• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah.

Imagine, you see deadpool, walking down to the phone booth, about to change, and, after he changes, he come out and you see a certain yellow pokemon.

And then the real Deadpool comes and uses him as a weapon.
Deadpool: Pikachu! Use Thunderbolt!

*Pikachu then electrocutes Deadpool*

Deadpool: ...Owwww....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So soon after Projared? Look. I know we need to believe people when they say they were abused and false claims don’t happen nearly as often as people like to believe. But I remember the Tobuscus scandal, and I feel we need to actually investigate and get a guilty verdict before canceling people like this.
At the very least though, I think the news team should stop promoting his content for the time being. If he's found to be innocent, then they can start promoting him again. If not, he gets his promotion cancelled.

Honestly I'm curious to see how SourceGaming and DukeofDorks respond.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At the very least though, I think the news team should stop promoting his content for the time being. If he's found to be innocent, then they can start promoting him again. If not, he gets his promotion cancelled.

That’s fair. I guess.

Surprisingly, when I google him, this doesn’t come up. Like, at all. I just get his Twitter and Patreon.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Again, I'm impressed that James Rolfe managed to stay out such controversies despite starting the whole wacky video game reviews trend.

Like, the worst he got into was the Ghostbusters controversy, and everyone was on his side.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Judging by what I see of SourceGaming they just sweep it under the rug silently like with 2 of their staff members, one being a literal neonazi and the other being a huge homophobe and ****

D

Deleted member

if smashboards keeps supporting alax's content after the bull**** he pulled, i'm ****ing done with this site

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Again, I'm impressed that James Rolfe managed to stay out such controversies despite starting the whole wacky video game reviews trend.

Like, the worst he got into was the Ghostbusters controversy, and everyone was on his side.
I think the biggest reason for that is something everyone forgot. The Nerd is a made-up persona, a character nothing like James Rolfe himself. Hell, Rolfe has said multiple times that AVGN shouldn't be considered as an actual review channel or anything because it's all played up fake baby rage whereas others that took inspiration forget that and make their exaggerated rage the way to convey actual criticism. It's like the Sonic movie, it's not too terrible but the overreactions were already there because overreacting is how people get noticed about nerd stuff
Speaking of Know Your Moves, who remembers CrappyCaptureDevice?

I wonder where he went...
I miss that dude. Learned a lot about Fire Emblem with their Marth video

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Judging by what I see of SourceGaming they just sweep it under the rug silently like with 2 of their staff members, one being a literal neonazi and the other being a huge homophobe and ****
I know who the first guy is, but who's the second?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
if smashboards keeps supporting alax's content after the bull**** he pulled, i'm ****ing done with this site
Last I checked PushDustIn's still a mod despite only being on the site twice in the last 9 months or so
I know who the first guy is, but who's the second?
The guy who did ****ty traced 'art' on their articles, he silently got removed from the staff section a while ago

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Know Your Moves, who remembers CrappyCaptureDevice?

I wonder where he went...
Dude just said 'I am no longer able to make videos' and disappeared forever. Really wonder what happened to him. Maybe he just got tired of making videos.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
How is he qualified for all these professions again?
He's one of the richest members of society, the one in control of the Panama Papers (Remember that? Nobody with the power to stop it does apparently) and bribes universities to give him the degrees

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Last I checked PushDustIn's still a mod despite only being on the site twice in the last 9 months or so

The guy who did ****ty traced 'art' on their articles, he silently got removed from the staff section a while ago
Huh. Now his name is related to forging in more ways than one.

I actually didn't know he was on the staff.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Huh. Now his name is related to forging in more ways than one.

I actually didn't know he was on the staff.
Well he isn't anymore, I know Nantenjax really didn't like his bull**** and I think it was done after he was put in charge. Also the dude also kept screaming "I ****ed your mom lol" to a user here a while ago on twitter, I think it was praline who experienced that

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well he isn't anymore, I know Nantenjax really didn't like his bull**** and I think it was done after he was put in charge. Also the dude also kept screaming "I ****ed your mom lol" to a user here a while ago on twitter, I think it was praline who experienced that
Oh I definitely know his history lol. I'm just surprised they hired him in the first place.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh I definitely know his history lol. I'm just surprised they hired him in the first place.
It's honestly sad. I remember they did some articles on I believe Midna and Jill Valentine and they got a different user here, I think he was called Kenith the Gatherer. Not only was the artwork Kenith made on those articles significantly nicer to look at as it wasn't blurred pixels, but it also wasn't obviously traced (seriously Trace McBadPerson did Venom on a MVCI article and just by searching 'Venom' on google I found the exact ****ing image used in about 15 seconds)

D

Deleted member

How is he qualified for all these professions again?
I am convinced that Dr. Mario is actually a completely different person and that he's like, a cousin to Mario and Luigi, or something.

I found a Kirby abilities tier list:

The low placement of Water and Poison disturbs me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I am convinced that Dr. Mario is actually a completely different person and that he's like, a cousin to Mario and Luigi, or something.

I found a Kirby abilities tier list:

The low placement of Water and Poison disturbs me.
>Staff is S-tier
>Triple star is C-tier
images.jpeg

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
I already referenced it, but man do I really gotta link it again for hearing what Mr. I-Really-Had-Monika-from-DDLC-as-a-Part-of-My-Channel did.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Water and Poison are mid tier here though
Yeah, but that's really underselling them, TBH.

Poison especially has some pretty broken strats in Robobot, as it lets you place little AOE splotches of poison on the arena floor that give you amazing arena control over bosses. Not to mention it has the same invincibility frame abuse that Water has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom