• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't play Splatoon all that much, but do laws operate the same in their universe as it does ours? :yoshi:
I actually don't think they've explored laws in Splatoon too much yet. I'd like to see more lore like that, though.

D

Deleted member

Broke: Having OCs
Joke: Having stuffed animals you talk to
Woke: Having OCs that are your own imaginary friends

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Curious on what the roster would be like for that game.
I'll try to come up with one later.

It may seem like there are a lot of the same weapons, but I figure that each fighter would use different sword, lance, and axe fighting styles. Magic and Bow & Arrow could come down to different formations and elements of attacks.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I understood and addressed this part in my post. Vaanrose was saying that the file wouldn't be like that if Jane was developed separately from Joker, and I agree with him on that front. However, if Jane was being developed using Joker as a base to build off of, which is likely the case, the file would still be in that same format, AND it would explain why there's two codenames within one file. After all, even with alternate costume characters ala Alph for Olimar, there's not two different names within the same file. However, it is something we have seen before, like with Piranha Plant and Bowser Junior. Plant still has similar animation files built into their code that have Junior's name and "Pakkun", Plant's codename, both in the same line, just like Jane and Jack. That's why I think we're looking at someone new still.
Hmm. Fair enough. We'll likely have a more concrete answer on the matter in a couple days anyway.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Paging @vaanrose, Teeb147 Teeb147 , and @Gentlepanda.

Earlier, I compiled the information the three of you provided on this thread into a post on ResetEra's Smash DLC speculation thread. The well-researched (and frankly even overwhelming) information in your posts have proven extremely hard to disregard. To the three of you, especially vaanrose, thank you for your research and information-gathering. Without your dedication, the Jane train would probably not have restarted.

Again, to the three of you, thank you for your service!

EDIT: wildvine47 wildvine47 has responded!
Well, I guess it got further than I thought it would because of you :p

wilddvine might have some counterpoints, I guess, but he seems to think that they'd use base characters for models, not just the parameters, which I might find at least a bit weird.
He seems to think that it could happen to use joker's model for another character down the line, but im not sure that's thought through very well because working on a model would take long and you wouldn't keep it named after joker, that seems very odd and messy. And would they really test ponytail physics without an original model? Basically, I've got a few open questions for now, that might take some thought.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
The decision to focus on three games made total sense though. That way they could further flesh out the casts of those games instead of only limiting them to, say, the main lords. What sucked was the distribution AMONG those three. Awakening hit he sweet spot of six, but Fates got nine while Shadow Dragon only got three. It should have been six for each.

For a first entry, it made sense to focus on the most popular. Awakening and Fates were best-sellers, while Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light was the first entry (not to mention OG Mystery of the Emblem being the best selling game [when only looking at Japan] in the series to this day). The Jugdral games and Binding Blade remain Japan-only still, Shadows of Valentia was too early in development to add more than Celica, and despite how beloved they are, the Tellius duology sold very poorly and hasn't been rereleased yet. The Sacred Stones and The Blazing Blade were the only overly popular omissions, mostly Blazing Blade, but at least Lyn got thrown a bone.

Basically, if they had to limit it to three games, I think they picked the right three as far as mass appeal.
I'll be honest, I really liked their distribution of the three games. Fates needed all royals because it wouldn't be fair otherwise imo, if they only picked some would it be the most popular? Because then that means there'd be more Nohr than Hoshido. Would they just pick the royal brothers? Because then that's just lame. Would they just go with Corrin/Azura/Takumi/Camilla? Because then that's too little.

imo with Fates it was an all or nothing situation and I'm really glad they put all in, I would've protested if they didn't put Sakura in. No Sakura no buy.

It's a bit ridiculous how SD only had 3 characters in the base game but FE Warriors should have just had more characters, if HW can have like 40 unique movesets then I'm not sure why they had to have so many clones in FE Warriors.

D

Deleted member

Ahh, imaginary friends.
I used to have many of them. Some of them were stupid. One was named "Evilness".

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'll be honest, I really liked their distribution of the three games. Fates needed all royals because it wouldn't be fair otherwise imo, if they only picked some would it be the most popular? Because then that means there'd be more Nohr than Hoshido. Would they just pick the royal brothers? Because then that's just lame. Would they just go with Corrin/Azura/Takumi/Camilla? Because then that's too little.

imo with Fates it was an all or nothing situation and I'm really glad they put all in, I would've protested if they didn't put Sakura in. No Sakura no buy.

It's a bit ridiculous how SD only had 3 characters in the base game but FE Warriors should have just had more characters, if HW can have like 40 unique movesets then I'm not sure why they had to have so many clones in FE Warriors.
Hyrule Warriors also had 16 of those characters added via DLC, whereas FE Warriors only got 9, of which 3 were unique (Linde, Olivia, Azura).

Hyrule Warriors was definitely worked on more overall as well.

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace

To illustrate what I was saying earlier, here's some of what I was talking about with Piranha Plant and Bowser Jr.

These files are all from Piranha Plant's animations folder, but still clearly retain their names from when they were Jr.'s files, still containing mentions of "jr" and "clown" within them. To me it's indicative that they reuse animation files from existing characters and then rebuild them into the new characters. And considering that our Jane file is a hair related animation file, it'd be right in line with this kind of practice.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
a fire emblem fighting game would be marth, ike, roy, and the rest are just random characters from awakening and fates

prove me wrong

D

Deleted member

Law 1: Booyah back
Law 2. Those who do not Booyah back are to be fined. And shunned. Heavily shunned.

Law 3. Do not call Pearl short or make forehead jokes. The city of Inkopolis can't afford the constant damage repairs.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
a fire emblem fighting game would be marth, ike, roy, and the rest are just random characters from awakening and fates

prove me wrong
I can't prove a man wrong when he's right.

Fact is, I don't know a single game developer that gives a **** about their old games in crossovers that aren't Square Enix and their Dissidia.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Fact is, I don't know a single game developer that gives a **** about their old games in crossovers that aren't Square Enix and their Dissidia.
sega needs you to shill remind them about what characters are important enough for another crossover

Teeb147

Smash Legend

To illustrate what I was saying earlier, here's some of what I was talking about with Piranha Plant and Bowser Jr.

These files are all from Piranha Plant's animations folder, but are all clearly still named after Jr.'s files, still containing mentions of "jr" and "clown" within them. To me it's indicative that they reuse animation files from existing characters and then rebuild them into the new characters. And considering that our Jane file is a hair related animation file, it'd be right in line with this kind of practice.
That's a really good point. The thing is, compared to animations down the lines, we're talking about an actual 3d model set that will use all these. I dont believe they'd work on a model and keep it named after joker and only rename the hair animation file.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

These files are all from Piranha Plant's animations folder, but still clearly retain their names from when they were Jr.'s files, still containing mentions of "jr" and "clown" within them. To me it's indicative that they reuse animation files from existing characters and then rebuild them into the new characters. And considering that our Jane file is a hair related animation file, it'd be right in line with this kind of practice.
Hmmmm. I would say "what if the inverse is true, and they used someone else's ponytail physics to build a foundation for Joker's alt", but nobody has the name "Jane" in the files.

I'll still believe that Jane is related to Joker, but it's hard to say for certain anymore.

D

Deleted member

*Cough Cough, Nintendo*
:gawmelee::icsmelee::drmario::rob::pit::4palutena::4littlemac::ultkrool:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really don't buy the "all or nothing" thing, honestly. Hardin, Jagen, Nyna, and Minerva are all more crucial to Shadow Dragon and Archanea as a whole than a good chunk of the royals are to Fates, and yet only Minerva ended up getting in...as DLC. Add in other fairly important characters like Merric, Ogma, Cain, Abel, the Whitewings, and Camus, and there was a lot skipped over.

Fates would've been fine with Corrin/Azura/Ryoma/Xander/Takumi/Camilla, IMO. Main character with Corrin, a major representative of the three paths with Ryoma, Xander, and Azura, and a fan favorite from Hoshido and Nohr with Takumi and Camilla.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
With Mortal Kombat DLC coming on the way which the Kombat Pack 1 should soon enough be revealed. That should help keep us waiting for the next DLC Smash reveals at E3.

Still betting Banjo and Erdrick.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
sega needs you to shill remind them about what characters are important enough for another crossover
GOD ****ING DAMMIT ATLUS, IT WAS YOUR FIRST INTERNATIONAL GAME.

HOW DO YOU FORGET THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
gaea rage.png

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So, lets try this..not counting cut alternate colours, what colours do you really wish were actually in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? Note: This is only in regards to new Alternate Colours, not Alternate Costumes.
Here are two of mine..

I made this one myself actually..I thought if Cloud couldn't have his Kingdom Hearts costume, then a colour would be a nice runner up and, honestly, it looks so much better then I initially thought it would..I'm really disappointed its not in the game now.

I really don't know what Sakurai has against obvious alternate costumes..I mean, it took until Brawl to get Fire Mario..and then it was cut from Ultimate..yet the random Pink/Blue & Black colour references stay? Similar case with Zelda getting a Hilda colour..its just so obvious yet it hasn't happened for two games now, instead she has a much more similar to her default OoT Alt Colour (and in Wii U/3DS, near identical LttP & OoT alts) yet no Hilda which would be much more visually distinct and similar to how Peach has had a Daisy alt until she became her own character..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I legitimately hope that its just Joker with a ponytail so my fantasies of yanking and pulling on his hair make a little bit more sense

D

Deleted member

On a serious note...

All this fancy analyzing, but a very simple point unanswered.

Why would Jill actually be called Jane as a codename?
The idea that they're using Joker as a base for an RE character would also be really bizarre. Using Joker just to test a ponytail model completely unrelated to him also seems super odd to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
At this point, I'm hoping P5R girl is just another Marie and Jane turns out to be nothing, just out of SPITE.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

Correct me if I am wrong. Would this mean in addition to "Brave", "Jane" was developed at the same time as Joker ("Jack")? Or am I getting stuff mixed up?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Is it though?

I could probably name a dozen "sets" that aren't complete without everyone.
It definitely wouldn't be fair, because Fates is at least two different games. So if they had the full Nohr siblings but only like Ryoma for Hoshido, that wouldn't be fair for Birthright players because then they're left with just 2 Fates characters that they really knew (Corrin and Ryoma), yet Conquest players have like 5. And the whole point of Fates was picking your kingdom, bloodline or family. If you're not putting in each full Kingdom in Warriors then just leave the whole game out imo and put in another
Hyrule Warriors also had 16 of those characters added via DLC, whereas FE Warriors only got 9, of which 3 were unique (Linde, Olivia, Azura).

Hyrule Warriors was definitely worked on more overall as well.
The problem is though that HW had much more unique movesets, even from the start. It launched with 20 unique weapons, and that became 23 with the free Villains DLC (although you had to buy the DLC to get their higher level weapons, the point still stands). FE launched with just 15. And it only got four unique characters from the DLC (the three you mentioned + Oboro) while even just with the Wii U DLC, Hyrule Warriors had Twili Midna, Tingle, Young Link, the Dominion Rod, and technically the Spinner? So already even if you discount the various remasters Hyrule Warriors had, it still had many more unique movesets than Fire Emblem Warriors did (28 vs 19).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Weird question, but does anybody else here have stuffed animals?
****ing yeah I got stuff toys...even though as don’t play with any toy anymore, Ali still love my childhood stuffed toys to death and will literally kill to protect them
Many

Mostly of video game and Movie characters I like
Same
Think this might be a hint towards the next DLC character tbh
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I love gun

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, lets try this..not counting cut alternate colours, what colours do you really wish were actually in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? Note: This is only in regards to new Alternate Colours, not Alternate Costumes.
Here are two of mine..

I made this one myself actually..I thought if Cloud couldn't have his Kingdom Hearts costume, then a colour would be a nice runner up and, honestly, it looks so much better then I initially thought it would..I'm really disappointed its not in the game now.

I really don't know what Sakurai has against obvious alternate costumes..I mean, it took until Brawl to get Fire Mario..and then it was cut from Ultimate..yet the random Pink/Blue & Black colour references stay? Similar case with Zelda getting a Hilda colour..its just so obvious yet it hasn't happened for two games now, instead she has a much more similar to her default OoT Alt Colour (and in Wii U/3DS, near identical LttP & OoT alts) yet no Hilda which would be much more visually distinct and similar to how Peach has had a Daisy alt until she became her own character..
Black Yoshi's death was unnecessary.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hmmmm. I would say "what if the inverse is true, and they used someone else's ponytail physics to build a foundation for Joker's alt", but nobody has the name "Jane" in the files.

I'll still believe that Jane is related to Joker, but it's hard to say for certain anymore.
I was thinking about that today, and they havent used codenames before joker, and from what I heard Cloud was the base for joker. Altho im curious to see the files for that. I think it was some of the animation file names too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom