• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Made a forum support thread about the RelaxAlax situation in regards to the news team featuring his content. I'm thinking the old ones will probably stay up, but I don't think any new videos should be featured.
And nothing of value was lost.

Good call, by the way.

Do you guys know people are still playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf to this day?
No, but I probably should, I'm running out of games to play before E3 comes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Do what I do. Rewatch Avatar: The Last Airbender for the umpteenth time.
My marathon of the real Avatar doesn’t start until next week (fun through that awesome **** before E3 kicks in...while also getting stuck through book 2 of Korra of course)
DUCKTALES TALK?

Darkwing reboor or not, as long as he and Negaduck continue to have major roles in the DuckTales reboot, I'll be more than content. Such a damn good show, and such a damn fine usage of Darkwing Duck and Negaduck...that origin story for Negaduck was incredible.

Once Star's over I might switch over for a Negaduck avatar.

The DuckTales reboot is one of my new favorite shows, I'll never miss an opportunity to talk about it lol.

Dear Steven Universe:

PLEASE AIR YOUR MOVIE SOON

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY TO WATCH MORE NEW DUCKTALES IF I HAVE SO LITTLE TO KEEP MY CRAVING FOR GOOD TELEVISION CONTAINED
That movie wait is as painful as waiting for the Rocko and Zim movies...and the return of Rugrats
DORIYAH is canon btw
Thanks NoA
Nintendo always making the right things canon
Made a forum support thread about the RelaxAlax situation in regards to the news team featuring his content. I'm thinking the old ones will probably stay up, but I don't think any new videos should be featured.
wait what

D

Deleted member

Only thing I'll say about recent events is at least PBG, AntDude, Space Hamster, Chadtronic, Failboat, Arlo, and Completionist are still good.

D

Deleted member

I'm happy that Scott and SomecallmeJohnny are good as well.
Alpharad can be fun as well. Some of his content is hit or miss, but I still like watching him from time to time.

Failboat is probably my favorite Smashtuber, though. I appreciate his family friendly approach to content; it's a breath of fresh air compared to the usual Smashtuber content.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
My smartphone exploded, after more than 3 years of use and still looking new despite the lack of any protection (aside of a simple fabric slipcase).
It fell about 4 times in all its lifetime and never a scratch... some days ago, it fell again and the screen broke.

In the meanwhile, I discovered a Mario Maker fangame called Super Mario Unimaker, and I'm doing some levels with that... I have the original Mario Maker for WiiU with a pixelated Mario Amibo, but I used it to death and I finished the ideas... Unimaker is more limited but it's a bit different, it has different elements, so I can make some new levels around them (it's also more accessible due to being a folder on the desktop of my notebook instead of having to connect an old console that I already put into a box and stored somewhere in my house because it was taking a lot of dust).

That's how I'm spending my free time recently, while waiting for the new Smash DLC announcement.
And I still don't have a Switch :(
(I'll get it soon, I mean, I think that in the worst case I'll get it next holydays, probably I'll get it even sooner than that, I don't know... I'm waiting to see if the rumor of an handheld/mini version are true, but it's also a matter of smartphones breaking and delaying the purchase of Switch :mad088:).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Only thing I'll say about recent events is at least PBG, AntDude, Space Hamster, Chadtronic, Failboat, Arlo, and Completionist are still good.
I'm happy that Scott and SomecallmeJohnny are good as well.
It's great that there are still some not terrible Youtubers, I would just be careful about promoting channels that you do enjoy as a first response in the wake of scandals. At the end of the day these are businesses, some of which are built around public personas, and that we often don't know what goes on behind the scenes in their personal lives or in the creative process.

D

Deleted member

It's great that there are still some not terrible Youtubers, I would just be careful about promoting channels that you do enjoy as a first response in the wake of scandals. At the end of the day these are businesses, some of which are built around public personas, and that we often don't know what goes on behind the scenes in their personal lives or in the creative process.
Nah I was talking about their content. I don't know any of these YouTubers personally, so I can't say how they are as people outside of their videos. Besides, it's not my place to judge people anyways.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I mean, I agree, but, uh, that wasn't exactly what I was trying to say...

D

Deleted member

I already played Earthbound. Not sure if Mother 3 is my cup of tea.
Oh, ok. It's soooo good though, it's my favorite one in the series. But if it's because it's really sad I see why lol. I also highly recommend Mother 1 (or Earthbound Beginnings as it's WiiU VC title). A lot of people don't like it but I love it and think it's a pretty underrated game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nah I was talking about their content. I don't know any of these YouTubers personally, so I can't say how they are as people outside of their videos. Besides, it's not my place to judge people anyways.
I mean, I agree, but, uh, that wasn't exactly what I was trying to say...
Not to call you out directly, I more or less wanted to get that off my chest as a PSA in the wake of the ProJared scandal. :p

D

Deleted member

Not to call you out directly, I more or less wanted to get that off my chest as a PSA in the wake of the ProJared scandal. :p
It's all good. There was a lot of that going on in recent events, so I definitely understand wanting to caution people. I was more or less just talking about YouTubers I like.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Alpharad can be fun as well. Some of his content is hit or miss, but I still like watching him from time to time.

Failboat is probably my favorite Smashtuber, though. I appreciate his family friendly approach to content; it's a breath of fresh air compared to the usual Smashtuber content.
Alpharad has gotta pretty freaking annoying to me personally

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So how was the final of Star Butterfly for y'all? Was it worth the wait?

Still gotta get around to watching it alongside Gravity Falls.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't sub to him. I occasionally check out a video from him if it seems interesting, but otherwise yeah he's kind of hit or miss.
I'm subscribed to him, but you're right, is content can be pretty hit or miss, tho when it hit, it's really good imo.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
DUCKTALES TALK?

Darkwing reboor or not, as long as he and Negaduck continue to have major roles in the DuckTales reboot, I'll be more than content. Such a damn good show, and such a damn fine usage of Darkwing Duck and Negaduck...that origin story for Negaduck was incredible.

Once Star's over I might switch over for a Negaduck avatar.

The DuckTales reboot is one of my new favorite shows, I'll never miss an opportunity to talk about it lol.

Dear Steven Universe:

PLEASE AIR YOUR MOVIE SOON

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY TO WATCH MORE NEW DUCKTALES IF I HAVE SO LITTLE TO KEEP MY CRAVING FOR GOOD TELEVISION CONTAINED
I just watched it. And I loved it. Even if it did bring up unpleasant memories as a Batman fan. God I hate the Dark Knight and everything it did. And if some of the things they said about the film industry hit a little close to home. God, why can’t I just enjoy things anymore.

D

Deleted member

I think in recent years especially, even the most squeaky clean person can have some dark secret exposed and have their career ended in a single moment. In general, never idolise people too hard I'd say.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Abuse allegations by his ex-girlfriend.
So soon after Projared? Look. I know we need to believe people when they say they were abused and false claims don’t happen nearly as often as people like to believe. But I remember the Tobuscus scandal, and I feel we need to actually investigate and get a guilty verdict before canceling people like this.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
relaxalax always felt like the illegitimate child of jacksfilms and alpharad to me, I can't enjoy his content

D

Deleted member

If they're making a Deadpool 3 they should reference Detective Pikachu in some way like they did with actor's roles in the series, like Green Lantern for Ryan Reynolds and Thanos for Josh Brolin.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think in recent years especially, even the most squeaky clean person can have some dark secret exposed and have their career ended in a single moment. In general, never idolise people too hard I'd say.
Why did it have to be the know your moves guy. With Drake not doing Smash History anymore, this type of show is just gonna die. It was fun and entertaining and now it has to die because this one guy possibly did something awful.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If they're making a Deadpool 3 they should reference Detective Pikachu in some way like they did with actor's roles in the series, like Green Lantern for Ryan Reynolds and Thanos for Josh Brolin.
I think in a Q&A, this topic was brought up. I dont remember the response, but it was from Ryan himself so...

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's why I've never particularly "idolised" anyone.

okay well maybe a couple fictional characters, but that doesn't count! that's a whole different problem in and of itself

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think in a Q&A, this topic was brought up. I dont remember the response, but it was from Ryan himself so...
Yeah.

Imagine, you see deadpool, walking down to the phone booth, about to change, and, after he changes, he come out and you see a certain yellow pokemon.

And then the real Deadpool comes and uses him as a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom