• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Stats post time!

37: Utopian Poyzin
21: ShinyLegendary
20: Scoliosis Jones
18: Smashing Ramen
16: Shroob
16: Zinith
15: tehponycorn
14: staindgrey
13: Iridium
13: Just a Penguin
13: TheCJBrine
10: ClaTheBae
7: BlueMonk
7: Noipoi
6: Mythra
6: Zeke the Zekenator
6: punished faygo
5: Pyra
3: Freezerburn

2: Mythra
2: Noipoi
2: Utopian Poyzin
1: ClaTheBae
1: Freezerburn
1: Iridium
1: ShinyLegendary
1: Shroob
1: staindgrey

00:13:52: punished faygo
00:16:37: Cyndane

Mythra
1st Place
00:34:27
Noipoi
1st Place
00:34:27
Freezerburn
3rd Place
00:32:07
ClaTheBae
4th Place
00:29:47
Iridium
4th Place

Shroob
4th Place
Smashing Ramen
7th Place
00:27:27
Scoliosis Jones
8th Place
00:25:17
Zinith
9th Place
00:23:07
Pyra
10th Place
00:20:57

tehponycorn
11th Place
00:18:47
Cyndane
12th Place
00:16:37
Utopian Poyzin
13th Place
00:16:02
punished faygo
14th Place
00:13:52
Zeke the Zekenator
15th Place
00:13:20

TheCJBrine
16th Place
00:11:10
staindgrey
17th Place
00:09:00
ShinyLegendary
18th Place
00:06:40
Just a Penguin
19th Place
00:04:20
BlueMonk
20th Place
00:02:10

Maybe we should stick to HG sims...

Also, everyone seemed to hate @UtopianPoyzin during this round.
Despite the outcome we were true bros to Freezerburn anyway lol

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
How does the perceived quality of one game deter the status of another as a game
No this is just my personal feelings.

What I'm saying is, I love Mania. It's a fantastic game. But I don't see it as a potential hope for the series getting better since it wasn't designed by the main team of developers that usually make sonic games.

If the Zelda series was as inconsistent as Sonic, and the oracle games came out from a different dev and were suddenly good, I wouldn't all of a sudden feel hopeful about the series being good again.

Maybe "endorsed fan game" was a bad way to put it, but this point is purely personal with my line of thinking.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
do you ever think about how weird it is that sonic (the drive in fast food chain) has never sponsored sonic (the hedgehog) despite the fact that they actually sell chili dogs

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No this is just my personal feelings.

What I'm saying is, I love Mania. It's a fantastic game. But I don't see it as a potential hope for the series getting better since it wasn't designed by the main team of developers that usually make sonic games.

If the Zelda series was as inconsistent as Sonic, and the oracle games came out from a different dev and were suddenly good, I wouldn't all of a sudden feel hopeful about the series being good again.

Maybe "endorsed fan game" was a bad way to put it, but this point is purely personal with my line of thinking.
I still see where you are coming from, and it makes sense. Plus, as one youtuber put it, whose name escapes me at the moment, when you look past the nostalgia, Mania is just another classic styled Sonic game.

just play jazz jackrabbit forget about sonic
Maybe I should do that. I'll still be a fan of Sonic, but I'd do this to take time off Sonic, ya know.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
A few things to think about with this Google leak stuff:

1) Google tracks trends with search engines
2) the characters in question (save for Artorias) are picks highly connected with DLC because of popularity
3) the ads themselves are the same for each character. The ads aren’t different, therefore it’s not that they are being created. It’s google taking keywords like, “Smash” “Ultimate”, “DLC” and then going to that link.

I can’t explain why it doesn’t work with certain characters, but this isn’t some conspiracy. Chances are, it’s not real.

If you don’t believe me, I can get some dudes to explain it better if needed.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
A few things to think about with this Google leak stuff:

1) Google tracks trends with search engines
2) the characters in question (save for Artorias) are picks highly connected with DLC because of popularity
3) the ads themselves are the same for each character. The ads aren’t different, therefore it’s not that they are being created. It’s google taking keywords like, “Smash” “Ultimate”, “DLC” and then going to that link.

I can’t explain why it doesn’t work with certain characters, but this isn’t some conspiracy. Chances are, it’s not real.

If you don’t believe me, I can get some dudes to explain it better if needed.
It also started happening with every character except the 4, but was the same ad. And when it did work for the 4, it didn't work for Erdrick and Steve which have been connected with DLC as well.

Also, it was said that the descriptions of the ad have some random elements, more than Joker's for some reason.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Katana Zero is pretty damn cool I just wish it didn't try to pull this psychotic kind of plot on me. I really hate this stuff that's just confusing for the sake of it and goes "oh it's because they're on DRUGS!!!". I get it. We all get it. Hotline Miami's plot wasn't good don't do it again.

*Ahem*
As for the actual gameplay, it's really just super fun. It's not hard but I'd say it just feels like that because death is quick and the slow motion ability make things more manageable. Just love how creative you can be with the game's objectives.
And the one thing I like about the plot is the Gameplay Integration it has, since both the retries and slow motion are part of it.

i just wish i could play as Snow she looks so ****ing cool hnhnngh

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
just play jazz jackrabbit forget about sonic
Are you that one middle aged reviewer that predicted the Wii would succeed when everyone else thought it would fail and then proceeded to rip into every last thing Nintendo released during the Wii U/3DS era

Because I remember that dude saying that Smash is terrible for having so many Japanese characters and they should add Jazz Jackrabbit instead

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Are you that one middle aged reviewer that predicted the Wii would succeed when everyone else thought it would fail and then proceeded to rip into every last thing Nintendo released during the Wii U/3DS era

Because I remember that dude saying that Smash is terrible for having so many Japanese characters and they should add Jazz Jackrabbit instead
i mean yeah I could be considered middle aged given that I die at age 40

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh dang what even did happen in that Mario maker direct I had work during that lol

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
NewWabiSabi brought up an interesting point.

"It links to a UK page that 404's. However, it still has the Nintendo.co.uk domain name, which is not allowed to be advertised by anybody except those with access to Nintendo's websites or accounts."
Interesting, though my question to this would be is it because they can't make the ads without the credentials or because they shouldn't have made it without them? If it's can't then it does imply that someone at least with access to Nintendo credentials did it and would give it at least a bit more credibility, but if it's shouldn't then I'd still be skeptical since the Grinch leak proves that people aren't above using methods of questionable legality to get their five minutes of fame.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
oh dang what even did happen in that Mario maker direct I had work during that lol
Reveals for tons of new objects to build stages with, new course themes (Snow, Desert, Forest, Sky), day/night mode for each theme with changes to the stage based on what time of day it is (during nighttime, underground stages are upside down, snow stages are slippery, sky stages become space stages with lowered gravity, etc), improved search feature, story mode, 4-player online multiplayer.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh, by the way, I dunno if anyone has brought this up yet, but ASTRAL CHAIN got new official art.

At least we got the Kamiya seal of approval, if you know what I mean. That's right.
GENERIC SEAFOOD.

This...this is beautiful

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
ok now I'm interested in ****ing Mario maker let me go look up this direct what kind of a ****ing story does mario maker have
You’re just helping rebuild Peach’s castle using coins you earn completing courses, but it’s a pretty decent way to learn the game’s mechanics.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
No, you're right, it IS a sonic game. But the team that made the game isn't Sonic Team. So I don't really see Mania as like, "hope for the future" when it comes to franchise.
I mean.

I see anyone who's willing to handle the franchise respectfully and with Sega's blessing as worthy to join that pantheon, but I'll agree to disagree.

That said you're right inasmuch as it won't really fix any issues with Modern Sonic development on its face, although depending on how many cues Sonic Team takes from Mania's success - not in the gameplay, outside of Classic Sonic sections, but maybe in the levels of care and polish - we might see something.

Also redfeatherraven redfeatherraven look...

I didn't wanna do this, but I have to do it. Just this once.

MADDEN ATTACK **********.

avi_presenting_madden.png

Okay that's generous and all but why am I being made to touch the EA sports game?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Of course I get to play as the true Dragon as soon as I say I wish I could play as another character. Let's see if the other Nulls are playable as well

Roberk

Smash Champion
Fire Emblem fans when someone points out that the Three Houses leak has little to no credibility and could easily be fake:
BA352D2E-C172-45F1-A592-CD48F3A830FF.png

D

Deleted member

Interesting, though my question to this would be is it because they can't make the ads without the credentials or because they shouldn't have made it without them? If it's can't then it does imply that someone at least with access to Nintendo credentials did it and would give it at least a bit more credibility, but if it's shouldn't then I'd still be skeptical since the Grinch leak proves that people aren't above using methods of questionable legality to get their five minutes of fame.
I dunno myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom