• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Adding an irrelevant Konosuba gif sure can get you likes, huh?
>calling the gif irrelevant
>the gif was meant to convey a sense of authority to go along with my statement, conveying both a sense of seriousness and comedy in dealing with a difficult conversation

CryingMegumin2.jpg

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Gonna try to derail the current two topics before they spiral any further out of control.

This image describes Pokemon fans and their tendency to overhype Starter Final Evolutions before they end up becoming the opposite (or just lesser versions) of what they expect:
Disappointment_Mordecai.png

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Adding an irrelevant Konosuba gif sure can get you likes, huh?
The Battle of the Somme (French: Bataille de la Somme; German: Schlacht an der Somme), also known as the Somme Offensive, was a battle of the First World War fought by the armies of the British Empire and French Third Republic against the German Empire. It took place between 1 July and 18 November 1916 on both sides of the upper reaches of the River Somme in France. The battle was intended to hasten a victory for the Allies and was the largest battle of the First World War on the Western Front. More than three million men fought in the battle and one million men were wounded or killed, making it one of the bloodiest battles in human history. The Battle of the Somme was fought in the traditional style of World War I battles on the Western Front: trench warfare. The trench warfare gave the Germans an advantage because they dug their trenches deeper than the allied forces which gave them a better line of sight for warfare. The Battle of the Somme also has the distinction of being the first battle fought with tanks. However, the tanks were still in the early stages of development, and as a result, many broke down after maxing out at their top speed of 4 miles per hour (6.4 km/h).

The first day on the Somme (1 July) saw a serious defeat for the German Second Army, which was forced out of its first position by the French Sixth Army, from Foucaucourt-en-Santerre south of the Somme to Maricourt on the north bank, and by the Fourth Army from Maricourt to the vicinity of the Albert–Bapaume road. The first day on the Somme was, in terms of casualties, also the worst day in the history of the British army, which suffered 57,470 casualties. These occurred mainly on the front between the Albert–Bapaume road and Gommecourt, where the attack was defeated and few British troops reached the German front line. The British troops on the Somme comprised a mixture of the remains of the pre-war regular army; the Territorial Force; and Kitchener's Army, a force of volunteer recruits including many Pals' Battalions, recruited from the same places and occupations.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That game development is so simple that Nintendo can just pop out a big AAA experience every other month with no downtime, and that the fact they do have downtime is "concerning". He thinks games should be coming out in droves now because Nintendo merged handheld and home console development divisions.

Biggest problem with Arlo's videos IMO is he isn't super objective. Personal bias drives his content and views on games a lot, which can be both good and bad. The whole point of this video here is he's saying the Switch's output of first party titles is disappointing because every year isn't like 2017 and we're not constantly getting huge experiences like Mario and Zelda every two or so months.

His expectations for Nintendo's Switch output is kind of unreasonable.
Well true that but I do think Nintendo could do better in not saving their games at the second half of the year. I.e. FE Three Houses was poised for Late 2018, then Spring 2019, and now Summer 2019. I doubt it's much of a quality issue as they were confident back in April last year that the game would be released by the end of 2018. And I do think in general they can help fill the gaps in months by having more ports. Excuse my ignorance on video game deveopment costs/production but I hope it's not wrong to assume that they could do this to help bridge the months without new titles. Or even supplement that with a big, noteworthy third party title or port.

I do, however think the idea of new games every month is a bit outlandish however. I can agree with that sentiment.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Gonna try to derail the current two topics before they spiral any further out of control.

This image describes Pokemon fans and their tendency to overhype Starter Final Evolutions before they end up becoming the opposite (or just lesser versions) of what they expect:
View attachment 223132
Meanwhile I’m just waiting to see what happens next.
3B8AE69E-CF80-4734-A4F0-9057BF5B0B87.jpeg

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I mean you would certainly be one of my first choices under the ToasterBrains empire
all i'm saying is that i'll happily take up the role of the funny court jester character who turns out to be the real villain after he kills the apparent main villain in a cutscene

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Ok, so I tried making a model, and it's REALLLLLYYYYY bad, but I gave it my best, I suppose. If anyone could take some time out of their day to share thoughts on this, that'd be great.

I also made a new render.

That looks like something out of Petscop 2 for the PS3.

It's pretty good as is, but could definitely use some refinement. I don't necessarily know where since I don't do 3D modeling, but you're definitely on the right track.

:^)

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You'd be surprised at the amount of people who don't even play smash and just come here for the community.
Problem is, whenever someone wants to talk about something like you mentioned it's always "there's a different thread for that". There are so many threads with different purposes that the whole thing is too split up imo, makes me wonder the point of a general social and all these different threads existing at once.
But I'll bite. Ezio, my resident shill pick, what could he do in Smash? Dude has a bunch of different gadgets. I feel like a poison effect one one of his moves could be cool, like you hit with the sweetspot and it does residual damage.
BRUH. I was literally just thinking about Assassin’s Creed. Let’s talk more.
What's your favorite stage or character alt color?

I tend to use Meta Ridley and the Red/Orange Mega Man the most, if not the default color for Mega Man.
I usually use the default colors for everyone.

Idk that I have a favorite stage, but I vastly prefer brighter, colorful stages.

Or, stages with the best music.

Shroob

Sup?
That looks like something out of Petcop 2 for the PS3.

It's pretty good as is, but could definitely use some refinement. I don't necessarily know where since I don't do 3D modeling, but you're definitely on the right track.

Uhhh achskually it's Petscop, no space.

****ing degenerate

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
all i'm saying is that i'll happily take up the role of the funny court jester character who turns out to be the real villain after he kills the apparent main villain in a cutscene
Do empires have traitorous court jesters? I thought that was a monarchy thing

In which case the only queen here is Cyn, so you can be her court jester

D

Deleted member

That looks like something out of Petscop 2 for the PS3.

For sure. I honestly really hate it, but I hope I get decent soon. Thanks either way.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah. The reuse of cels is what kills me now because I see them on repeat when editing episodes. Like, there are SO. MANY. And because abridged episodes are shorter it's even more egregious because you see them in quicker succession.

I've tried to avoid this by splicing together separate episodes' scenes and avoiding certain fights that are inconsequential, but damn. Heavyarms has like three things it does. And Deathscythe does the turn-around-and-slice move like once per episode.
I think you could abridge it but the fight scenes are not great for it with this series, sailor moon abridged got away with it due to the fact while they got stock footage it’s mixed with a lot more stuff.

Kind of what it is and harder to do with some series though likely makes it easier to do custom edits.

Just the nature of what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom