. But I personally see it more likely to be fan speculation, and nothing more.

If it happens it’ll be real hype, but it definitely seems like something that fans are hyping up only for it to not happen. It seems that way to me, at least.

Not everything Nintendo does connects to Smash. For the time being, I just think that’s what this Microsoft stuff is. But if we get Banjo at E3 i’d happily be wrong.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like Spike would play like a trap character. His B moves would be the RC Car for Neutral B the Monkey Radar for Down B the Dash Hoops for Side and the Glider could be for recovery. He would use the stun clubs for his normals, and his Smash attacks could be the boxing glove, the electric cannon, and something else.

His net might have to be his grab, because idk how else that would fit into his moveset if translated 1:1, but it has to be somewhere.

Final Smash is that laser cannon thingy.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
My only hope for dlc is someone, don't care who, who I like honestly.

It'd be lame if there wasn't a single character who I enjoyed, but that's probably how it's gonna be.

No good times allowed for the Noipoi
I was expecting the bare minimum for my boi. A new item or Assist Trophy which he hadn't gotten before, but not even that... :yoshi:

Roberk

Smash Champion
How would y’all react if one of the packs is a Dragalia Lost character? For a profitable game that came out in time for it to be considered for DLC and would represent Cygames I don’t see it talked about at all.

Noipoi

Howdy!
How would y’all react if one of the packs is a Dragalia Lost character? For a profitable game that came out in time for it to be considered for DLC and would represent Cygames I don’t see it talked about at all.
barely know what the frick that is

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
At the point we start hitting gacha characters, I think I would unironically prefer Astolfo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom