• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I predict a Direct between April 11 and December 31.

I know I take huge risks with this bet but Im slightly confident.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And then the joke's on you when Bowser proclaims that they're ending Directs altogether.
they’ll say “this will be the final direct” and then people will still expect one in the future

what
No I’m not jaded at 4 am about people expecting a smash direct

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Amalthus AKA local man who ruin everything.

Feat. Malos the Tank Engine.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hot Take: I think Mario Kart is dead.

I think the next "Mario Kart" will be a Super Smash Bros. Inspired crossover Kart Racer. It may still keep the Mario branding, maybe Mario Kart: Nintendo Allstars or something. But I don't think we'll get a straight Mario Kart 9.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I think the next "Mario Kart" will be a Super Smash Bros. Inspired crossover Kart Racer. It may still keep the Mario branding, maybe Mario Kart: Nintendo Allstars or something. But I don't think we'll get a straight Mario Kart 9.
You're already wrong unless Mario Kart Tour gets rebranded.

Yes, mobile counts.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just don’t talk about the dlc please for the love of god
In the DLC Mythra's model has extra hair strands and her panties have more details in the form of two golden/black lines on the sides of the butt.

Bam, spoiled :V

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
We'd need a brave soul to man a Twitter account then.

Like this poor sap.

https://twitter.com/heavyupdateout?lang=en
I’d wager that’s a bot most of the time but also yes I would love to make a “Is the next Smash Direct announced yet” account tbh

Inspired by smash world forums
The second best swf, behind flash games

Shroob

Sup?
I’d wager that’s a bot most of the time but also yes I would love to make a “Is the next Smash Direct announced yet” account tbh

Inspired by smash world forums
The second best swf, behind flash games
Surprisingly, it's not a bot.

He posted on the TF2 subreddit for an AMA.

He logs on every day, just to say "No".

What a sad existence.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Surprisingly, it's not a bot.

He posted on the TF2 subreddit for an AMA.

He logs on every day, just to say "No".

What a sad existence.
Did he sy he's not a bot?

Because that's something a bot would say.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
In the DLC Mythra's model has extra hair strands and her panties have more details in the form of two golden/black lines on the sides of the butt.

I would certainly be quite spoiled if that were the case...
finger_guns.gif
I can't believe Mythra was the one piece all along.
I was gonna make a swimsuit joke but the game beat me to the punch

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I said Mario Kart 9 specifically bruv. And Tour ain't no Mario Kart 9.
You said the next Mario Kart, which is currently, Mario Kart Tour. Only at the end of your post do you bring up Mario Kart 9 to conclude your statement on, "Mario Kart is dead". The next Mario Kart doesn't not have to be 9 for you to be wrong, it just has to be Tour. Even after Tour, there's no guarantee that another Mario Kart gets called 9, it could be called just about anything else.

Shroob

Sup?

Someone's sticking the camera against a wall and using it in ways not intended.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if someone already posted this but there is a French Leak going around in the French Smash Community on Facebook

https://pastebin.com/mnHJydid?fbclid=IwAR1HPkUNsLmZ38vWqXUnlw1ykAdz9LHWMPDl4FVkoYuf-V8lIb3ix9TeeNo

It's supposed to be the subtitles of an upcoming smash direct, if french speaking member can tell me what they think about it.
It covers :

- Joker moveset
- Joker boss and world of light portion
- Minecraft stage and minecraft boss (paid DLC)
- Boss Rush
- HomeRun Smash
- Stage Builder
- Chronos as the 2nd DLC Fighter Pass

It looks too good to be true IMO
But the way the subtitle are written really feel like the way they usually talk
Anyway it's an entertaining leak to say the least

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't know if someone already posted this but there is a French Leak going around in the French Smash Community on Facebook

https://pastebin.com/mnHJydid?fbclid=IwAR1HPkUNsLmZ38vWqXUnlw1ykAdz9LHWMPDl4FVkoYuf-V8lIb3ix9TeeNo

It's supposed to be the subtitles of an upcoming smash direct, if french speaking member can tell me what they think about it.
It covers :

- Joker moveset
- Boss Rush
- HomeRun Smash
- Stage Builder

We came
We saw
We debunked
We went home

Shroob

Sup?

It covers :

- Joker moveset
- Boss Rush
- HomeRun Smash
- Stage Builder

Old news by this point.

Surprisingly, it has the exact same idea as to why I think HRC is missing from the Games&More menu, that being it's now in the Spirits section.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Someone's sticking the camera against a wall and using it in ways not intended.
Meanwhile 2B literally slaps the camera away if you pull that ****.

God bless Yoko Taro.

Can't post gif for fear of mod crucifixion.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I do have to throw HEAVY shade at any leaks that give 'extra' stages.

While we have yet to see how Stage Builder stages will be handled on the Stage Select Screen, I highly, HIGHLY believe that there'll be a button on the bottom right corner that takes you to a separate tab with your stages.

We do have 6 empty stage spots, and with Stage Builder back, I think they'll just make the phantom 6th spot the "Stage Builder Stage" button.

Could be wrong but, we'll see soon enough.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Untitled.png

Pretty much how I expect the finalized SSS to look,

Mementos is a lock and I 100% expect the final spot to take you to a separate "Custom Stage" menu.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
View attachment 207080

Pretty much how I expect the finalized CSS to look,

Mementos is a lock and I 100% expect the final spot to take you to a separate "Custom Stage" menu.
You expect the stage select screen to also change from debut order to series order?

Also, you wrote CSS which is character select screen by mistake.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
View attachment 207080

Pretty much how I expect the finalized CSS to look,

bUT wuT aBooT FeETEr PeZ 2?!?!?!?!1?!

Seriously though, this would pretty much debunk a second Fighter Pass, or any characters past the five in the current Fighters Pass for that matter.

More than from a "I want more characters" perspective, that makes little from a business perspective. Especially with how much Nintendo has hyped this game up to their investors.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
If that's what we're gonna end up getting, I might just update my banner so it's focused solely on four characters, unless Stage Builder Stages has its own unique widget or something. Doubt it, but hey, you can never be too sure. So far, it's been a mix between excitement and disappointment since the Inklings were first teased. May as well set my expectations as low as I can.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
bUT wuT aBooT FeETEr PeZ 2?!?!?!?!1?!

Seriously though, this would pretty much debunk a second Fighter Pass, or any characters past the five in the current Fighters Pass for that matter.

More than from a "I want more characters" perspective, that makes little from a business perspective. Especially with how much Nintendo has hyped this game up to their investors.
I mean, once we get the 3.0 update and can confirm if the SSS does indeed have the "Custom Stage" button we'll know for sure.

If it does, well I'm not holding my breath.

I always did find it weird how there were 6 empty spots but only 5 fighter passes.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Why wouldn't the custom stages be a tab up beside "Normal"?
Because then you're left with one square unfilled unless there's going to be more stage DLC beyond the figther's pass.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

At the very least, Mario Kart 9 (I mean a console entry, not Tour) won't be coming out for a long time. MK8D is the Switch's Mario Kart: while tradition can be broken, Mario Kart is a one-per console series. Hardcore fans might buy a MK9 on the Switch, but will the larger casual audience be interested, when they'd likely see it as 'but I already have Mario Kart for the Switch?' And that audience clearly matters, given how well MK8D sold

Besides, I'm not sure what a MK9 on the Switch could do to make it worth buying. It wouldn't look much better than 8 already does, it'd likely be a much smaller game than MK8D to start out with (32 tracks won't be looking so good when we got 48 tracks in Deluxe) and it'd need to have a significantly interesting gimmick to differentiate itself enough from 8.

RE: Mario Kart becoming more of a Nintendo Kart, that could happen, but I'm not sure how happy I'd be with that: I could see side characters in Mario that you don't otherwise get much of a chance to play as outside of Mario Kart being shafted for major Nintendo characters who while, more 'hype' we can already play as in their own series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom