• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Pipe dream wise give me Master Chief or Scorpion, Sub-Zero, or even Scorp/Sub/Reptile in one character.(The three that were actually unique in the classic games.) If we're talking realism than Bandana Dee.

OverWatch just reeks of advertisement on top of how overrated of a franchise it is.
Does anyone even talk about overwatch anymore. I don't see it talked about like it was back in the day.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I want Steve and Dee but not NEARLY as much as Elma

Like every other popular/likely pick is a "cool" while those two are a resounding "hell yea"

If Elma somehow manages to weasel her way in I will literally ****ing cry tears of joy

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's the source for you so you understand, I apologize I should of attached it with my op. He says in the video the game is balanced and tier lists are dumb, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

But they do reflect his actual thoughts, which is my point. In that sense, it isn't a "joke." A game being relatively balanced doesn't mean it's perfect. Leffen's been on record saying some characters are strictly better. I believe he used Toon Link as an example. There's nothing wrong with Toon Link, but everything he does is done better by Young Link, in his opinion. Toon Link, then, isn't unbalanced trash, but Leffen feels he's much worse than Young Link.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly I want Steve and Dee but not NEARLY as much as Elma

Like every other popular/likely pick is a "cool" while those two are a resounding "hell yea"

If Elma somehow manages to weasel her way in I will literally ****ing cry tears of joy
Elma Gang's refusal to give up is an inspiration.

Like Delzethin and Lycanroc.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
We talking about which characters we'd want to see?

My most wanted at this point is probably Frisk.

Steve and Geno would be super hype, too.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
now let's talk about who we want for smash

personally im partial to fortnite guy
Let's see...

• I'm a proud member of Elma Gang
  • I'm one of the Steve Stans
  • I'm part of the Rhythm Troupe
  • Bandana Dee would be neato
  • And Min Min for the Win Win
  • Oh, and AMINGO, BABY!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Isn't Delzethin like pretty annoying with him trashing Incin all the time though?

I hope nobody in Elma gang unnecessarily trashes other characters to try and boost Elma up because TBH that's always a scummy thing to do

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I know Fortnite content getting in Smash in any capacity is either frowned upon or considered to be a hilarious meme because of how ridiculously stupid it would be, but I have to admit, I don't entirely hate the idea.

I mean, obviously there's dozens upon dozens of other characters I'd want first, but in a vein similar to Minecraft, Fortnite has sort of established a name for itself in gaming. Regardless of where you stand, you have to respect that. At the very least, I don't think anyone should argue that a Fortnite character doesn't deserve to get in Smash, especially since lesser known, less popular third-parties got in.

Noipoi

Howdy!
We talking about which characters we'd want to see?

My most wanted at this point is probably Frisk.

Steve and Geno would be super hype, too.
UNDERTALE GANG

Isn't Delzethin like pretty annoying with him trashing Incin all the time though?

I hope nobody in Elma gang unnecessarily trashes other characters to try and boost Elma up because TBH that's always a scummy thing to do
Yeah, that parts sucky. I mostly mean sticking to a character even when it looks like it's not happening.

Seriously though, Del needs to shut up about Inci.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

LoL ReX gOt dEcOnFiRmEd, hE's a MiI cOsTuMe! It'S ElMa tImE, nOw, BoIs! /s

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My main hopes for characters are Crono, Protevtor and Saber.
You know I really like Crono when he's not blonde but still my #1.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
:ultpeach::ultpiranha:Goodnight everyone:ultpiranha::ultpeach:
I'm gonna be honest and say I'm super jealous. I post some of my creations and it really doesn't get much love... Honestly it feels like a heavy blow to a creative person like myself. *sulks in corner*
Maybe it's just me being sad as of late.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Understandable

Though there really wasn't TOO much "lol Rex would be a trash inclusion he sucks lmao" iirc, only from like one or two people and it died down super quick. Mostly it was people being like "oh I guess Rex got deconfirmed but that means Elma's more likely because of it"

D

Deleted member

My main hopes for characters are Crono, Protevtor and Saber.
You know I really like Crono when he's not blonde but still my #1.
Oh, I see.
Hopefully you are not Chrono Triggered if Crono is not a character. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Friendship with Jonesy Fortnite is OVER. Now Bloodhound is my MOST WANTED Battle Royale character for Smash

D

Deleted member

I mean, unfortunately that's going to happen regardless of anyone. Just how the waves wash up. Gangs start attacking other gangs, it becomes a bit of a bloodbath, then you don't know why you even joined which gang in the first place.

Oh, we're talking Smash.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Tell me you don't want to do this in Smash. Don't you dare.

One of the most satisfying moves to look at and perform. Put the ninja in, Sakuraiさん.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Definitely not expecting any gen 7 pokemon for Smash DLC, seems like the time has passed for that.

Friendship with Jonesy Fortnite is OVER. Now Bloodhound is my MOST WANTED Battle Royale character for Smash
Stop stealing my main you gay. First Ridley and several other characters, now this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Say what you want about Lycanroc supporters, but at least we're determined to support it till the very end. I kinda wish other support groups had the same mentality. It's kind of sad to see how quickly Decidueye lost it's following once it was hinted that it wouldn't get in Smash.

In all seriousness, I feel bad for Rex. He definitely had the support overseas in Japan, but everyone here in NA can't get past his design and voice acting. The poor boy can't help that. :(

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
But they do reflect his actual thoughts, which is my point. In that sense, it isn't a "joke." A game being relatively balanced doesn't mean it's perfect. Leffen's been on record saying some characters are strictly better. I believe he used Toon Link as an example. There's nothing wrong with Toon Link, but everything he does is done better by Young Link, in his opinion. Toon Link, then, isn't unbalanced trash, but Leffen feels he's much worse than Young Link.
Well of course some characters are better than others in certain aspects of the game. This is how it was meant to be and will always be, I think everybody agrees that Little Mac is garbage currently. Individuals new to the game or casuals will look at that tier list and take it to heart strictly because Leffen said they were trash and never win a major tournament ever, says the player who lost one time with pokemon trainer and dropped it because he feels like Charizard is unplayable. It may not have been a joke through his eyes but when you don't even rank 35+ characters and the rest that aren't S tier he say, I quote, "I think Snake is honestly overrated and is ranked way too high." Count how many times he says a certain character he feels like is overrated. The video comes off as a joke, whether or not that was intentional, beyond me but that's how I see it.

D

Deleted member

Definitely not expecting any gen 7 pokemon for Smash DLC, seems like the time has passed for that.

Stop stealing my main you gay. First Ridley and several other characters, now this.
Bloodhound destroys my anxiety of "what if there's someone nearby" I'm never letting them go.

D

Deleted member

Maybe we can discuss who we all think who the final 4 DLC fighters will be and why?

I'm still pretty certain on Steve being in but otherwise while Erdrick still has a shot I feel his chances had dropped since the Direct.
I'm certainly not gonna be correct on this but here's my predictions anyways

Erdrick: For right now Erdrick seems to be the most likely Square rep cause of a multitude of things. Every leaker as far as I know are in unison about Erdrick being in (Yes I'm doubting Verge but I'm only taking his word with a few grains of salt, not fully disbelieving him), DQ's Legacy, DQ's Very healthy relationship with Nintendo and Square likely wanting to push DQ to the West are just a sample of things Erdrick has going for him. I think Erdrick is in or at least I think he is as of right now.

Geno: I know and recognize that this is the Stupidest thing in the world to predict, but I think there might be two SE reps as Square loves money and if they put two Reps in as DLC that would enhance the profits made from Smash at the very least. Erdrick could be for y'know his Legacy and shilling and Geno could be for the fans who want him. SMRPG References have been everywhere in the past few years, The Mallow V Geno tweet, the Happy 22nd anniversary tweet, The Trivia question, Megasmilax, PP's Classic mode image, even a reference in Crafted World it's Strange I mean we could pass it off as fan service and apologizing for not getting Geno in smash but that only works if the References in question were only in Smash, not Crafted world. It sounds conspiratorial I know but I have this gut feeling we're getting both or, at the very least Geno will get in as a bonus character.

Banjo: Say what you want about how unlikely Banjo is and how likely Steve is in comparison but I disagree, Banjo is being low-key leaked by some people so while they may not be true the more leakers the higher the chance of happening as the more leakers saying Banjo is in the more likely that at least one of them are right. I can't really explain why I feel like Banjo is in cause if I say that Xbox live could be a plus for Banjo the same could be said for Steve, I just think Banjo is in.

Sans: I feel like there's a good chance of an Indie rep happening cause in this day and age Indies are huge, they make up a good chunk of games that come out so I feel like there might be an Indie rep because of it. Shovel Knight is gone, if Spirits are to Deconfirm Shantae would be gone and I don't think Steve is actually happening so who better to represent Indie games that the Skeleton boy himself, Sans. Sans is popular and recognizable all around the world so being unrecognizable to the Mainstream isn't a problem, Sans would be unique (not necessarily a point for Sans but it's nice), Sans already has his game and his Spinoff game on the Switch, Sans would just fit and I think he would get in.

D

Deleted member

Bloodhound destroys my anxiety of "what if there's someone nearby" I'm never letting them go.
Well same. Plus they're gender ambiguous. Doesn't mean that you've been stealing my tastes for several years now. I bet if you actually started playing MK for some reason you'd main Reptile.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm certainly not gonna be correct on this but here's my predictions anyways

Erdrick: For right now Erdrick seems to be the most likely Square rep cause of a multitude of things. Every leaker as far as I know are in unison about Erdrick being in (Yes I'm doubting Verge but I'm only taking his word with a few grains of salt, not fully disbelieving him), DQ's Legacy, DQ's Very healthy relationship with Nintendo and Square likely wanting to push DQ to the West are just a sample of things Erdrick has going for him. I think Erdrick is in or at least I think he is as of right now.

Geno: I know and recognize that this is the Stupidest thing in the world to predict, but I think there might be two SE reps as Square loves money and if they put two Reps in as DLC that would enhance the profits made from Smash at the very least. Erdrick could be for y'know his Legacy and shilling and Geno could be for the fans who want him. SMRPG References have been everywhere in the past few years, The Mallow V Geno tweet, the Happy 22nd anniversary tweet, The Trivia question, Megasmilax, PP's Classic mode image, even a reference in Crafted World it's Strange I mean we could pass it off as fan service and apologizing for not getting Geno in smash but that only works if the References in question were only in Smash, not Crafted world. It sounds conspiratorial I know but I have this gut feeling we're getting both or, at the very least Geno will get in as a bonus character.

Banjo: Say what you want about how unlikely Banjo is and how likely Steve is in comparison but I disagree, Banjo is being low-key leaked by some people so while they may not be true the more leakers the higher the chance of happening as the more leakers saying Banjo is in the more likely that at least one of them are right. I can't really explain why I feel like Banjo is in cause if I say that Xbox live could be a plus for Banjo the same could be said for Steve, I just think Banjo is in.

Sans: I feel like there's a good chance of an Indie rep happening cause in this day and age Indies are huge, they make up a good chunk of games that come out so I feel like there might be an Indie rep because of it. Shovel Knight is gone, if Spirits are to Deconfirm Shantae would be gone and I don't think Steve is actually happening so who better to represent Indie games that the Skeleton boy himself, Sans. Sans is popular and recognizable all around the world so being unrecognizable to the Mainstream isn't a problem, Sans would be unique (not necessarily a point for Sans but it's nice), Sans already has his game and his Spinoff game on the Switch, Sans would just fit and I think he would get in.
Geno
Banjo
Sans

WTF did you make this for me? Honestly though replace Geno with someone more relevant and I could buy this list. I know Banjo's not that relevant either, but he's a better chance than some think.

D

Deleted member

I just find it funny that some people think that Minecraft or Fortnite shouldn't be in smash smash because they're too kiddy. Even though I see smash itself looked down upon as a kiddie game by plenty of people. More so in the past than when Ultimate came out for some reason. And this ironically enough comes from someone who wants rated M characters in smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom