• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The Final Death-Match is the Ultra Instinct theme, though; that's why I posted that song in particular.
Yeah I know. I just wanted an excuse to post my favorite song.

My DB fan friends always go straight to Ultimate Battle like it's the only song in Super and I'm like, "BUT GUYS, ALL OUT BATTLE."

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So apparently, I'm actually pretty decent w/ Isabelle. Despite playing more people around the 3.3-3.7 million GSP, her GSP is still sitting around 3.44 million.

I'm not sure what to think of this.

Iridium

Smash Hero
So apparently, I'm actually pretty decent w/ Isabelle. Despite playing more people around the 3.3-3.7 million GSP, her GSP is still sitting around 3.44 million.

Do you want to give TL another try?

D

Deleted member

Why I say old chap that is spiffing barney bodge Harry Elizabeth cor blimey guvnor lost the plot chancer lavatory mufty jolly good loo Oxford bite your arm off naff ruddy nice one a load of old tosh posh bog-standard boot my lady spiffing good time James Bond blimey knackered get stuffed mate cras David on your bike mate bog vagabond butty gormless fantastic baking cakes happy days don't get shirty with me the BBC owt to do with me quaint morish pardon you smashing it's your round blow off what a plonker Richard it's all gone to pot I don't want no agro pear shaped crikey bobby
Can someone translate this for me please?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Actually, KMDP KMDP speaking of Dragonball soundtracks, here's a fun little anecdote if you or anyone else plays the DBS card game.

My brother and I play fairly often, and one time his Goku deck was facing my GT deck, and he pulled out his best card-- an Ultra Instinct Goku-- that essentially destroyed me in one turn. I hate that card. When he played it he was so happy he got to that he started singing, "DA-NAHHHH NUHNUHNUHNUHNUH," etc.

So we played again, best two out of three, and for the first time ever I actually got to play my ultimate SS4 Goku. So when I played it, I tried to mimic his bad*** moment with my own but had to sing this song instead:

It's a notably less threatening way to play your ultimate card and win the game.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
And I just spiked a :ultroy: w/ :ultisabelle:. Granted I still lost, but what the **** is going on? Am I actually considering picking up Isabelle?

Do you want to give TL another try?
*sigh* I'll try him again later today. I doubt I'm gonna make up half a million GSP in one night, but we'll see.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah I know. I just wanted an excuse to post my favorite song.

My DB fan friends always go straight to Ultimate Battle like it's the only song in Super and I'm like, "BUT GUYS, ALL OUT BATTLE."
There's also "Heroic Battle", "Fearsome Foe", "The Power to Resist", "A Secret Plan with One's Life on the Line" and "Unwinnable Battle"
Actually, KMDP speaking of Dragonball soundtracks, here's a fun little anecdote if you or anyone else plays the DBS card game.

My brother and I play fairly often, and one time his Goku deck was facing my GT deck, and he pulled out his best card-- an Ultra Instinct Goku-- that essentially destroyed me in one turn. I hate that card. When he played it he was so happy he got to that he started singing, "DA-NAHHHH NUHNUHNUHNUHNUH," etc.

So we played again, best two out of three, and for the first time ever I actually got to play my ultimate SS4 Goku. So when I played it, I tried to mimic his bad*** moment with my own but had to sing this song instead:

It's a notably less threatening way to play your ultimate card and win the game.
I've never heard of the DBS card game.

Outside of the original DBZ TCG (with the terrible GBA game) and Heroes I've not really been aware of any of the card games.

SS4 using a slow-paced orchestral version of Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku instead of a bombastic Image Song like Ultra Instinct's Ultimate Battle shows the difference in tone they were going for (though both are equally valid approaches to a turnaround in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds).

Iridium

Smash Hero
Can someone translate this for me please?
All covered.

왜 내가 말을 하는 오래 된 녀석은 바 니 bodge 해리 엘리자베스 코어 블 리 메 guvnor 음모를 잃 었 어 요 mufty 졸리 좋은 루 옥스포드는 나의 한 하 중에 당신의 팔을 물린 돌 프 붉게 좋은 하나의 부하 오래 된 토시 포시 bog 표준 부팅 내 레이디 스 페 핑 좋은 시간 제임스 본드 블 리 메 knacker 에 드 가져 오기 당신의 자전거 메이 트 cras 다윗에 게 당신의 바이크 친구에 대 한 복 숭이의 배가 방 랑이 불 없는 환상적인 베이킹 케이크 행복 한 날 나에 게 BBC owt 저와 함께 할 수 있는 것은 당신의 둥근 타격을 스매싱 그것은 어떤 plonker 리처드 그것의 모든 냄비에 갔다 나는 wa nt 노 농업 배 모양의 크리스 키 바비

And I just spiked a :ultroy: w/ :ultisabelle:. Granted I still lost, but what the **** is going on? Am I actually considering picking up Isabelle?

*sigh* I'll try him again later today. I doubt I'm gonna make up half a million GSP in one night, but we'll see.
Isabelle? I don't want to hunt you too...

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

My Mewtwo is sitting at 3.4 million and I don't even remember playing him online.

But Sakurai knows my characters better than I do.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
All covered.

왜 내가 말을 하는 오래 된 녀석은 바 니 bodge 해리 엘리자베스 코어 블 리 메 guvnor 음모를 잃 었 어 요 mufty 졸리 좋은 루 옥스포드는 나의 한 하 중에 당신의 팔을 물린 돌 프 붉게 좋은 하나의 부하 오래 된 토시 포시 bog 표준 부팅 내 레이디 스 페 핑 좋은 시간 제임스 본드 블 리 메 knacker 에 드 가져 오기 당신의 자전거 메이 트 cras 다윗에 게 당신의 바이크 친구에 대 한 복 숭이의 배가 방 랑이 불 없는 환상적인 베이킹 케이크 행복 한 날 나에 게 BBC owt 저와 함께 할 수 있는 것은 당신의 둥근 타격을 스매싱 그것은 어떤 plonker 리처드 그것의 모든 냄비에 갔다 나는 wa nt 노 농업 배 모양의 크리스 키 바비

Isabelle? I don't want to hunt you too...
You FOOL! You’ll summon the Korean spambots! We’re doomed now!!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hello? Do I live in korea now?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
2) Sorry, I don't know how to speak British so I can match this avi
Well there's your first problem. The female protag is clearly Scottish.

'n' if ye dinnae know how tae switch tae a scots accent oan th' fly, a dinnae know whit tae tell ye.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There's also "Heroic Battle", "Fearsome Foe", "The Power to Resist", "A Secret Plan with One's Life on the Line" and "Unwinnable Battle"

I've never heard of the DBS card game.

Outside of the original DBZ TCG (with the terrible GBA game) and Heroes I've not really been aware of any of the card games.

SS4 using a slow-paced orchestral version of Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku instead of a bombastic Image Song like Ultra Instinct's Ultimate Battle shows the difference in tone they were going for (though both are equally valid approaches to a turnaround in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds).
The card game is actually really really good, not gonna lie. The original DBZ card game that came to the states and the following GT game were terrible TCGs. But the new DBS game is a legitimately well structured and (mostly) balanced card game. We play it at our local card shop every Wednesday and the turnout keeps growing.

What's nice is each new pack they release is centered around a theme connecting them, and they draw from DB/Z/GT/S equally even though it's called "Super". Like one pack was called "Miraculous Revival," and it had cards centered around Revival of F, Fusion Reborn and the Super 17 arc in GT. All of the art is made new for the cards so it's not just regurgitated stills from the anime, something the old card games were guilty of. They're just cool to look at, and you can make a Yamcha/Roshi deck that's every bit as good as a Beerus/Whis deck.

And yeah, I love the Japanese GT soundtrack but for completely separate reasons than Super's. You hit the nail on the head. SS4's theme (and the final spirit bomb theme) were calming in the middle of a storm, because they were showing a wiser and nobler Goku take control of what would otherwise be chaos. Super creates chaos and lets the characters thrive in it; Super's Goku is more interested in the fight itself than the consquences of it. They're two totally different approaches to what "saving the world" entails and the music embodies it.

D

Deleted member

Avatars really do give every post you make a certain connotation, don't they? Reminds me of the time I had an avatar of Android 18 shrugging, and I felt like it made all my posts sound sarcastic.
Yes, and when I hade the cursed Iron Giant avatar, my satirical posts received heaps of likes. Magic avatar powers.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
To quote Superman from a very wonderful comic that featured him helping a suicidal woman,
"If you honestly believe, in your heart of hearts, that you never, ever have another happy day, then step into the air, I'll keep my promise, I won't stop you. But if you think there's a chance, no matter how small, that there might be just one more happy day out there, then take my hand."
https://imgur.com/gallery/Ijdxh
That ****ing comic made me ****ing cry. I've read it more than any other Superman comic I own.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Consider this a suicide note.

I'm not sure when of how I'll do it, but it will probably be within the week. I think it's almost time.

I'm a complete and utter failure. My jobs are going to ****. Mcdonalds has cut my hours to the point where I only work once a day there. And my teaching job? I'm worthless. I get frustrated and I'm not helping my kids. I've somehow offended every person I've worked with without trying and my classroom is better when I'm gone. For the better. I just got chewed out today and I don't think they should even have kept me on. I'm worthless. I thought I was getting better but I couldn't be more wrong. No one else will hire me either. I'm not useful to anyone.

I have no girlfriend. People think I'm a creep before they get to know me. And no, I'm not doing stupid pick up lines or listing over them. Even when I'm just trying to make friends with girls they refuse to talk to me. I'm shown that.I can't even make friends anymore. Whenever I try to befriend people I just end up hurting myself. Case in point, I invited everyone at my work to a party. No one showed up. Even people who said they'd come. Any friends I have are people who straight up don't know me cause they're online friends or they're friends from high school. Even then no one even cares enough to contact me first. No one just checks up on how I'm doing. If I didn't purposely force myself into people's lives no one would care.

Even on Smashboards I'm a joke. I'm just some over emotional ******* who can't make meaningful conversation to save my life. I'm just a social thread user fishing for likes. The mods have even told me this to my face. No one believes I can do anything worthwhile. Now that I've said I want to kill myself people will pretend to care, but be real... You shouldn't. I'm not worth it.

I've tried to stay positive. I've tried to trick myself that I just need to work harder or that it's just a hard time. But to be honest I haven't been truly happy since high school. You guys were right. Life is awful and it doesn't get better.

My only regret is that my parents will feel sad when I go and that if I leave I leave them without my pitiful income (barely a thousand a month) and help around the house. And that I've failed God. I'm just a lazy wuss and a coward.

I'm sorry everyone. I know I'm gonna ruin the mood for everyone but I'm too embarrassed to put this anywhere else. For the few who know some of my real life stuff like my Facebook. Please don't put anything there or contact anyone I know. I don't want to be more embarrassed then I already am. I don't want anyone I know in real life to know. I don't want them to pity me. I couldn't take it.

I'm sorry.
Swamp sometimes is difficult and probably you are in a sink hole that you can´t see the light or keep drowning, if this makes you feel better I think you should keep writing, the description and how you put your sentiments and feelings with such passion, make me inside to feel in some way what you are experiencing, I think writing is such a great skill and it seems you really are good at it, I want you to keep writing I want to know more about you, hope this helps, it will be sad if such writer as yourself don't keep writing such strong emotions.

.n_n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom