• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So the first 2 tips aren't actually explaining it and the first tip is useless if I even have to ask in the first place. Ok.

3. Ok but, considering the move's speed and arc, doesn't that make it VERY predictable? You can just, I dunno, jump over it and you're in the clear. Lucas shouldn't be able to pull off that move in neutral so I'm pretty sure you just suck. Sorry man
Oh really?

Well just for the record, I’m even not playing a regular match right now, I’m busy grinding in WoL.

D

Deleted member

So the first 2 tips aren't actually explaining it and the first tip is useless if I even have to ask in the first place. Ok.

3. Ok but, considering the move's speed and arc, doesn't that make it VERY predictable? You can just, I dunno, jump over it and you're in the clear. Lucas shouldn't be able to pull off that move in neutral so I'm pretty sure you just suck. Sorry man
It’s good for edgeguarding. Not so great on-stage generally.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It’s good for edgeguarding. Not so great on-stage generally.
See, THAT I can believe. But considering that's all you're ever going to do with it, I dunno, a move that's truly broken has multiple purposes. Like, I dunno, let's use Brawl Mach Tornado as an example. It's a move that comes out pretty fast, deals a pretty good amount of damage, can be used as a recovery and can be safe as **** as you can retreat far enough to the point people can't punish you on time. Meanwhile PK Freeze here is only good at one thing, and it's very good at it and garbage in literally every other scenario

D

Deleted member

See, THAT I can believe. But considering that's all you're ever going to do with it, I dunno, a move that's truly broken has multiple purposes. Like, I dunno, let's use Brawl Mach Tornado as an example. It's a move that comes out pretty fast, deals a pretty good amount of damage, can be used as a recovery and can be safe as **** as you can retreat far enough to the point people can't punish you on time. Meanwhile PK Freeze here is only good at one thing, and it's very good at it and garbage in literally every other scenario
It isn’t broken certainly, that’s hyperbole, but I’d say it’s a pretty goddamn good move. It knockback is seriously insane.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Speaking of crossovers, this may be an unpopular opinion, but I would be totally fine with having all the DLC expanding the crossover event that is Smash Ultimate by bringing in more, unrepresented gaming series. I expect mostly 3rd parties.

You could easily add some high tier series like:
Dragon Quest
Resident Evil
Devil May Cry
Monster Hunter
Kingdom Hearts
Ninja Gaiden
...and many more.

I’ve definitely become affixed to the idea of Resident Evil in Smash, but there are certainly other series that would do a great job of continuing to expand the “biggest gaming crossover” feel.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Alright guys, quick rant time. The competetive community is fine, but they can be pretty toxic at times. It doesn't really seem like they enjoy the game all too much, and they just want to win. I best some do, but they are always trying to find new combos, etc. Instead of just having fun with the game, and then maybe a few months later checking out all that. This video is a good example.
Piranha Plant hasn't been out for a week, and we already got stuff like this. Just enjoy the fighter for a bit, take it easy, and maybe do that later. And it is very early for a video like this.
Imo, combo videos are fine but when it comes to pumping out tier lists almost every week, it gets to be a bit much.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Dragon Quest
Actually you reminded me of something I've been thinking about. The other day I looked up stuff on DQIII to see what Erdrick could possibly do and you can change your classes in DQIII? I don't know if Erdrickcan do that themselves but if so, I remember Sakurai mentioning that he thought the idea of a class changing Onion Knight would be cool when Cloud was a new announcement. Though if you can pick the female Erdrick they probably won't use the Jester class

D

Deleted member

Actually you reminded me of something I've been thinking about. The other day I looked up stuff on DQIII to see what Erdrick could possibly do and you can change your classes in DQIII? I don't know if Erdrickcan do that themselves but if so, I remember Sakurai mentioning that he thought the idea of a class changing Onion Knight would be cool when Cloud was a new announcement. Though if you can pick the female Erdrick they probably won't use the Jester class
At least in DQ3, he can’t.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Alright guys, quick rant time. The competetive community is fine, but they can be pretty toxic at times. It doesn't really seem like they enjoy the game all too much, and they just want to win. I best some do, but they are always trying to find new combos, etc. Instead of just having fun with the game, and then maybe a few months later checking out all that. This video is a good example.
Piranha Plant hasn't been out for a week, and we already got stuff like this. Just enjoy the fighter for a bit, take it easy, and maybe do that later. And it is very early for a video like this.
doesn't help that this video is basically zero stumbling into the character for the first time, checking out the moveset, then calling it a guide

I remember Sakurai mentioning that he thought the idea of a class changing Onion Knight would be cool
if only he added a square enix character with the ability to change jobs on the fly

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would like to ask NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy or any other mod about the list that shows the users viewing the thread:
Is it normal to not see as many users as the number shown? Like in this screenshot I made?

D54F805F-C1D1-490E-B18E-4A0070DB58A8.jpeg

If it is normal, what could be some of the reasons behind it?
Nothing wrong regarding it, just asking for curiosity.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Imo, combo videos are fine but when it comes to pumping out tier lists almost every week, it gets to be a bit much.
That's kinda my thought. People in the pro youtube league are constantly pumping out "how to play" "how to pick a main" "this tier list is bad mine is better" videos whenever a minor patch is out or whichever.

It's gotten to the point that I don't bother to click on half of their videos because I expect it to be a compilation of cool events in a match, but instead I get "this is how you play Piranha Plant, I've touched him for 20 seconds and I know what his grandma said to him at that one amusement part 14 years ago so you better listen to me"

It's exhausting and annoying to be honest. I know youtube says otherwise, but I wish they would slow it down and just kinda focus on some good matches before they pump out 10 tutorials on one character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I would like to ask NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy or any other mod about the list that shows the users viewing the thread:
Is it normal to not see as many users as the number shown? Like in this screenshot I made?

View attachment 189756

If it is normal, what could be some of the reasons behind it?
Nothing wrong regarding it, just asking for curiosity.
It's normal, you can make your account not appear in the user list in your settings if you so desire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom