• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The writing and editing they did throughout the Android and Cell saga was superb. Comedy took a backseat but it was still hilarious and quotable.

Honestly the Saiyan saga is hard to rewatch nowadays. It has that early Abridged quality and you can tell they didn't think it would get this far. Kaiser even coined the possibility of re-dubbing it during their 10th year marathon and I'd like to see that happen. The introduction of Vegeta and Nappa is when they found their comedic angle and it has been upwards since.

That's why Frieza/Namek is my favorite "era" from them. It is transitioning into a quality dub but also didn't do it fully to the point the comedy suffered a bit. If you want the yuks then rewatching that saga is the way to go.
The Cell saga hit a two or three episode lull though where nothing ****ing happened and the jokes were getting tired. It was after Cell became perfect and right when the Cell Games started. I just remember thinking, "Man, they're running out of steam."

I'm sure it had a lot to do with how the episodes were taking like eight months in between releases (I don't follow TFS as personalities, so I don't know if there was strife or life events impeding their work) but the quality definitely dipped for a bit. Outside of those episodes and the unnecessary epilogue episode, I'd say Android/Cell was their best arc. As a whole for every episode, though, Frieza's definitely the best one on the whole.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So one more palette thing, here’s some palettes for Shantae that I created a WHILE ago...

EDIT: Maybe I should find a better way to show them...

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Frieza is probably my favorite arc, every episode is hilarious. Cell/Android is very, very close however. It really shows how much they've improved over the years. Especially in the writing department.

Also it gave me this.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I like their Sayian saga. Easily my favorite of the three abridghed seasons. Hope their take on the Buu saga is great!
Buu will be a challenge for them. It's essentially already an Abridged Dragon Ball arc. Majin Buu, Gotenks, Vegito, and Kid Buu are already written for them. Super Buu with all intents and purposes is just a Cell clone.

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
I gots a game.
your in control of the final DLC
pick the characters that would be the most controversial, but that would still make at least one person happy
Waluigi
Goku
Sans
John Wick
your move smashboards, your move.
*note, I would be very unhappy with these picks, if you care for my true opinion

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I gots a game.
your in control of the final DLC
pick the characters that would be the most controversial, but that would still make at least one person happy
Waluigi
Goku
Sans
John Wick
your move smashboards, your move.
I'd replace John Wick with someone else, but that's essentially my list right there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
DBZA is made by people who have huge ****ing hard-ons for the franchise and know how to make a loving tribute because they understand it's writing. There's a lot of flaws and their early stuff is outright bad, they've admitted it themselves, but you can clearly see the effort and love they put in.

We all agree Vegeta, Frieza and Cell were the best characters right?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Frieza is probably my favorite arc, every episode is hilarious. Cell/Android is very, very close however. It really shows how much they've improved over the years. Especially in the writing department.

Also it gave me this.
I wonder how much of Frieza was TFS's writing and how much of it was Little Kuriboh's influence. Because their Frieza is the best Frieza parody there could ever be.

I watched Yugioh Abridged solely because it was Little Kuriboh, and while there are flashes of brilliance, overall the series is way too... meh. Cheap punchlines and forced humor and so many fourth wall breaks, sprinkled with genuine, laugh-out-loud fantastic stuff. It makes me wonder if TFS as a team were able to reel LK in, or if LK took their story and punched it up with his sense of humor without the stress of editing/scripting/voicing everyone himself.

D

Deleted member

:ultwiifittrainer::ultcorrin::ultrobin::ultmiifighters::ultrob::ultgnw:

Literally every argument I've seen used against Steve can be used against these characters as well, and yet, here we are.
Other than Miis and Game & Watch, those are horrible counterpoints.

Should have gone with Villager.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wonder how much of Frieza was TFS's writing and how much of it was Little Kuriboh's influence. Because their Frieza is the best Frieza parody there could ever be.

I watched Yugioh Abridged solely because it was Little Kuriboh, and while there are flashes of brilliance, overall the series is way too... meh. Cheap punchlines and forced humor and so many fourth wall breaks, sprinkled with genuine, laugh-out-loud fantastic stuff. It makes me wonder if TFS as a team were able to reel LK in, or if LK took their story and punched it up with his sense of humor without the stress of editing/scripting/voicing everyone himself.
Perhaps a mix of both. The rest of the team kept him on track, and he didn't have to do literally everything, so he really gave this one character his all.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Hope he comes back as Babidi. That'd be a great role for him.

D

Deleted member

Other than Miis and Game & Watch, those are horrible counterpoints.

Should have gone with Villager.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My point was that the game features character who already are avatars. I simply forgot about Villager at the time. ROB is a counterpoint to people who fixate on Steve's animations.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hope he comes back as Babidi. That'd be a great role for him.
Do we have any idea when they'll do the Buu saga yet?

I have a vested interest in the timing of that. :lol:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I hate how chill Rottytops is about
the world freaking ending.
Isn't she supposed to be a zombie? If so, that kinda makes sense with the whole zombie apocalypse thing that was a pretty popular theme in the early 2010's I think.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Do we have any idea when they'll do the Buu saga yet?

I have a vested interest in the timing of that. :lol:
I wouldn't expect it till 2020 for the following reasons:

A. They want to do the Otherworld Tournament and Gohan's high school (mis)adventures as The Great Saiyaman
B. Bojack
C. They want to release episodes in batches rather than dropping one randomly. Like how they did with the Cell finale.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Back in 2015 when he was first datamined? Don't worry, I'd prefer not to remember as I acted like a dumb **** about Ryu back then too
That was LancerStaff, not Pakky. I was there. :p

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I remember thy name LancerStaff from back then. Someone unclog my memory.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I wouldn't expect it till 2020 for the following reasons:

A. They want to do the Otherworld Tournament and Gohan's high school (mis)adventures as The Great Saiyaman
B. Bojack
C. They want to release episodes in batches rather than dropping one randomly. Like how they did with the Cell finale.
Good. Good.

*resumes plotting*

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I remember thy name LancerStaff from back then. Someone unclog my memory.
I think I've seen him around the competitive section but I'm a bit scared to tag him when people are talking behind his back. He plays the Pits and takes his name from a weapon from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Has one of these in his avatar.
Lancerstaff.png

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay, serious question for people playing Smash online.

I had a Switch dock hooked up in our spare bedroom that we turned into a gaming area/work area, and because it was near the router, I was able to use a LAN adapter. Now we had to convert that back to a bedroom for our new roommate, and I no longer have access to that router.

Is there really a significant difference between the Switch's WiFi capabilities and a direct ethernet connection in a small ranch house? Because I have the option of paying our contractor friend to wire ethernet to the bedrooms, but that's a whole hassle and money I don't want to spend. I play other games on PC and Xbox with a wireless-AC connection and they're fine, but I've seen a lot of talk that the Switch, and Smash specifically, suffer badly from going WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom