• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

A character doesn't need any leaks to be likely.

I don't think anyone currently in this thread believes Artorias is a lock. It's just this "leak" gave people a reason to think about Dark Souls and it has its own reasons to be in Smash.
Correct I don't think a Character needs leaks to be likely look at Jill Valentine, Doom Guy, Even Ryu Hayabusa people believe those characters may be in yet besides one fake leak none of them have been in any leaks.

Though what I think is that Leaks give people more faith in Characters and depending on who leaks a character our perception of said character could increase so I don't think Artorias isn't in because of no leaks but instead because of it's absurdity, I really think that they'd choose someone else for a DS rep.

And the Artorias = Brave thing while making sense only makes Artorias a Candidate at best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I just don't think anyone, even a troll with a ****ton of money, would be willingly spending 88 dollars a day in 'hopes' that someone would find it.

If this is fake, then the person to first bring attention to it would be the most likely culprit since, well, it's just a logical assumption.

"Hey guys I found this thing online it's kinda weird what do you think?"

My theory is that that 'leak' started the day someone 'noticed' it.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway, i think that if the ads are real, then they're pointing towards a big fighter reveal blowout at e3 in the vein of recent tekken/street fighter reveals, complete with renders for all four fighters

having finished models/renders might sound unlikely now, but if vaanrose's posts in april are anything to go by, kasumi's model of all characters was already near-finalized in february when anything earlier than an october release makes zero sense for her. models can be finished a long time before gameplay is finalised, as we've seen in street fighter season 3.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think Artorias isn't in because of no leaks but instead because of it's absurdity, I really think that they'd choose someone else for a DS rep.
It's only between him and Solaire, the two most iconic characters of the series.
And I'm siding more with the one that has more to work with.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Interesting comment I saw on Reddit but a user called Steel_Ketchup89. This is just some random redditor so take it with a grain of salt but...
I work in Search Engine Marketing and have an intimate knowledge of Google Ads. Some random person couldn't just run a Nintendo ad without owning their trademark and proving they're a legitimate advertiser. It's tougher to fake a Google ad than you might think. You can bid on whatever keywords you want, but the ad copy itself is pretty strict. If this really is from Nintendo, somebody messed up pretty bad by targeting these keywords early.

Hm. I'm still naturally skeptical of these things but this is still pretty interesting.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Interesting comment I saw on Reddit but a user called Steel_Ketchup89. This is just some random redditor so take it with a grain of salt but...

Hm. I'm still naturally skeptical of these things but this is still pretty interesting.
Oh my, this is giving me Grinch Leak flashback right now.

Just to be sure, what were the 4 characters in this leak? Beside Artorias?

D

Deleted member

>Some Random user
>A Bunch of credible Leakers

Yeah I'll go with my gut and say Erdrick is Brave so either 1) This thing is bunk or 2) There really is a Dark Souls rep but it's not Brave. I really don't want to delete my account.

Shroob

Sup?

Didn't Push literally make an ad for Smashbros.com in this Tweet?

Calane

Smash Ace
I gotta admit, I'm going to be pretty upset if Erdrick isn't in this game. I've been stressing out over it for so long... Having all of this end with no SE character at all would feel sort of like this:

f8b.gif

I won't give up hope until the very end, but...I don't know. It's looking like another one of those "dreams don't come true" moments for me.

(If the Google Ad thing is true, maybe Erdrick's still DLC but isn't a part of the Fighters Pass? Like Piranha Plant? ...Please?)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Didn't Push literally make an ad for Smashbros.com in this Tweet?
it's more that the leak ad is very specifically the fighter's pass one that 'legit' nintendo uses for joker, complete with star ratings - you can copy/paste the text, but my understanding is that the URL is a marketing-unique protected by nintendo

1557649806534.png

what pushdustin's done is just a standard link into the front page of the smash site

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Doctor Strange picks flowers.
Dr Strange picking flowers.png

This one took me a while...

King K. Rool and Dante split up to search for resources.
I can't help but imagine K.Rool just strutting along at his own pace while Dante ****s off elsewhere trying to figure out how to build a tent without messing up somehow.

Chinderblock receives fresh food from an unknown sponsor.
And then proceeds to store the food in her specialized chin-pouch, thanks to being bitten by a radioactive Alolan Raticate.

Predator picks flowers.
Predator picking out flowers.png

My only regret is making these super goddamn slowly.

Smashing Ramen constructs a shack.
Bowl of ramen attempts to climb a tree, but falls to his death.
I feel like these events occurred out of order...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
View attachment 219187
Hmmmmmmmm.....I don't know guys, I just can't buy into it at the moment, it's giving me too much of a "Grinch" impression, it look too good to be true is what i'm sayin'.
it's an especially interesting case because while we know the ads are 'real'--i.e. we can check for ourselves and see they exist--the circumstances behind why they're there is much harder to guess.

if it's real, nintendo ****ed up big time.
if it's fake, then someone is spending a stupid amount of money per day for something most people have dismissed out of hand.

both box theory and grinch leak show that either outcome is equally plausible.

Shroob

Sup?
Then I legit don't ****ing know. :drshrug:

Like, I'm not going to cry "legit!" because, well I always give leaks a heavy dose of scrutiny, but......

This is a bizarre leak.

D

Deleted member

I gotta admit, I'm going to be pretty upset if Erdrick isn't in this game. I've been stressing out over it for so long... Having all of this end with no SE character at all would feel sort of like this:

View attachment 219184

I won't give up hope until the very end, but...I don't know. It's looking like another one of those "dreams don't come true" moments for me.

(If the Google Ad thing is true, maybe Erdrick's still DLC but isn't a part of the Fighters Pass? Like Piranha Plant? ...Please?)
And I've been stressed over Geno not being in until I started to do that bet for my account it made me root for Erdrick, Instead of thinking he was my opponent I started thinking of him as a Character that has his own merits and someone who deserves to be in Smash so with my bet I started rooting for him.

And if after all of that he doesn't get in then what's the point in all of that? It would be a bummer.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Remember how Mariotehplumber claimed responsibility for the Grinch leak? Because I can see a man who bought so many Rosalina amiibo wanting to also waste money like this.

Shroob

Sup?
I do find it kinda suspicious that they only found Artorias after SPECIFICALLY looking for Artoria from the Fate franchise over on PapaGenos discord server first.

Like, if this is fake, and the person who revealed it was the mastermind behind it, they could have easily pulled Artorias after seeing people search for Artoria.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Remember how Mariotehplumber claimed responsibility for the Grinch leak? Because I can see a man who bought so many Rosalina amiibo wanting to also waste money like this.
Hilariously (and sadly) enough, you have a point.

Just another game of "Rich morons will do anything to piss people off", potentially-speaking of course.

D

Deleted member

I couldn't see this man do something like the Grinch Leak but doing something like this? I could totally see he already spent crazy money with that Rosalina Amiibo fiasco years back why wouldn't he also waste money like this? He's done some trolling that involved money once he can do it again.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm pretty welcome to the idea of a Dark Souls character, be it Solaire, Artorias or The Chosen Undead/Curse Bearer/Ashen One - If anything, this 'leak/rumour' has made me think a bit more about the possibility of seeing Dark Souls content in Smash Bros. I'm not going to add it to my "THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN" pile, but if it does, I'll be impressed either way.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I do find it kinda suspicious that they only found Artorias after SPECIFICALLY looking for Artoria from the Fate franchise over on PapaGenos discord server first.

Like, if this is fake, and the person who revealed it was the mastermind behind it, they could have easily pulled Artorias after seeing people search for Artoria.
Bias-Mode Engaged: If this leak is real, part of me hopes there is an "error" with Artorias and the ad search mistook Artoria for the Dark Souls character due to being one letter off from each other.

I couldn't see this man do something like the Grinch Leak but doing something like this? I could totally see he already spent crazy money with that Rosalina Amiibo fiasco years back why wouldn't he also waste money like this? He's done some trolling that involved money once he can do it again.
Thing is, I wouldn't exactly pin him as crafty enough to make something that auspicious.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Bias-Mode Engaged: If this leak is real, part of me hopes there is an "error" with Artorias and the ad search mistook Artoria for the Dark Souls character of the similar name.

Thing is, I wouldn't exactly pin him as crafty enough to make something that auspicious.
But that's impossible.

Her name's now Altria. :mybodyisreggie:

Calane

Smash Ace
And I've been stressed over Geno not being in until I started to do that bet for my account it made me root for Erdrick, Instead of thinking he was my opponent I started thinking of him as a Character that has his own merits and someone who deserves to be in Smash so with my bet I started rooting for him.

And if after all of that he doesn't get in then what's the point in all of that? It would be a bummer.
I get that you made a bet, but I don't think you should delete your account over something so silly. I'm sure people will understand if you back out of it.

But yeah, it would truly be a bummer.

In the scenario that the Google Ad theory is true, what was up with Tansut? I believe his source is connected to SE, so...why was he hearing about a DQ character being DLC? That doesn't make any sense, especially since SE has nothing to do with the Fighters Pass in this scenario.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
you thought it was the character who had all the evidence in the world pointing towards his inclusion

but it was me, artorias the abysswalker

1557650763745.png

D

Deleted member

I get that you made a bet, but I don't think you should delete your account over something so silly. I'm sure people will understand if you back out of it.

But yeah, it would truly be a bummer.

In the scenario that the Google Ad theory is true, what was up with Tansut? I believe his source is connected to SE, so...why was he hearing about a DQ character being DLC? That doesn't make any sense, especially since SE has nothing to do with the Fighters Pass in this scenario.
I know I probably should back out but I don't want to be perceived as some coward and I'm a man of my word so even if I wanted to I'm not going to. Also I have no idea I always imagined that if Erdrick isn't in as DLC then he was cut due to legal issues but that was always a stretch.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
you thought it was the character who had all the evidence in the world pointing towards his inclusion

View attachment 219189
If that's true, Link Vs Artorias would be a ****ing cool match-up to see.

After all, Dark Souls is cleary inspired by Zelda in some places, and a Link did become a undead of sort in TP (The Hero's Shade), so yeah, give me that good **** Nintendo!

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
But that's impossible.

Her name's now Altria. :mybodyisreggie:
Nia_wut.png

I don't know what you're talking about, Shroob. Her name's still written as Artoria, unless it's a regional thing.

Every time MTP's name is mentioned, a Rosalina fan out in the world is mildly inconvenienced in some way... :yoshi:
Jokes on that guy. I already had a Rosalina amiibo, though nowadays I'd rather there be a full scale figure of the character. Amiibos are very low quality and stupidly-hard to get.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I know I probably should back out but I don't want to be perceived as some coward and I'm a man of my word so even if I wanted to I'm not going to. Also I have no idea I always imagined that if Erdrick isn't in as DLC then he was cut due to legal issues but that was always a stretch.
for the record, i still think erdrick is the most likely candidate for brave, but when you consider the state that cloud's in (as well as the rumours that cloud nearly didn't make it back), it doesn't speak to the best working relationship between nintendo and square when it comes to smash. as the atlus deal also went off without a word from insiders, it's also not impossible that the murmurings they've heard over the deal for erdrick/the second square rep just fell through at some point and never materialized.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the circumstances of the leak are weird. Just to search the characters with these search parameters you have to have a lot of free time in your hands. Just a question, if another search engine is used with Joker can you see the ads for him?

(Plus regarding 4chan, text leaks are a daily thing so one that eventually had Artorias is not really a stretch :b)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Honestly, the circumstances of the leak are weird. Just to search the characters with these search parameters you have to have a lot of free time in your hands. Just a question, if another search engine is used with Joker can you see the ads for him?

(Plus regarding 4chan, text leaks are a daily thing so one that eventually had Artorias is not really a stretch :b)
i've found all five characters (joker included) with both chrome and edge.

they're also google ads, so they wouldn't appear in any other engine.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 219192
I don't know what you're talking about, Shroob. Her name's still written as Artoria, unless it's a regional thing.

Jokes on that guy. I already had a Rosalina amiibo, though nowadays I'd rather there be a full scale figure of the character. Amiibos are very low quality and stupidly-hard to get.
FGO_062717_Screenshots_17.jpg

bottom text

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

View attachment 219189
Also, sorry for quoting that post again, but I just realized that the 3 DLC character we have here are green, red and blue.

Yeah, I think we have the evidence we needed, fellas.:ultsonic:

Calane

Smash Ace
I see. Well, I just really hope Erdrick makes it.

And not just for my own sake, but yours as well.

D

Deleted member

i've found all five characters (joker included) with both chrome and edge.
Not browsers, search engine like Google or Bing. And I'm just wondering if Joker has the same on Bing.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
But that's the English version, isn't it? Everywhere else it's "Artoria". Are we to assume that the characters we search for the google ad thing must be the precise and localized names of the fighters? Regardless, it's all just one big rumor anyway, so I'm playing around with variables here while it's a hot topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom