• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Paging vaanrose vaanrose , Teeb147 Teeb147 , and Gentlepanda Gentlepanda .

Earlier, I compiled the information the three of you provided on this thread into a post on ResetEra's Smash DLC speculation thread. The well-researched (and frankly even overwhelming) information in your posts have proven extremely hard to disregard. To the three of you, especially vaanrose, thank you for your research and information-gathering. Without your dedication, the Jane train would probably not have restarted.

Again, to the three of you, thank you for your service!

EDIT: wildvine47 wildvine47 has responded! You can find his take on the information. vaanrose, you are probably well-equipped to dissect it.
https://smashboards.com/threads/ult...vision-edition.467706/page-4638#post-23251809

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Think this might ne a hint towards the next DLC character tbh
There was a problem fetching the tweet
why does his edgy trenchcoat have to flow every time he shoots a bullet

does this kid thinks hes batman because if i could have batman in smash i'd die for it

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, FE3 is a ****ing goddamn masterpiece that not enough people have experienced so I'm not fine with that.
FE3 in general is an interesting game to talk about. Unlike Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light and Gaiden, which were both pretty much entirely invalidated by their remakes, Mystery of the Emblem and New Mystery of the Emblem can each stand on their own. It helps that OG Mystery was a SNES game and not a Famicom title like FE1 and FE2, of course, so there's less user-unfriendly interface issues, but even beyond that the games are really different in a lot of ways, for better and for worse. There are some things I think OG Mystery does better, and others that I think New Mystery does better, but they're both wonderful.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ride-is-still-on.91979/page-342#post-20064335

Well hey, since you guys seem to be so interested in Jane's current situation and vaanrose's addition to my previously-posted theory, I've made a new post to gather my thoughts on what I think the Jane situation is post-Joker.
Naruhod 3F_paper.gif

While I certainly very much respect the effort you put into this, your conclusion that "she could very well be Jill Valentine being developed using Joker as a base." contradicts vaanrose's point, as he stated, and I quote, "I tested this myself and can confirm "[x].mb_hairSystemShape.mchp" is the way Maya automatically handles hair system cache filenames. Joker and Jane are 100% connected and she is not Jill, Lara or any other random girl with a ponytail."

While I certainly won't speak for him and say this is him saying Jane is 100% confirmed to be a Joker alt, the idea that it could still be Jill doesn't make sense when we consider this statement.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Weird question, but does anybody else here have stuffed animals?
I grew up having a ton, even keeping a few through my teen years, I either have them in storage or gave some to my younger sister.

Not an animal, but I will admit to having a Sailor Jupiter plush currently in my apartment that I bought from an anime convention in my area.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
View attachment 211169

While I certainly very much respect the effort you put into this, your conclusion that "she could very well be Jill Valentine being developed using Joker as a base." contradicts vaanrose's point, as he stated, and I quote, "I tested this myself and can confirm "[x].mb_hairSystemShape.mchp" is the way Maya automatically handles hair system cache filenames. Joker and Jane are 100% connected and she is not Jill, Lara or any other random girl with a ponytail."

While I certainly won't speak for him and say this is him saying Jane is 100% confirmed to be a Joker alt, the idea that it could still be Jill doesn't make sense when we consider this statement.
Naruhod 3F_papers_talk.gif

Please note that I myself am not knowledgeable on this topic, so that's why I can't speak for vaanrose, but surely there must be something he can see that I cannot, if he was able to say "this was 100% meant for Joker, and not anyone else" with such confidence.

D

Deleted member

Considering the rumors going around that I read when I lurked, I would think the character he is talking about is actually bigger than Banjo as he mentioned the character mentioned with being possibly revealed with a fan favorite. I would lean on Brave being either Master Chief or Gordon Freeman with announcements related to their franchises and the Switch. Plus ATM, they could very well be just rumors that don't come into fruition.
But banjo would be a big reveal because he was abandoned since then when Microsoft bought them and have never been used after the horror from nuts and bolts this is their chance to come back home their return would be huge. Besides there’s no Sony at e3 so neither Nintendo and ms alone together this is the perfect time to reveal them. Also the overshadow part would most likely be Xbox on switch.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Starting to think none of you have ever opened someone's profile before or at least bothered to not assume pronouns
I didn't use "They're" one time. One ****ing time and I ****ed it up. Goddammit.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
View attachment 211169

I understood and addressed this part in my post. Vaanrose was saying that the file wouldn't be like that if Jane was developed separately from Joker, and I agree with him on that front. However, if Jane was being developed using Joker as a base to build off of, which is likely the case, the file would still be in that same format, AND it would explain why there's two codenames within one file. After all, even with alternate costume characters ala Alph for Olimar, there's not two different names within the same file. However, it is something we have seen before, like with Piranha Plant and Bowser Junior. Plant still has similar animation files built into their code that have Junior's name and "Pakkun", Plant's codename, both in the same line, just like Jane and Jack. That's why I think we're looking at someone new still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom