• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I would expect seeing more people be a bit nostalgic for stuff like Doom.
Lol, nope.
The Doom fandom ruined my view on the series so much that I feel nothing good for it.

With Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil I can actually feel kind of nostalgic doh.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
we're in the endgame now

DrWx6hlWkAEJ5fR.jpg

godspeed, you just-good-enough-to-pique-my-interest-leak

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Steve Minecraft wielding a blocky gun and Banjo holding Kazooie firing eggs meet on the battlefield
Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, Crackdown Agent, Nathan Zachary, Steve, Banjo & Kazooie, Joanna Dark, Conker, Alan Wake, James Joyce, Sunset Overdrive player character, a Forza pit crew worker in a racing suit firing lug nuts, Cuphead and, if they play their cards right, Commander Shepard or one of the Left 4 Dead survivors for old times' sake.

You've got yourself a hero shooter right there.

Roberk

Smash Champion
As much as I've been known to support Steve around these parts, I'm also super into the idea of Master Chief.
Yeah, Chief really is the definitive Microsoft rep imo. Everything else people want for a Microsoft rep like Banjo and Minecraft were just things that Microsoft bought when they were past their prime, Halo is something that Microsoft used to innovate a major genre and basically be the foundation of the Xbox line of consoles.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Mortal Kombat was on the Wii and DS. It's not necessarily a situation where they're long lost partners coming back after a long hiatus. Nintendo consoles were just underpowered for MK9 and then MKX.

I wouldn't say it's likely by any means considering that MK isn't popular in Japan and properly representing a game that focuses so hard on gore would be difficult. But it's definitely plausible in a reality where Bayonetta and Solid Snake are already in the game.
In general, I don't have a whole lot of experience with the MK games so I was unsure of the whole story behind the two company's relationship. I always figured it was more or less Netherrealm choosing not to develop their games for Nintendo platforms because it just wasn't the right demographic back then. As more of an onlooker, it seemed like a pretty big deal to me when they announced you could play a new MK game on a Nintendo console, so I just assumed it was. Granted, it makes sense that the hardware wasn't even capable of running the previous games but now the Switch can.

And yea, like I said, I still wouldn't say it's likely or anything. I know MK isn't as big in Japan, but a MK could appeal to Western audiences and fighting game fans too. MK is one of the biggest fighting games not represented yet at least in some capacity. Initially, I would've said Tekken was likely to get a rep too, but we've known for awhile that that is almost certainly not happening.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, Crackdown Agent, Nathan Zachary, Steve, Banjo & Kazooie, Joanna Dark, Conker, Alan Wake, James Joyce, Sunset Overdrive player character, a Forza pit crew worker in a racing suit firing lug nuts, Cuphead and, if they play their cards right, Commander Shepard or one of the Left 4 Dead survivors for old times' sake.

You've got yourself a hero shooter right there.
Conker has a crossbow

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Lol, nope.
The Doom fandom ruined my view on the series so much that I feel nothing good for it.

DID SOMEONE SAY RESIDENT EVIL

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
At least they got the accent right this time...?
honestly it's a pretty good mix of both the chibi (with a flipped pose) and the actual slightly-off HD model they use for cutscenes, right down to the chibi eye artstyle

1553704068070.png
1553704243582.png
1553704141242.png

i live in hope

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sakurai actually represents anime in Smash, but his Kirby bias makes him believe that Kirby is the only anime rep Smash needs, with Goku feeling inferior to Kirby in his eyes.

D

Deleted member

Lol, nope.

Letting myself having my view ruined by a fanbase would have made me left the Smash series a long time ago.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Who does this ***** think she is, constantly appearing in nothing but fake Smash leaks
after cloud, bravely sits comfortably in the realm of plausible but not quite believable smash IPs

and that's probably where it'll stay until the time for the next SE rep in smash 6 comes knocking

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Sakurai actually represents anime in Smash, but his Kirby bias makes him believe that Kirby is the only anime rep Smash needs, with Goku feeling inferior to Kirby in his eyes.
Then he adds an actual Kirby character, but it's Computer Virus from Kirby Superstar (basically a window of Windows 3.1 hovering through the stage).
The trailer shows that for down smash, a massive dragon appears and stomps on the ground dealing huge damage.
He says that it's not from the Kirby anime, but Kirby is still anime so it counts as anime.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
In general, I don't have a whole lot of experience with the MK games so I was unsure of the whole story behind the two company's relationship. I always figured it was more or less Netherrealm choosing not to develop their games for Nintendo platforms because it just wasn't the right demographic back then. As more of an onlooker, it seemed like a pretty big deal to me when they announced you could play a new MK game on a Nintendo console, so I just assumed it was. Granted, it makes sense that the hardware wasn't even capable of running the previous games but now the Switch can.

And yea, like I said, I still wouldn't say it's likely or anything. I know MK isn't as big in Japan, but a MK could appeal to Western audiences and fighting game fans too. MK is one of the biggest fighting games not represented yet at least in some capacity. Initially, I would've said Tekken was likely to get a rep too, but we've known for awhile that that is almost certainly not happening.
Well it's still a stretch to put it on the Switch, which is underpowered like the Wii U was but much easier to program for. WB definitely put in the effort to put MK on the Switch because of how much the Switch is selling, much like how they forced Armageddon onto the Wii despite being inferior hardware because they wanted the sales. So it's not insignificant at all.

But yeah. Deadly Alliance and Deception were both released on Gamecube, Trilogy was released on N64, 1-3 were on Super Nintendo. So the only games to skip Nintendo consoles were MK9, MKX, MKvDC and MK4. And no one wants MK4 anyway. :rolleyes:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
That middle pic makes it look like she has an eyepatch.
i'm actually surprised they remembered to include that one tiny hair that splits off from the big one and covers her eye if it's fake

it's a very weird attention to detail and honestly a pretty good model

D

Deleted member

DID SOMEONE SAY RESIDENT EVIL
I did, yeah.
Cool series with a good track of games and characters. I haven’t played the games but at the same time plan to pick RE Remake when I am able to.
Overall, RE is great, as I said in my past post.

43A74DF7-81D1-467D-8B1C-FDE28AAA0939.png

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Yeah it being Agnes alone is enough for me to discount it at this point. There’s clearly some crazy dedicated mega-fan out there who keeps faking her over and over again. Maybe next time they should pick a better character to obsess over. Perhaps one from a company that doesn’t have at least 10 other megahit franchises that’ll get represented before a character from a D-list franchise does.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Letting myself having my view ruined by a fanbase would have made me left the Smash series a long time ago.
Problem is, the part of the Doom fanbase I met literally mocked and forced me to play Brutal Doom, 2016 and Doom 2 in ways that just weren’t right. They also treated me like a waste for not beating them on the hardest difficulty.

In the end, they made me find the games repetitive and ok at best.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah it being Agnes alone is enough for me to discount it at this point. There’s clearly some crazy dedicated mega-fan out there who keeps faking her over and over again. Maybe next time they should pick a better character to obsess over. Perhaps one from a company that doesn’t have at least 10 other megahit franchises that’ll get represented before a character from a D-Tier franchise does.
Wow, harsh.

Gentlepanda Gentlepanda you okay? Need a hug?

osby

Smash Obsessed
*laughs in Pokemon*

D

Deleted member

Yeah it being Agnes alone is enough for me to discount it at this point. There’s clearly some crazy dedicated mega-fan out there who keeps faking her over and over again. Maybe next time they should pick a better character to obsess over.

You're right. They should obsess over Edea in Smash

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom