• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Name a western game publisher with a pantheon of diverse characters similar to Capcom. Western doesn’t just mean American. It means America, Eurpope, and Australia.
Bioware. Rare. Rockstar. Insomniac Games. Valve. LucasArts (or whoever owns their stuff now). Microsoft Studios. Probably someone Sony owns that I'm not thinking of.

D

Deleted member

I do love how the square thread always says "oh its been a fun ride" whenever an event happens and then nothing square related is shown. Back to hell for a few more months!

D

Deleted member

Bioware. Rare. Rockstar. Insomniac Games. Valve. LucasArts (or whoever owns their stuff now). Microsoft Studios. Probably someone Sony owns that I'm not thinking of.
Naughty Dog and Insomniac regarding Sony.

D

Deleted member

Yo guys chill out just a bit
we're gonna be at 50000 posts before a month has passed at this rate

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I’m looking for Capcom’s western equivalent. Not saying that Capcom is western.
If you're looking for an exact equivalent, that's going to be hard. Half of Capcom's legacy involves fighting games, which has never been Western publishers' strongest suit. And fighting games are, like, nothing but original character designs built for fanbases.

But there are plenty of Western developers, as I mentioned, that can hold a candle to Capcom's library and generate similar buzz for a "vs. ______" game. They're just not fighting game characters so it's kind of an apples and oranges thing.

D

Deleted member

I may want Steve mostly for the Minecraft stage alone...

But he totally has the stuff to achieve a spot in Smash:

>Changed the sandbox genre into the way we know it today (maybe we could even say that Minecraft is the Final Fantasy of this genre).

>Has stuff for a sweet and neat moveset.

>Alternative costumes potential.

>Huge potential for a stage with hazards and morphing terrain.

>The always welcomed modern representation.

>Opens the gate for any Microsoft property to get in Smash.

>Big demand.

And maybe some more stuff.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I was just scrolling around here when I thought:
Who on this site did I know by some different name 6 years ago on miiverse?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If you're looking for an exact equivalent, that's going to be hard. Half of Capcom's legacy involves fighting games, which has never been Western publishers' strongest suit. And fighting games are, like, nothing but original character designs built for fanbases.

But there are plenty of Western developers, as I mentioned, that can hold a candle to Capcom's library and generate similar buzz for a "vs. ______" game. They're just not fighting game characters so it's kind of an apples and oranges thing.
I think I’m gonna go with Rare. Marvel and Rare vs. Shonen Jump and Capcom.

Or just Rareware vs. Shonen Jump. That could be fun!

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly I've wanted a Bioware fighting game for a long while, though I know that'll never happen.

Between Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Jade Empire and now Anthem, they have so many characters and moveset possibilities. And I'd main Hawke all the way.

D

Deleted member

So
Remember yesterday I said something about making Spirit Battle concepts for the Ruby Gloom Characters?
Well... I've chosen the Smash Fighters to represent the Main 9 Characters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom