• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The point of bringing up anything political here is often to inform the misinformed. Why have a thread where we all know what's going on? **** happens in the real world. Don't see why we have to pretend like it doesn't

Then if that's the mission why not have that in a organized news thread or something on the site?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
If Russia is a false narrative, then why did Manafort, Trump’s campaign manager, get 7 and a half years in jail for his dealings in Ukraine, why did Trump literally ask Russia to look in Hillary’s emails, why was Trump named Individual One, and why is the Mueller investigation still going on? Bonus points if you answer with Whataboutisms.
If russie is true than why has Trump literally had Russian Mercs in Syria killed, why is he in Syria to begin with. Why did he cut funding from Russian ally Iran, why is he backing the revolution against Russian backed Bolivaran Regime.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I can.
Video games are Escapism.
This is a Video game forum.
Some if not most people come to Smashboards or play Smash to relax and unwind after dealing with how **** the real world is. If they wanted to watch politics theyd turn on the News and watch about how the President ate two scoops of ice cream.
I was about the say the same thing.

People come here to have fun.

Political discussions are not fun.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
If Russia is a false narrative, then why did Manafort, Trump’s campaign manager, get 7 and a half years in jail for his dealings in Ukraine, why did Trump literally ask Russia to look in Hillary’s emails, why was Trump named Individual One, and why is the Mueller investigation still going on? Bonus points if you answer with Whataboutisms.
Jesus Christ penguin

I would have never expected this post on this website let alone from you

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
(Dunno if the pizza talk is still relevant) Shared this a while ago, but I remember seeing this disgusting picture of strawberries on pizza (keep in mind I love both foods) and thought that was an awful pizza topping. I haven’t found that one but I found this recipe for a Strawberry Balsamic Pizza with Chicken, Sweet Onion and Applewood Smoked Bacon and I would legitimately try this thing:
A25E20DD-E9FD-4A5C-941A-4E78830117E7.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Wait Pet Shop literally eats dogs and would kill that Zoe dog...

What's the downside again?
wow alright gwenaël never knew you were also an animal abuser as well as a succubus as well as a misandrist as well as an attempted murderer

the crimes never stop

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
How about we deplatform them instead?
I am sure this wouldn't just end up pushing people more away from your side.

If you debate their ideas, you acknowledge them and give them weight. Their "ideas" shouldn't be debated because they're harmful and bigoted.
Why should I listen to people who hold ideas like "this group of people should die"?
You have the same problem as Antifa. Unable to tell the difference between a normal person and a literal Nazi. Not everyone is this parody of "KILL ALL NON CIS WHITE MALE" moron. Some has actual ideas that is worth debating, but this doubling down of constant displatforming with 0 point against those idea only fuels their side.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can.
Video games are Escapism.
This is a Video game forum.
Some if not most people come to Smashboards or play Smash to relax and unwind after dealing with how **** the real world is. If they wanted to watch politics theyd turn on the News and watch about how the President ate two scoops of ice cream.
And this is a social thread, topics outside of Smash is allowed.

Personally, I think Debate Hall is a better place for this particular subject (yes, that's a forum) but it's not inappropriate, even though it can be a bit more calm. Also, politics are in every part of life.

D

Deleted member

Personally, I think Debate Hall is a better place for this particular subject (yes, that's a forum) but it's not inappropriate, even though it can be a bit more calm. Also, politics are in every part of life.
god mod has spoken

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Then if that's the mission why not have that in a organized news thread or something on the site?
Because people who are misinformed are here so if you make a different thread then what are you going to do? Just post "This person is misinformed" in the thread or talk to the misinformed person here where other misinformed people could see it and learn from it?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

You have the same problem as Antifa. Unable to tell the difference between a normal person and a literal Nazi. Not everyone is this parody of "KILL ALL NON CIS WHITE MALE" moron. Some has actual ideas that is worth debating, but this doubling down of constant displatforming with 0 point against those idea only fuels their side.
If someone "leaves your side" because you deplatformed Nazis, then they're Nazi sympathizers and their opinions don't matter.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

Literally this. There might be some bias from me as a political science major but the topic isn't that bad for discussion. It tends to only get heated when it comes to human rights and treatment, which most of us generally agree on

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Yet every time debates happen it doesn't work and the one time they deplatformed someone it worked...

D

Deleted member

bro we're talking about actual racists not like generic conservatives

idk about you but i 100% support deplatforming people who think others are lesser because of genetics

osby

Smash Obsessed
d'aww thanks, i always knew i was my favorite user too

wait what was the topic again
How great Vagrant of Love is. Because I showed it to my brother and he just said it's sounds like a generic Linked Horizon pop song and now we are enemies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Because people who are misinformed are here so if you make a different thread then what are you going to do? Just post "This person is misinformed" in the thread or talk to the misinformed person here where other misinformed people could see it and learn from it?
If you make a poltical section on the site those who are uninformed or misinformed would go there.

Forcing info on people here has been met with mixed results on multiple occasions. So why not make a change and start up something new?

Instead of doing the same thing everyday to only rope the usual few?

This isn't a destructive suggestion and I'm not tearing anyone one down. But if you want to make a real change hobbling a bunch or random topic through a SMASH SOCIAL thread ain't it.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
(Dunno if the pizza talk is still relevant) Shared this a while ago, but I remember seeing this disgusting picture of strawberries on pizza (keep in mind I love both foods) and thought that was an awful pizza topping. I haven’t found that one but I found this recipe for a Strawberry Balsamic Pizza with Chicken, Sweet Onion and Applewood Smoked Bacon and I would legitimately try this thing:
View attachment 198425
Wouldn't have considered Strawberries as a Pizza Topping.

That being said I have seen a Chocolate Pizza (I'm not sure if the Pizza base was bread or more chocolate), so...
At least you can talk about your life experiences without them being called politics for no reason.
Unfortunately, subjects like Interaction between Sexs, Peoples' Sexuality and the rights of Trans People have become so incredibly political that people have a hard time mentally separating them.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
How great Vagrant of Love is. Because I showed it to my brother and he just said it's sounds like a generic Linked Horizon pop song and now we are enemies.
imagine listening to this solo and having such a terrible opinion

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
View attachment 198425
Ngl I would go for this

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
this sounds exactly what i want soul calibur music to sound like which is an abstract concept but i feel it deeply

it's s l a p p i ng

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
If you make a poltical section on the site those who are uninformed or misinformed would go there.

Forcing info on people here has been met with mixed results on multiple occasions. So why not make a change and start up something new?

Instead of doing the same thing everyday to only rope the usual few?
Forcing info on people? Are you actually serious?

You come on here horny as **** talking about all your fetishes and you want to tell us that we are forcing info on people when we talk about things that are important in the outside world. Dude, get a grip.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Way to misconstrue a quote so thoroughly. Great job.

Jews shouldn't have a ****ing safe space. They should feel anything but safe.
Tell me what editing one word in your post makes you sound like. And then tell me who is a Nazi.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wouldn't have considered Strawberries as a Pizza Topping.

That being said I have seen a Chocolate Pizza (I'm not sure if the Pizza base was bread or more chocolate), so...
I mean dessert pizza exists, but if you’re talking about in a traditional pizza, I may need a bit of convincing to be on board with that...

D

Deleted member

gothfluttershy would like to know your location
Wait Pet Shop literally eats dogs and would kill that Zoe dog...

What's the downside again?
This would be a good result. #PetShopForSmash

Me: "Nazis are bad because they want to kill people and we shouldn't listen to them"
You: "You should listen to them or else you are the problem."

Pakky

Smash Hero
Forcing info on people? Are you actually serious?

You come on here horny as **** talking about all your fetishes and you want to tell us that we are forcing info on people when we talk about things that are important in the outside world. Dude, get a grip.
None of these jokes have put the thread in a vice gripe though...

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean dessert pizza exists, but if you’re talking about in a traditional pizza, I may need a bit of convincing to be on board with that...
It was some kind of Special Edition dessert Pizza.

I often have a "Double Cheeseburger", which is pretty much just a Cheese Pizza with bits of Burger meat.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Unfortunately, subjects like Interaction between Sexs, Peoples' Sexuality and the rights of Trans People have become so incredibly political that people have a hard time mentally separating them.
Which is so goddamn frustrating it makes me want to pull my hair out. I’m not trying to push an agenda. I’m not trying to take anything away from anyone. I’m just trying to talk about my life and share my own story.

Talking about things we can do to make life BETTER for trans people, that’s politics. Absolutely. And it’s really hard to do one without simultaneously doing the other. But this strict abhorrence of the “political” is just another way of silencing people like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom