• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
As I said before, for all the Erdrick deniers in this thread, I have yet to see anyone make an actually convincing argument as to why he wouldn't be in.

The best we have is Shiny's essay, and we all know how that went.
I think it's completely possible for him to get in, Sakurai has proven countless times that he can pretty much snag any video game character he wants. But I'm not just gonna believe Erdrick is in because a bunch of leakers are ready to go to their graves to prove it.

As I said before, for all the Erdrick deniers in this thread, I have yet to see anyone make an actually convincing argument as to why he wouldn't be in.

He's going to be in because my friend wants them.

Infallible logic. There is no counterargument. Erdrick is confirmed.
:061:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

The reason Erdrick won't be in is because before he gets released, God will punish Japan for their heretical ways with righteous fire, cleansing that island and rendering it a desolate wasteland- an empty slate unto which new life will flourish without the shadow of gashapon staining it.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think it's completely possible for him to get in, Sakurai has proven countless times that he can pretty much snag any video game character he wants. But I'm not just gonna believe Erdrick is in because a bunch of leakers are ready to go to their graves to prove it.
Of course, nothing is confirmed. I'm confident in Erdrick's chances, but I'm not touting him as a complete guarantee.

However, all I'm saying is nobody's given anything substantial besides "eh, I just don't believe leakers", for why they think he's not in, period.

Double K

Smash Lord
Clearly, Reimu for Smash

D

Deleted member

Except for Geno even though he tried for at the very least Brawl and maybe Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

All I ask is that everyone not bully him too hard when Erdrick is revealed.

Because there will be no need to when I'm finished with him.
Oh nuh uh, y'all went on a spree on my poor Rex. In these pacts, either you go hard or you don't.

Unless you're a... chicken. :nifty:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I think the whole point behind my schtick is that I basically always go with the soul of the gambler in my heart and not with hard facts

Though if I want to be real for a moment, nobody can necessarily prove either way right now. Sure he’s “sure” to be in on virtue of the usual vagueness of people who may have been right or have insider information...
but is that it?

I’ve default danced on insiders in the past, I’ll do it again

And you can’t stop me

And for the record, if I cared about being mocked in the thread, I wouldn’t challenge people all the damn time when they’re doing stupid ****, and I sure as hell wouldn’t bet on the lower odds when everyone else in the thread gets rabid when people do that

D

Deleted member

Hhmm mm mm...
I either get slammed to the dirt, or I become a victor among the people.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What's wrong with RWBY? I've never watched it but I've seen some clips and it looks cool.
Its story sucks.
Its characters suck.
Its animation sucks.
Its art style sucks.
Its comedy sucks.

I can't believe I watched 4 seasons of that garbage waiting for it to "get good" and was met with painful mediocrity the entire time.

D

Deleted member

Erdrick won't be in because he's not on the grinch banner, duh.

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think the whole point behind my schtick is that I basically always go with the soul of the gambler in my heart and not with hard facts

Though if I want to be real for a moment, nobody can necessarily prove either way right now. Sure he’s “sure” to be in on virtue of the usual vagueness of people who may have been right or have insider information...
but is that it?

I’ve default danced on insiders in the past, I’ll do it again

And you can’t stop me

And for the record, if I cared about being mocked in the thread, I wouldn’t challenge people all the damn time when they’re doing stupid ****, and I sure as hell wouldn’t bet on the lower odds when everyone else in the thread gets rabid when people do that
I respect your level-headed analysis on the situation. It's nice to hear something from an unbiased "you can't prove it's happening, you can't prove it's not" sort of perspective.

...But also, you disagree with what I personally believe, so you're a ****ing idiot.

/s

D

Deleted member

gg PsySmasher PsySmasher . Was a fun match!

Dang though, I forgot how much latency there is online sometimes. I'm having to readjust; I'm too used to how smooth local play is, lol.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I respect your level-headed analysis on the situation. It's nice to hear something from an unbiased "you can't prove it's happening, you can't prove it's not" sort of perspective.

...But also, you disagree with what I personally believe, so you're a ****ing idiot.

/s
It’s mostly a “cause I wanna” thing.
Not entirely sure what Shiny’s motivation is but since we happen to be on the same side I’ll take it haha

Shroob

Sup?
The reason Erdrick won't be in is because before he gets released, God will punish Japan for their heretical ways with righteous fire, cleansing that island and rendering it a desolate wasteland- an empty slate unto which new life will flourish without the shadow of gashapon staining it.

If God hasn't punished this world for the **** hole it's become, he's probably ****ed off to a new universe and left us to rot.

D

Deleted member

Don't know about you all, but I'll be stylin' over Onereason for making this stupid bet.

Get ****-ed Sigma

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Hinata Hinata I cant really say whether or not I think Erdrick is in because, I truly don't know... I don't know how it's possible for anyone to definitively say whether or not they believe a character is in knowing how unpredictable Sakurai can be.

There's a million and one reasons any character in the history of gaming could get in. Yeah DQ may be a popular series, and you can provide me a list of the things Erdrick has going for him, but literally any other person supporting a character can do the same. Banjo could get in for these reasons, Geno could get in for these reasons, etc, etc. Sakurai is unpredictable, so who knows. Me personally, I just can't see how one could say whether or not they think a character is in unless evidence comes out officially disproving the character.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

I don't have an argument for why he's not in.
I do have an argument for why he might not be in.

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't have an argument for why he's not in.
I do have an argument for why he might not be in.
I'd accept that. I just wanna hear the other side's justification.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
As someone who is not committed on either side on the Erdick debate, this will be me watching the thread, regardless of the outcome:

2AB903EB-47C9-4E5E-8F0E-3AF98358BA43.gif

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
What's wrong with RWBY? I've never watched it but I've seen some clips and it looks cool.
People listen to 4chan/youtube opinion pieces too much and act like they know what they're talking about and peddle their subjective opinions as fact, without actually putting in the time to read into things for more than 3 minutes

D

Deleted member

Its story sucks.
Its characters suck.
Its animation sucks.
Its art style sucks.
Its comedy sucks.

I can't believe I watched 4 seasons of that garbage waiting for it to "get good" and was met with painful mediocrity the entire time.
brave.jpg

I have no opinion on the show, as I never watched it.

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm not invested in Erdrick, and I have no reason to think he's out...

But Hinata Hinata did you just tell us to try to prove a negative? :yoshi:
I asked people on the opposing side to provide reasons why they believe what they believe.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

I don't really deny him, but I also don't think there's honestly anything concrete enough to guarantee him yet.

I think it's pretty damn likely at this point, there's of course strong points in their favor, but I see nothing completely concrete, and I won't until we see the man/woman themselves or get more than a file codename.

D

Deleted member

Ooh another bet? What's this about?
Well @TotsBS made a huge bet about whether Heihachi or Banjo would be revealed during specific events like Evo or E3 respectively. This morning, I got back from the gym, checked Smashboards, and saw a post saying he would delete his account if Banjo didn't get in.

So I'm like, "A fellow Banjo supporter deleting his account if they're not in. That's great. I love Banjo and think he has the best chance he's ever had in decades, so I'll join him." Hence the part under my signature stating I will delete my account if Banjo (or Erdrick) do not make it in. Plus this is the natural sequel to Smashboards Crusaders so might as well get Jiggy is Unbreakable in its conceptual phase. Wanna join in?

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'd accept that. I just wanna hear the other side's justification.
I've talked about this a lot over the months, but this statement I made last week pretty much summarizes my thoughts:

Alright. Let me give you my general perspective on Erdrick.

Let me just start by saying that I'm not trying to say Erdrick is definitely not in b/c there's absolutely no evidence that can flat out deconfirm him...

But at the end of the day, how confident you are in Erdrick comes down to 2 factors:

1. How confident you are that "Brave" is Erdrick.
2. How much you trust leakers in the current phase of speculation, which in this case is DLC.

The 1st one is the one I take considerably more seriously, b/c Brave does have a significant connection to DQ/Erdrick.
Does it outright confirm that it is Erdrick? No.
Is he the only character that "Brave" can refer to? Absolutely not.
But it's a somewhat reasonable jump that I can see people making.
The stats can change, so I don't take any of that into account.

Now when it comes to leakers... I'm not super confident in anyone right now.
And that's b/c of 3 major reasons:

1. Not a single major leaker knew about Joker. The fact that someone like Vergeben, who has successfully leaked every major base roster newcomer minus :ultkrool: (and :ultpiranha:, but he's technically DLC), did not know about Joker is a little weird.

2. I treat base and DLC speculation completely separate from each other, especially since there's a possibility that base and DLC characters were not chosen at the same time.
3. As of right now, the major leakers are 0/1 in terms of DLC (0/2 if you count :ultpiranha: except for that one guy who leaked it right before). So I have very little confidence in leakers as a whole. When they get a DLC character right, I'll reevaluate this point.

So in short, I think Erdrick has a reasonable chance of getting in. Not a guarantee, but not impossible.

But if you're someone that Erdrick is 100% or 0% guaranteed to get in, then I'm sorry, I think that's a really ****ing stupid conclusion to come to w/ the overall evidence we have now (This is directed to everyone in general, not one specific person).
So yeah, pretty much this. I still think Erdrick has a reasonably good chance of getting in, but he definitely ain't a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom