• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
BZL8 BZL8
howdy.png

Enjoy your stay!

BZL8 BZL8

Well since it hasn't been done yet *cough* Noipoi Noipoi *cough*...

HI THERE. WELCOME TO SMASHBOARDS!

I'm Psy the Art Posting guy! And one of the Xeno guys... and FE guys... and the Granblue guys (even though there's only like... 3), but mostly the Art Posting guy.

Here we talk about everything related and not related to Smash Bros. (mostly not related).

Hope you enjoy your stay buddy!
View attachment 191502
You wanna f0ckin go m8?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still remember it because there was so many dumb things from it that stuck in my head.

Chlomes, "I LIKE TO SING HIIIIIIIIGH", and the "Glockenspiel, Tuba, Switzerland, Aruba".
It was a really random and weird show, I definitely remember that, although I think the main reason I personally remember it was because I always felt so sorry for sheep as a kid. The poor fella is subject to a lot of misery and slapstick.

After so many years have passed, I now want to give the series a re-watch. I've already watched the pilot again, and man, the humor and self-awareness the show had are something else. Far as I'm concerned, it was a unique cartoon for it's time.

I'm 28 years old. I was legally obligated to watch every Cartoon Network show in the early 2000s :yoshi:
Then you have done well.

Many cartoons thrived during those times, others quickly and quietly vanished with few traces. At least Samurai Jack got a conclusion 13 years later.

I forgot this existed. There was this weird Cartoon Network crossover show idea I had and I don’t think I had any thoughts on how to include Sheep yet.
I'm always down for a good crossover. Are you willing to share any details of your idea? 'Cause you've got me curious, now.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Something something "wood less dense than water"

Whatever, it's magic.

Anyway, I'm off to bed.
Something something "and what else floats on water"

Whatever, she's a witch.

Night.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The fact that Molgera isn't a boss in Ultimate when they remixed it's boss theme again for the game is an actual crime.

Convince me otherwise.

I dunno if I should, it’s a pretty dumb idea to be honest.
I've partaken in bizarre crossovers before and I have little to no shame lol. The quality doesn't have to be outstanding, and I can get where you're coming from if you think your idea's dumb, but as long as it doesn't take itself too seriously or gets too weird, then I don't see any problem with it. Many crossovers of that sort are generally just meant for some good fun, imo.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The fact that Molgera isn't a boss in Ultimate when they remixed it's boss theme again for the game is an actual crime.

Convince me otherwise.

I've partaken in bizarre crossovers before and I have little to no shame lol. The quality doesn't have to be outstanding, and I can get where you're coming from if you think your idea's dumb, but as long as it doesn't take itself too seriously or gets too weird, then I don't see any problem with it. Many crossovers of that sort are generally just meant for some good fun, imo.
Alright fine, I’ll bite.

So I dunno how I originally came up with this, maybe it was because of a project I did in college and I wanted to draw the designs for this, but...I had an idea for an animated series where the Cartoon Network characters are aged up and go to a massive multidimensional university together (rather the kids like the Powerpuff Girls and KND are students and the adults like Johnny Bravo and Samurai Jack are faculty)

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

You know what Sonic says about outdated memes, kids.
It's not outdated. It's retro.

These things come full circle. Like Surge, or... vinyl, for some reason.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Alright fine, I’ll bite.

So I dunno how I originally came up with this, maybe it was because of a project I did in college and I wanted to draw the designs for this, but...I had an idea for an animated series where the Cartoon Network characters are aged up and go to a massive multidimensional university together (rather the kids like the Powerpuff Girls and KND are students and the adults like Johnny Bravo and Samurai Jack are faculty)
...Okay, I'm not gonna lie, that sounds hilarious. It also reminds me of all those old bumper commercials CN had where the characters all lived in a city together, sometimes the bumpers even portrayed the characters as though they were actors, living different lives than the ones seen in the shows they "act" in, IIRC. Main difference here is that the characters are aged differently.

Sheep held a lot of different jobs in his show, he could definitely serve some role in that. The fact that his show had a fair amount of self-aware humor and fourth wall-breaks opens some possibilities for similar jokes in that setting, imo.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I hear ya buddy. Beating the Hands is significantly harder this time around (at least to me). In order to get to 9.9 intensity you have to beat them on your first try w/ around a 9.1 difficulty (at least).

And in most cases, you have to do it by yourself, unless the Classic Mode assigns you an ally.

I was barely able to beat both as :ultridley: (I was it like... 175% when I did it).
Yeah, in my experience, I've found that even if you use a classic ticket, or fail before the final boss of the route, it is nigh impossible to get a perfect 9.9. The only exception is if you manage to make it to 9.9 before the final round. Then, even if you fail, you can still use a classic ticket to achieve 9.9.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...Okay, I'm not gonna lie, that sounds hilarious. It also reminds me of all those old bumper commercials CN had where the characters all lived in a city together, sometimes the bumpers even portrayed the characters as though they were actors, living different lives than the ones seen in the shows they "act" in, IIRC. Main difference here is that the characters are aged differently.

Sheep held a lot of different jobs in his show, he could definitely serve some role in that. The fact that his show had a fair amount of self-aware humor and fourth wall-breaks opens some possibilities for similar jokes in that setting, imo.
The City bumpers are like grade-A nostalgic. That and the Cartoon Cartoons theme song.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Those bumpers helped inspire that idea, all the kids would be aged up respective to what grade they’re in, The original Cartoon Cartoons would be seniors and the recent shows would be freshman.

The universes of each series would also be aged up to scale with their respective characters (example, Mac was 8 and Frankie was 22 in the original series, now Mac is 20 and Frankie is 34)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Those bumpers helped inspire that idea, all the kids would be aged up respective to what grade they’re in, The original Cartoon Cartoons would be seniors and the recent shows would be freshman.

The universes of each series would also be aged up to scale with their respective characters (example, Mac was 8 and Frankie was 22 in the original series, now Mac is 20 and Frankie is 34)
I’ve been working on a similar idea for a while. Except instead of college students they were superheroes.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
A couple other things is I wanted to take into account any future scenarios that were in the original shows and keep aspects of those canon.

Also I wanted to pick up where each show had left off, which I won’t go into because of spoilers.

I’ve been working on a similar idea for a while. Except instead of college students they were superheroes.
Oh there’d still be superhero elements to the characters that have them like the PPG, I wanted the characters to feel like older versions of their original counterparts.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Man, at the rate the thread is going, I feel like I might miss Page 888. The best page in the thread.

If I'm not here, just remember that Page 888 is the best page. Keep this fact within your hearts, for it is-

Blah blah blah

-and that's why it's the best.

Good night.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A couple other things is I wanted to take into account any future scenarios that were in the original shows and keep aspects of those canon.

Also I wanted to pick up where each show had left off, which I won’t go into because of spoilers.

Oh there’d still be superhero elements to the characters that have them, I wanted the characters to feel like older versions of their original counterparts.
I had the same objective. I didn’t change personalities or anything. Some characters ended up in some... interesting positions in life. Don’t want to give anything away but nothing out of character. I just lean more towards superheroes in general so that’s where I went. Plus college/high school is such an overdone concept imo.

I’ve worked really hard into crafting a believable world that’s true to every show I used as much as possible. I didn’t just want to staple them to each other. That would cause to many plot holes IMO. I watched the heck out of every show and answered every question that I thought would need answering. I thought of new things that happened in each character’s life that felt like logical progression in their personal stories. Basically I spent a lot of time just world building. Now I’m working on writing stories.

Plus. A lot of these characters repeatedly save the world. Even if they aren’t straight superheroes

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Why are we still flabbergasted by ships these days?
Frustration with ships? Honestly the only thing that bothers me is jealousy when I see specific ships get a lot of love, while mine (:ultpit::ultzss:), despite all the ideas I have for it, it just doesn't get much love or art at all (though some art of it I see these days are of NSFW routes, which I don't like). Honestly these days you can't get around without commissions or drawing, both of which I can't do.... though some suggest I should try to write as a means of being a potential influence.
Tbh, stuff that I said up there... it's been several years of frustration built up in me, especially as a person with a creative mind that doesn't have much of an audience... it makes me feel like my creativity and ideas are for nothing, and that stuff hurts. :( I am making more efforts to hopefully promote my flagship around this year, though.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I had the same objective. I didn’t change personalities or anything. Some characters ended up in some... interesting positions in life. Don’t want to give anything away but nothing out of character. I just lean more towards superheroes in general so that’s where I went. Plus college/high school is such an overdone concept imo.
Fair enough, I mean I’m kinda working on my own original superhero series so there’s that.

High school I see overdone, but I haven’t seen many cartoons deal with a college/university setting. The only one I can think of is Monsters University which I wanted to like, but was overall unimpressed with.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The City bumpers are like grade-A nostalgic. That and the Cartoon Cartoons theme song.
Aw dang it I can only take so much nostalgia right now, lol.

It's enough that I've been looking back at plenty of old cartoons that I used to (and still do) like Danny Phantom, My Life as a Tennage Robot, then not that long ago I once again reminded myself that Sheep in the Big City was a thing, and now you've directly reminded of that old theme song...

I've said this plenty of times on this site by now, but I really do miss the old days of CN. I'm not sure if that's entirely nostalgia speaking, but either way, it doesn't change the fact that I loved those days. Cartoon Cartoons was a pretty big part of my childhood.

I'm not surprised, it's definitely a similar concept. That's not a bad thing, it expands upon it and goes about a very different way. It has potential, if you ask me.

I need to see Samurai Jack teaching older CN characters in Gym Class, something along those lines.

I also need to see Finn meeting up with Steven as well as having both of them meet up with characters like Dexter and Powerpuff Girls.

And how about we finally find out whatever happened to Robot Jones? He'd be good friends with Robot Boy. And Bobert (I'm not really a Gumball fan anymore, I only seriously followed it until it's second season, but I remember the characters pretty well).

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Fair enough, I mean I’m kinda working on my own original superhero series so there’s that.

High school I see overdone, but I haven’t seen many cartoons deal with a college/university setting. The only one I can think of is Monsters University which I wanted to like, but was overall unimpressed with.
I’m just sick of cartoons about young people. I want to see more shows where the characters are adults. No classes to go to and no social clique drama. Sure, college isn’t done much. But I’m still not into it.

Aw dang it I can only take so much nostalgia right now, lol.

It's enough that I've been looking back at plenty of old cartoons that I used to (and still do) like Danny Phantom, My Life as a Tennage Robot, then not that long ago I once again reminded myself that Sheep in the Big City was a thing, and now you've directly reminded of that old theme song...

I've said this plenty of times on this site by now, but I really do miss the old days of CN. I'm not sure if that's entirely nostalgia speaking, but either way, it doesn't change the fact that I loved those days. Cartoon Cartoons was a pretty big part of my childhood.

I'm not surprised, it's definitely a similar concept. That's not a bad thing, it expands upon it and goes about a very different way. It has potential, if you ask me.

I need to see Samurai Jack teaching older CN characters in Gym Class, something along those lines.

I also need to see Finn meeting up with Steven as well as having both of them meet up with characters like Dexter and Powerpuff Girls.

And how about we finally find out whatever happened to Robot Jones? He'd be good friends with Robot Boy. And Bobert (I'm not really a Gumball fan anymore, I only seriously followed it until it's second season, but I remember the characters pretty well).
Robotboy isn’t owned by CN. It’s owned by some French company. They just had the broadcast rights.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I’m just sick of cartoons about young people. I want to see more shows where the characters are adults. No classes to go to and no social clique drama. Sure, college isn’t done much. But I’m still not into it.
Anime in a nutshell:

"interesting novel concept"

"BUT WHAT IF WE ADDED HIGHSCHOOL TEENAGERS THOUGH."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom