• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wasn’t getting one shot at that point but I did end up bamboozled by the large staircase as well. Still, I kinda enjoyed walking around, Uraya is pretty
My party was at around level 22 and there were a ton of enemies near the main entrance that were over level 30. You notice this when you explore everywhere else but the actual place that progressed plot, which can happen if you get lost. Other enemies around level 21 can just dogpile on Rex before they target Tora and that can kill me off easily too when I just want to run away because I fought them over 20 times. Now I like the combat in Xenoblade Chronicle 2 after learning how to chain attack, but fighting the same thing over and over again gets old real fast. Getting lost and this game is a huge pace-killer, and it's not exactly hard some times.

Through thick and then, I just looked up a walkthrough to find out how to progress beyond that section. The music and visuals only did so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh my god I ****ing hate Xenoblade Chronicles 2 right now. I spent over two hours looking for a ****ing staircase. Look at the terrain circled in black. That is a big *** staircase that leads to your next destination. So luckily, it's completely inaccessible from the ground level you're currently at. What you had to do was climb the rocky terrain around the entrance and head toward this other inconspicuous smaller staircase that is hidden by a giant *** rock and looks like it's inaccessible from the map. I circled it in red so any newcomer can know where to go if they're unfortunate enough to enter this section.

Overworld exploration can get pretty ****ing tiring in Xenoblade when you have a bunch of enemies that can one-shot you, by the way.

IIRC, most of that black circle is of an obviously broken staircase that leads to a secret area going down. I don't what to say if it wasn't obvious you weren't meant to take those stairs.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Noipoi Noipoi
Idon Idon
@Smashing Ramen
@PsySmasher

And anyone else who wants to hop on and play with custom stages can feel free to do so here:

We have some of our own stages, so bring your creations or any you downloaded online!
ID: FMKTK
Password: 0000
Unfortunately, today is Sunday the day where I procrastinate until 8 PM and then try to finish all my left over assignments I've been pushing off until now.

So you all want me to talk about only things I like and stop constantly crushing on Joker?
Fair enough!
@Moydow you can ban me for a month if I crush on Joker or talk about things I do not know from now until next Sunday.

D

Deleted member

guys guys i have a wild theory

each of the letters in thanos' name references each of the stones

t- tesseract
h- hurl your daughter off a ****ing cliff
a- aether
n- necklace
o- orb
s- scepter

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My party was at around level 22 and there were a ton of enemies near the main entrance that were over level 30. You notice this when you explore everywhere else but the actual place that progressed plot, which can happen if you get lost. Other enemies around level 21 can just dogpile on Rex before they target Tora and that can kill me off easily too when I just want to run away because I fought them over 20 times. Now I like the combat in Xenoblade Chronicle 2 after learning how to chain attack, but fighting the same thing over and over again gets old real fast.

Through thick and then, I just looked up a walkthrough to find out how to progress beyond that section. The music and visuals only did so much.
Huh. We had vastly different experiences at that point then.

I was able to just kinda ignore things I didn’t wanna fight even if they aggro’d on me

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
if my stage gets selected, I''m potentially sorry.

I tried too had to make it a good reference to Steven Universe then actually play-testing it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Y’all I think Shiny has the right idea
We should all insist on repeatedly posting about how we wanna be boned by / bone our waifus and husbandos

Y’all ready for the same picture of Pyra every day? Y’all ready for “I wanna cuddle the aegis” every day? Doesn’t matter what y’all are talking about. “Woah we just found out who Brave is! It’s Quote from Cave Story!” “I am madly in love with the grouping of pixels that form the shape of a girl named Pyra and I want to cuddle” pyra.png

WAKE ME UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

CANT WAKE UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

SAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE

Why is everyone mad at me

Pyra’s sexy and rocks me to my core

Ha ha ha cuddle

Pyra.png
I'm not sure, Toaster but I think you might have a problem with Shiny's posting habi-
WAKE ME UP
If you make your text color the same as linked text then I automatically distrust you.
Shishoe, your text is the same colour as the link text in Smashboards Ruby.

D

Deleted member

IIRC, most of that black circle is of an obviously broken staircase that leads to a secret area going down. I don't what to say if it wasn't obvious you weren't meant to take those stairs.
When I didn't see anything else, it's not exactly terrible thinking to imagine there's some way to get onto the clearly visible staircase. I examined it from all angles and there was a segment of rocky terrain on the main staircase between the gap that the player could cross. Theoretically, if I made it to the base of the staircase, I could climb it. I tried everything. Scaling cliffsides, scaling coral, falling from heights, avoiding level 70 King Piranhas, swimming everywhere for an entrance, nothing. There was no good direction on where I was supposed to go in this area beyond this town and it didn't help that a boulder obscured the actual staircase I had to climb.

This was the lowpoint of my adventure and I'm just going to look up a walkthrough if it gets this bad again.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Y’all I think Shiny has the right idea
We should all insist on repeatedly posting about how we wanna be boned by / bone our waifus and husbandos

Y’all ready for the same picture of Pyra every day? Y’all ready for “I wanna cuddle the aegis” every day? Doesn’t matter what y’all are talking about. “Woah we just found out who Brave is! It’s Quote from Cave Story!” “I am madly in love with the grouping of pixels that form the shape of a girl named Pyra and I want to cuddle” pyra.png

WAKE ME UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

CANT WAKE UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

SAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE

Why is everyone mad at me

Pyra’s sexy and rocks me to my core

Ha ha ha cuddle

Pyra.png
Is this a user having a stroke or something? :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

People be talking about female artists but never mention the real OG Janet Jackson smh

D

Deleted member

guys guys i have a wild theory

each of the letters in thanos' name references each of the stones

t- tesseract
h- hurl your daughter off a ****ing cliff
a- aether
n- necklace
o- orb
s- scepter
I'm pretty sure it's

T- D
H-O
A-R
N-Y
O-A
N-H

D

Deleted member

Huh. We had vastly different experiences at that point then.

I was able to just kinda ignore things I didn’t wanna fight even if they aggro’d on me
I tried doing that, and it sometimes worked.

The issue was that it sometimes didn't and I just died before I could offscreen them. Again, two hours in the same area, it's bound to happen more than I want it to.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
When I didn't see anything else, it's not exactly terrible thinking to imagine there's some way to get onto the clearly visible staircase. I examined it from all angles and there was a place on the main staircase between the gap that the player could cross. Theoretically, if I made it to the base of the staircase, I could climb it. I tried everything. Scaling cliffsides, scaling coral, falling from heights, avoiding level 70 King Piranhas, swimming everywhere for an entrance, nothing. There was no good direction on where I was supposed to go in this area beyond this town and it didn't help that a boulder obscured the actual staircase I had to climb. This was the lowpoint of my adventure and I'm just going to look up a walkthrough if it gets this bad again.
Did you try using the quest markers? I'm pretty sure the story quest marker leads you to stairs on the side anyway.

Not to mention from the map you can see the base of the staircase goes into some kind of hole. If you were trying to get to the base of the stairs, you'd be trying to do some from an area beneath the current one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

the big "whatever it takes" scene in endgame is gonna be like 5 minutes and look like this but damn if i ain't hyped anyways

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure, Toaster but I think you might have a problem with Shiny's posting habi-
WAKE ME UP

Shishoe, your text is the same colour as the link text in Smashboards Ruby.
Really not my fault ya'll are herectics who use themes other than default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom