• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
PsySmasher PsySmasher @ShotoStar
That was probably the most fun I've had with this game in a while. I've been taking my losses in Quickplay too close to heart, so it's nice to be able to hop in an arena and just have fun.

Oh by the way, that Squirtle taunt in that last match wasn't meant to be rude. I was actually a tech that shortens the Pokemon Switch timer.

D

Deleted member

That was probably the most fun I've had with this game in a while. I've been taking my losses in Quickplay too close to heart, so it's nice to be able to hop in an arena and just have fun.

Oh by the way, that Squirtle taunt in that last match wasn't meant to be rude. I was actually a tech that shortens the Pokemon Switch timer.
Yeah GG's. I was kind of off my game but the both of you did really well and while I lost the most out of the three of us I still had a great time so GG's Dude.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Same here. It's always nice duking it out in an arena rather than going on Quickplay to struggle to get into Elite Smash.

I gotta admit though, I was laughing my *** off when the 1st matches we did ended up being :ultbowser: dittos. I was not expecting that.

And don't worry, I know about the Squirrel taunt tech.

GGs to you and @ShotoStar.

D

Deleted member

Same here. It's always nice duking it out in an arena rather than going on Quickplay to struggle to get into Elite Smash.

I gotta admit though, I was laughing my *** off when the 1st matches we did ended up being :ultbowser: dittos. I was not expecting that.

And don't worry, I know about the Squirrel taunt tech.

GGs to you and @ShotoStar.
That's what made me go Bowser seeing as you two went Bowser I decided might as well do it too and GG's.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I personally laughed during the :ultroy2:/:ultroy: fight when the crowd started chanting.

That was a close one. You got the cinematic finisher on me twice and I still somehow managed to survive. I'm honestly not sure how I made the comeback there.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why can I hear Richard Steven Horvitz’s voice coming out of this guy?
That's kinda the idea. He's super proud of his demon powers, always calling himself the "Prince of Evil" even when it's not needed.

"I, The Prince of Evil, demand your hottest dogs!"

D

Deleted member

Im back after 2 weeks!
Im sure noone noticed
Sooo... what did i miss?
Well we might be getting an Announcement for a Direct tomorrow or the day after, The thread got locked cause somebody couldn't keep their private photos in private Who seemed to be an Obvious troll, and Random discussions. Otherwise not much.

KMDP

Smash Legend
That's kinda the idea. He's super proud of his demon powers, always calling himself the "Prince of Evil" even when it's not needed.

"I said your hottest dogs! I did not ask for a Chilly Dog!"

D

Deleted member

Hottest dogs?

*Multiple Furries are typing*

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Well we might be getting an Announcement for a Direct tomorrow or the day after, The thread got locked cause somebody couldn't keep their private photos in private Who seemed to be an Obvious troll, and Random discussions. Otherwise not much.
I see... Thanks for the recap. Now i can be back to my usual job.

Also, I see Zinith has... Evolved. I just hope you dont launch a Exterminatus upon us Yoshiretics.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I personally laughed during the :ultroy2:/:ultroy: fight when the crowd started chanting.

That was a close one. You got the cinematic finisher on me twice and I still somehow managed to survive. I'm honestly not sure how I made the comeback there.
Yeah it really was. All it took was one perfectly timed counter w/ 160% rage to kill me (gotta love that rage mechanic :bee:)

But yeah, I had a great time facing you and @ShotoStar.

KMDP

Smash Legend
:ultsonic:"I'll take that if you don't want it."
I wonder what the first Sonic thing to establish that Chili Dogs is his favourite food was.

*looks it up on Sonic Wikia*

"Sonic the Hedgehog's fondness for chili dogs is something that originates in western territories, first established in the animated series, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Even before that, the earliest canon reference to Sonic's enjoyment of hot dogs (rather than the more specific chili dogs) was in Sonic the Comic #5, where Sonic is having three hundred hot dogs as a part of his breakfast. In the years since, the chili dog has been established as Sonic's favorite food in just about every Sonic-related media, eventually making its way into the games' canon as well. This makes the chili dogs an interesting (and somewhat rare) example of a staple from the comics and cartoons "bleeding" into the games. "

Oh, so Sonic liking Hot Dogs comes from Sonic the Comic... them being Chili Dogs specifically comes from AoSTH. Wait...

"The earliest canon reference to Sonic's enjoyment of hot dogs was in Sonic the Comic #5, where Sonic is having three hundred hot dogs as a part of his breakfast."

Three Hundred Hot Dogs for breakfast!?

Zinith Zinith , I think Yoshi has a contender for Infinity Stomach Space.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ask Noipoi, he’s facing his character.
Noipoi Noipoi , I hope your Jack can crush rocks with his bare hands, otherwise he stands no chance.

Wait...

"The earliest canon reference to Sonic's enjoyment of hot dogs was in Sonic the Comic #5, where Sonic is having three hundred hot dogs as a part of his breakfast."

Let's not forget Sonic can run at supersonic speeds, it's no wonder that he has a metabolism to match.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Noipoi Noipoi , I hope your Jack can crush rocks with his bare hands, otherwise he stands no chance.

Let's not forget Sonic can run at supersonic speeds, it's no wonder that he has a metabolism to match.
Jack doesn't bite, but he can hurt you in other ways.
51c02191d5fa04652070445b3d476e4a01f4fde9_00.jpg

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I wonder what the first Sonic thing to establish that Chili Dogs is his favourite food was.

*looks it up on Sonic Wikia*

"Sonic the Hedgehog's fondness for chili dogs is something that originates in western territories, first established in the animated series, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Even before that, the earliest canon reference to Sonic's enjoyment of hot dogs (rather than the more specific chili dogs) was in Sonic the Comic #5, where Sonic is having three hundred hot dogs as a part of his breakfast. In the years since, the chili dog has been established as Sonic's favorite food in just about every Sonic-related media, eventually making its way into the games' canon as well. This makes the chili dogs an interesting (and somewhat rare) example of a staple from the comics and cartoons "bleeding" into the games. "

Oh, so Sonic liking Hot Dogs comes from Sonic the Comic... them being Chili Dogs specifically comes from AoSTH. Wait...

Yeah I'm fine with that, but for some reason that gets into very weird and uncomfortable territory when it's applied to Sonic...

Though Tails has it worse it seems

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

I'm gonna be slightly serious/critical here:

That description faintly reminds me of another demon prince...
Laharl from the Disgaea series.

The personalities are not exact and the designs are definitely different... but I do see traces of Laharl in your description of Jack.

I suggest doing a little bit of research to get some inspiration. It may help give you a better idea of what you want and don't want to do w/ the character in your webcomic.

On a more positive note: I love the beta design and love the concept behind the character. I'm excited to see more of Jack in the future. Great work!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gonna go to sleep now so Goodnight Y'all! Hopefully an announcement for a Direct comes tomorrow but we'll just have to wait and see.

osby

Smash Obsessed
He can also produce cosmic material (Star Bits) with stuff he eats.

Or......... the stuff he eats just disappears :yoshi:
So when he consumes something, it either disappears or is emitted in the form of energy.

...are you sure Yoshi is not a black hole?

KMDP

Smash Legend
So when he consumes something, it either disappears or is emitted in the form of energy.

...are you sure Yoshi is not a black hole?
No, Kirby is the Black Hole.

He's the one with the extra-dimensional space inside him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom