• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
FINALLY, I have my gif back!
34663.gif

Now I can celebrate properly!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I don't see it any more, so you might have dealt with it, but it's probably an issue with you underlining a space next to the image. Highlight the space, hit Control U or the underline button, and that should get rid of it.
Yeah I had already figured it out. Thanks anyway!

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
Did Octopath had a big spot on SE conference last year? both DQXI S (plus Builders 2) and Octopath were published by Nintendo and DQ twitter seems to ignore the existence of Builders 2 and DQXI S for the Switch. Dont think they will show DQXI S that much at the SE conference, Nintendo on the other hand...
Yeah, it appeared after Dragon Quest XI to make another push before launch. Essentially it was the launch trailer.

Square always seems to have one or multiple "Nintendo-based/lying" highlights, and with how much the Switch has sold and passing the PS4 in Japan, I would say it there'll be multiple highlights.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have decided Dark Souls fans here are dumb. The other day I asked about Artorius because I was unfamiliar with him. A friend of mine talked about the rumour yesterday due to only seeing the google rumour then and he said "He's basically Guts but without the cannon arm". THAT is how you sell me on a character

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
While they may not be as popular as their cuter base or cooler evolved forms, let's take a moment to appreciate some middle evolutions.

I dunno what it is about Charmeleon, but I actually like its design just slightly more then Charizard itself (still love my boy though). I think it has to do with it having a slicker build compared to Charizard's bulk, or maybe that smug attitude.

Grovyle is kind of a weird case where it's midform is super popular with some crowds, largely due to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but I still love its design for its own merits as well. It's feathery leaves looked more like a blue-green back in gen 3 and I'm kind of disappointed that they changed them to be more green going forward, but I still love its design nonetheless. It looks so much more swift then its fully evolved counterpart though, and I could easily imagine it effortlessly hopping between trees.

Then of course there's my boy Grotle. Torterra is cool and all but something about Grotle's design just speaks to me. Perhaps it's that it looks more like a proper anklyosaurus, with its slimmer shell and larger head? Not that I don't like tortoises, but their giant shells combined with tiny heads can look kind of silly.

Here goes the obvious shout out to :ultivysaur: while I'm at it. A lot of people hate her for her spammable projectile, massive Uair and Dair, and kill confirm off a grab that works at 80% but as a PT main I relish in that kind of salt. Keep it coming.

...Man a lot of Pokemon gain chub when they evolve. Anyway I'm tired and just randomly decided to ramble, but thank you for coming to my Ted Talk or whatever.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I have decided Dark Souls fans here are dumb. The other day I asked about Artorius because I was unfamiliar with him. A friend of mine talked about the rumour yesterday due to only seeing the google rumour then and he said "He's basically Guts but without the cannon arm". THAT is how you sell me on a character
"he has a sword doggo" didn't sell you?

1557918938806.png

D

Deleted member

Alright, so I actually got some sleep in the end! Yay.

Anyways, how are you all doing right now?
I finally got the two F4 costumes in Future Fight.
443B622C-0E96-4500-BD30-3C61FA5C60D5.jpeg

And some time after taking the screenshot, I took Susan Storm to level 70.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Here goes the obvious shoot out to :ultivysaur: while I'm at it. A lot of people hate her for her spammable projectile, massive Uair and Dair, and kill confirm off a grab that works at 80% but as a PT main I relish in that kind of salt. Keep it coming.
Ivysaur is the best part of Bulbasaur family AND Pokemon Trainer imo.

A lot of middle evolutions can use more love, especially Bayleef, Combusken, Monferno and Braixen.

D

Deleted member

A lot of middle evolutions can use more love, especially Bayleef, Combusken, Monferno and Braixen.
Combusken and Monferno are great, indeed.

D

Deleted member

Kingdra is the best Pokemon, objectively. There is no bias here, this is factual, Kingdra the best.
I’ll let it pass since Pokémon 3 had an amazing scene featuring Kingdra.

And that movie is my second favourite one behind the Darkrai one.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
we don't just stan artorias to see artorias, we stan artorias to see mario get heckin destroyed by a sword doggo in artorias's final smash

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
While they may not be as popular as their cuter base or cooler evolved forms, let's take a moment to appreciate some middle evolutions.

I dunno what it is about Charmeleon, but I actually like its design just slightly more then Charizard itself (still love my boy though). I think it has to do with it having a slicker build compared to Charizard's bulk, or maybe that smug attitude.

Grovyle is kind of a weird case where it's midform is super popular with some crowds, largely due to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but I still love its design for its own merits as well. It's feathery leaves looked more like a blue-green back then and I'm kind of disappointed that they changed them to be more green going forward, but I still love its design nonetheless. It looks so much more swift then its fully evolved counterpart though, and I could easily imagine it effortlessly hopping between trees.

Then of course there's my boy Grotle. Torterra is cool and all but something about Grotle's design just speaks to me. Perhaps it's that it looks more like a proper anklyosaurus, with its slimmer shell and larger head? Not that I don't like tortoises, but their giant shells combined with tiny heads can look kind of silly.

Here goes the obvious shout out to :ultivysaur: while I'm at it. A lot of people hate her for her spammable projectile, massive Uair and Dair, and kill confirm off a grab that works at 80% but as a PT main I relish in that kind of salt. Keep it coming.

...Man a lot of Pokemon gain chub when they evolve. Anyway I'm tired and just randomly decided to ramble, but thank you for coming to my Ted Talk or whatever.
As a huge Grovyle supporter, I approve of this message!

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Grovyle is kind of a weird case where it's midform is super popular with some crowds, largely due to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but I still love its design for its own merits as well. It's feathery leaves looked more like a blue-green back then and I'm kind of disappointed that they changed them to be more green going forward, but I still love its design nonetheless. It looks so much more swift then its fully evolved counterpart though, and I could easily imagine it effortlessly hopping between trees.

Middle forms are weird: they're typically either more popular than their evolved form (Braixen and arguably Grovyle spring to mind) or seen as as an awkward teenage phase that you just wanna get through as quick as possible (I don't think Marshtomp is anyone's favourite of its evolutionary line)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I mean, Braixen was in Pokken over Delphox.

But yeah, some middle evos have better designs than the final evos, Ivysaur and Dewott come to mind.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
I mean, Braixen was in Pokken over Delphox.

But yeah, some middle evos have better designs than the final evos, Ivysaur and Dewott come to mind.
Really? I personally like the design of Samurott, Dewott is still cool but I think Samurott has the better design.

D

Deleted member

we don't just stan artorias to see artorias, we stan artorias to see mario get heckin destroyed by a sword doggo in artorias's final smash
Really? A Sword Dog? That's interesting, I would prefer to keep my account but that's definitely interesting.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
As a huge Grovyle supporter, I approve of this message!
Give him an alt with his old blue-green leaves and I'm sold.
Kingdra is the best Pokemon, objectively. There is no bias here, this is factual, Kingdra the best.
I mean dragons are cool, and seahorses are also cool.
Kingdra is both so I guess that makes it doubly cool.
It's Pignite's and Emboar's designs that I don't like.
Pignite is a good boy you leave him alone.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh my God.

I just had such a bad charley horse that I can't stand.

Is it possible to do actual damage from a muscle spasm? This hurts so ****ing much.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I like the design of Samurott, I just prefer Dewott's.

It's Pignite's and Emboar's designs that I don't like.
Gen 5's starters in general are the probably the least popular trio - you didn't have the scenario of a standout starter or all three being generally liked

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Y'know it's dumb, but.

Doin that box earlier.

I feel like...wherever my love is now, maybe she's proud, y'know?

Promised her I'd get that room sorted for years. Better late than never, y'know?

Anyway. Pre-nap thoughts. Gonna drop off with a smile while I got it.
One step is always better than no step. Even if it doesn't seem like a big one, it's still the first thing you gotta do to dance.

You know better than any of us what it'd mean to her now. The smile is the icing (don't like cake personally, so I wouldn't know).

All I can really say is that I hope you keep a steady pace, and don't let yourself think your "baggage" is any less meaningful than any of the other life you bring to this room (much less any of the dribble we usually got going here). Between naps, of course.

D

Deleted member

Trying to render, but there’s so many bones, and it’s a lot to look at. lol

D

Deleted member

anyway, if you don't like Pokemon Fan Music, you've never listened to Pokemon Fan Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom