• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still wanna see a continuation (maybe even a soft reboot?) of this gem some day:

Jenny was probably my favorite cartoon heroine after the original run of the PPGs ended. Such an endearing dorky robot superhero.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still wanna see a continuation (maybe even a soft reboot?) of this gem some day:

Jenny was probably my favorite cartoon heroine after the original run of the PPGs ended. Such an endearing dorky robot superhero.
Did you take a full course on Noipoi Island?

Because you're speaking my language.

Shroob

Sup?
A cartoon for kids.... Should never make me feel as depressed, empty and questioning life as this one scene:

And yet it's beautiful in a weird way.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Did Rurouni Kenshin even get fully dubbed?
Yep. They dubbed all the terrible filler meant to be a stopgap between the Kyoto and Jinchu arcs, though I honestly don't know if they aired all of it. It's all collected on DVD though. It could be like Dragonball GT where the Western publishers decided to skip the episodes no one liked in Japan then dub them anyway to pad out their DVD collections.

I remember being so high on Kenshin after the battle with Shishio and thinking, "Oh man, and I've still got three DVDs to go!!" And then being immensely disappointed by all of them. I've rewatched the series probably ten times through my life and I always stop after Shishio. The rest is ****.

D

Deleted member

I remember watching this when I was little once, Family was coming over for dinner and in the other room this show was playing and I remember enjoying what I watched of it I think. Shame I never saw the show since.

D

Deleted member

That's fanart.

It's god fanart, but not the image I was talking about.
Never even heard of the show ‘til you mentioned it, but didn’t you say there was some official art of them dressed up as Mario and Yoshi for Halloween?

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Never even heard of the show ‘til you mentioned it, but didn’t you say there was some official art of them dressed up as Mario and Yoshi for Hallow’een?
****ing watch it.

I will love you forever if you do.

In fact, all of you. Watch Wander over Yonder. Why should you watch it? Two words.

Lord. Hater.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
In fact, all of you. Watch Wander over Yonder. Why should you watch it? Two words.

Lord. Hater.
I mean, I know I've said I'm not religious but I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a Lord hater. That's just asking for fights.

D

Deleted member

Watch it.

I will love you forever if you do.

Lord. Hater.
M’kay. .
I’ll have to watch it on Dailymotion or something.

Shroob

Sup?
Wander deserved a third season, dammit. That show created some of the best years of my life.
I wish Gravity Falls got one too.

They set up that ARG which HEAVILY implied that Bill was conscious inside Gruncle Stan's head and...nothing.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium

Seriously, if you haven't watched this show, do it. It's got a lot of heart.

Growing up in a lower class of society, I relate HARD to a lot of Ginger's issues. There's episodes dealing with death, depression, love, etc.

It'll hit you in the feels. Mark my words.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I wish Gravity Falls got one too.

They set up that ARG which HEAVILY implied that Bill was conscious inside Gruncle Stan's head and...nothing.
The shows creator said he planned for Season 2 to be the last season when he started working on it. The implication that Bill might be alive might just be that he didn't want to kill a beloved character.

Giffany's death was reconnected in Journal 3, by the way.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since were on the discussion of cartoons. May as well list the ones I grew up watching.

Batman: The Animated Series
Beast Wars
CatDog
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Extreme Dinosaurs
Godzilla: The Animated Series
Hanna-Barbara's Godzilla
Kong: The Animated Series
Scooby-Doo
Street Sharks
The Angry Beavers

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
This one ****ing scene made me get out of my seat and fistbump, and I'm not even ashamed at how dumb that looked.

Untitled2.png

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Alright, I'm ready to start a forum war. Question:

Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon?

I always always more partial to Nickelodeon, for whatever reason. Cartoon Network shows had a certain "attitude" or something to them that I can't quite explain, but it's just not my thing. I enjoyed a lot of their shows, like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Total Drama Island, Samurai Jack, Codename: Kids Next Door, Courage, both Star Wars shows, Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi (remember that one?), Camp Lazlo, and Teen Titans. And I think their programming has been killing it the past decade while Nickelodeon's been a dumpster fire, what with Adventure Time, Regular Show, and The Amazing World of Gumball (my favorite) being some of the best animated shows of all time already.

But overall in the decade I was primarily growing up in, Nickelodeon had more of my attention for sure.

Beware, as I spend too much time going down memory lane and Wikipedia.

SpongeBob was an obvious heavy-hitter, especially in the seasons prior to the movie. No explanation needed, really.

Jimmy Neutron was also a favorite of mine, and it's a shame it never got an additional season. Apparently it would've been darker, actually ship Jimmy and Cindy, and have a bit more focus on continuity, which the show was always good at.

Fairly OddParents was also amazing, though it definitely went on too long. Very clever and creative show with great writing, and the really big special episodes were always a fun event.

My Life as a Teenage Robot was also my favorite for a while, especially after its TV movie that was really good. Really great and creative art style, along with good action, drama, and comedy.

Invader Zim just disturbed me when I was a kid, but I grew an appreciation for it in 2010 when they started rerunning it again (and it may or may not be a weird, primary source of inspiration for the aforementioned show I've written).

Danny Phantom was also pretty inspirational for having the balls to have a little more focus on continuity than the average show. Apparently the final and third season wasn't great on account of one of the key writers leaving, but I hardly remember it, so I can just pretend it doesn't exist.

Iron Man: Armored Adventures was also very formative for me, and is one of the most underrated super-hero TV shows there ever was. Thankfully, it barely survived being canceled before it could wrap up, and didn't crap the bed like Danny Phantom. The same can't be said for most other superhero shows.

Rugrats is always a classic, and I even liked All Grown Up.

KaBlam!/Action League Now, ChalkZone, Kappa Mikey, and Making Fiends were all fairly underrated as well. Apparently the Nicktoons channel wasn't as accessible, so a lot of these went missed, and that's unfortunate.

Hey Arnold, CatDog, and Catscratch were all fairly entertaining, but not really my thing.

Then there was that specific time period of their live action shows with Drake & Josh, Zoey 101, and Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide which were all more well-written and executed than any kids sitcom on those channels before or since. I'd still watch any of these today and sometimes do, but I see what they put on Nick/Disney nowadays, and it's almost unwatchable.

Speaking of, I preferred Nick & Nite to Adult Swim. I love watching Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, The Cosby Show, George Lopez, and other classics much more than I enjoy Aqua Teen Hunger Force or whatever else. Of course those are two totally separate demographics, and I wasn't really allowed to watch Adult Swim anyways, but even today that's still my preference.

Nickelodeon GAS was also amazing, and I'll never not be sad to see it gone. It was great seeing Double Dare, GUTS, Figure it Out, Legend of the Hidden Temple, Finders Keepers, and Scaredy Camp (which did NOT screw around). All that programming was reruns, but it was before my time, so it was new to me, and I loved it all. Shame stuff like that isn't popular nowadays.

But above all, there was this:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I always always more partial to Nickelodeon, for whatever reason. Cartoon Network shows had a certain "attitude" or something to them that I can't quite explain, but it's just not my thing. I enjoyed a lot of their shows, like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Total Drama Island, Samurai Jack, Codename: Kids Next Door, Courage, both Star Wars shows, Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi (remember that one?), Camp Lazlo, and Teen Titans. And I think their programming has been killing it the past decade while Nickelodeon's been a dumpster fire, what with Adventure Time, Regular Show, and The Amazing World of Gumball (my favorite) being some of the best animated shows of all time already.

But overall in the decade I was primarily growing up in, Nickelodeon had more of my attention for sure.

Beware, as I spend too much time going down memory lane and Wikipedia.

SpongeBob was an obvious heavy-hitter, especially in the seasons prior to the movie. No explanation needed, really.

Jimmy Neutron was also a favorite of mine, and it's a shame it never got an additional season. Apparently it would've been darker, actually ship Jimmy and Cindy, and have a bit more focus on continuity, which the show was always good at.

Fairly OddParents was also amazing, though it definitely went on too long. Very clever and creative show with great writing, and the really big special episodes were always a fun event.

My Life as a Teenage Robot was also my favorite for a while, especially after its TV movie that was really good. Really great and creative art style, along with good action, drama, and comedy.

Invader Zim just disturbed me when I was a kid, but I grew an appreciation for it in 2010 when they started rerunning it again (and it may or may not be a weird, primary source of inspiration for the aforementioned show I've written).

Danny Phantom was also pretty inspirational for having the balls to have a little more focus on continuity than the average show. Apparently the final and third season wasn't great on account of one of the key writers leaving, but I hardly remember it, so I can just pretend it doesn't exist.

Iron Man: Armored Adventures was also very formative for me, and is one of the most underrated super-hero TV shows there ever was. Thankfully, it barely survived being canceled before it could wrap up, and didn't crap the bed like Danny Phantom. The same can't be said for most other superhero shows.

Rugrats is always a classic, and I even liked All Grown Up.

KaBlam!/Action League Now, ChalkZone, Kappa Mikey, and Making Fiends were all fairly underrated as well. Apparently the Nicktoons channel wasn't as accessible, so a lot of these went missed, and that's unfortunate.

Hey Arnold, CatDog, and Catscratch were all fairly entertaining, but not really my thing.

Then there was that specific time period of their live action shows with Drake & Josh, Zoey 101, and Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide which were all more well-written and executed than any kids sitcom on those channels before or since. I'd still watch any of these today and sometimes do, but I see what they put on Nick/Disney nowadays, and it's almost unwatchable.

Speaking of, I preferred Nick & Nite to Adult Swim. I love watching Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, The Cosby Show, George Lopez, and other classics much more than I enjoy Aqua Teen Hunger Force or whatever else. Of course those are two totally separate demographics, and I wasn't really allowed to watch Adult Swim anyways, but even today that's still my preference.

Nickelodeon GAS was also amazing, and I'll never not be sad to see it gone. It was great seeing Double Dare, GUTS, Figure it Out, Legend of the Hidden Temple, Finders Keepers, and Scaredy Camp (which did NOT screw around). All that programming was reruns, but it was before my time, so it was new to me, and I loved it all. Shame stuff like that isn't popular nowadays.

But above all, there was this:

No mention of Angry Beavers?

Boo!

I kid! I kid! :laugh:

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Seeing as how cartoons are my reason for living, i'd love to stay. But I gotta get to sleep.

I'm serious. If you watch Wander over Yonder you'll have my eternal blessing.

Alright i'm out.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Though I grew up with Nick. At least Cartoon Network still has some pretty good shows airing. Only decent show on Nick at this point though is The Loud House.

Even then...Can't look it up without running into any of that cringe known as Loudcest...-_-

D

Deleted member

Since we're on the topic of cartoons or were I have a question; Should I watch the OG Teen titans show? I heard it was very good but before sinking my time into it I just want to make sure, it's worth watching right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom