• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
don't even think it's much of a reach - with how much they want people to care about spirits, making them a central focus of a souped-up home run contest (bringing your own items in, hitting the sandbag distances it could never usually go in previous games) sounds like something they'd do
Not gonna lie, I'd Trade-Off Attack+ the absolute stuffing out of the Sandbag if I could get away with it.

It's a game with the overall end objective of "see how far the thingy flies off," extra ammo can only make the scenario more fun.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
can't believe sakurai was considerate enough to let us file our taxes in smash
It was the only way the IRS would allow :ultyoshi: back in Smash. Sakurai had to make sacrifices to ensure everyone's return.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
With the super secret repository revealed to all of us normies, I finally took the time to mock up a little something. With all these character icons, there's something for just about everyone. . .but for some of them I think they can have more than one use case. To which I present to you

loadoutexample.png

heccin' loadouts.

Also me just. . .abusing Sonic's icon in general in this case.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Watch Them not showing seperate highscores for non-spirit runs making them completely redundant.

And also watch Them have HRC impact GSP
They do have separate and combined records for spirits or no spirits for VS matches though. However, they apparently still count towards your spirit records even if you have no spirits equipped for any characters, just so long as the option is turned on.

I realized that too late and now my uncombined battle records are unreliable forever.... :mad088:

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Apologies if this was already discussed at length last night, but with Stage Builder coming back, which stages - assuming that this version is better/hasn't been gutted - that you made in previous Smash games do you want to recreate?

Or are there any new stages you have ideas for?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Well I've done it again. I've created another abomination, this time featuring staindgrey staindgrey with inspiration from Hinata Hinata

This took a considerable amount of time to make. Was it worth all the work? Uhhh, hell yeah?
Staindgrey .png

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Shroob

Sup?
Well, we got like what, 6 or 7 hours until the usual "Hey guys Direct just thought you should know" hour comes and goes.

I'm not holding my breath but it's possible.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Apologies if this was already discussed at length last night, but with Stage Builder coming back, which stages - assuming that this version is better/hasn't been gutted - that you made in previous Smash games do you want to recreate?

Or are there any new stages you have ideas for?
Back in the Brawl days, I made a huge bowl that everyone would fall into, and the only way to die was if we hit the ceiling. We set soccer balls to high and smart bombs as well. There's also Smashket-Ball from Smash 4...for stuff like this:
Shaq 4.jpg
Shaq 3.jpg

Shaq 1.jpg
Shaq 2.jpg

Eventually, anyway...

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Real talk, if you honestly didn't think game modes were coming back in post-launch updates I don't know what to tell you.
Nintendo's basically adopted the Team Fortress 2 business model, and it started with Splatoon.
HRC will be back in another future update too, guaranteed.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Real talk, if you honestly didn't think game modes were coming back in post-launch updates I don't know what to tell you.
Nintendo's basically adopted the Team Fortress 2 business model, and it started with Splatoon.
HRC will be back in another future update too, guaranteed.
I mean, there's only 2 that we know that are even being worked on/anyone even cares about.

There's a dedicated HRC fanbase, I don't think anyone's losing sleep over the death of Target Blast.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Well, we got like what, 6 or 7 hours until the usual "Hey guys Direct just thought you should know" hour comes and goes.

I'm not holding my breath but it's possible.
only four hours until we see if we're waiting another week

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I mean, there's only 2 that we know that are even being worked on/anyone even cares about.

There's a dedicated HRC fanbase, I don't think anyone's losing sleep over the death of Target Blast.
You know what people are losing sleep over? Break the Targets.
Hell, I'll even make a bold prediction that Board the Platforms will end up coming back.
They need ways besides the fighters to keep this game relevant, and this is the way to do it.

Shroob

Sup?
You know what people are losing sleep over? Break the Targets.
Hell, I'll even make a bold prediction that Board the Platforms will end up coming back.
They need ways besides the fighters to keep this game relevant, and this is the way to do it.
People are only going to care about BTTs if it's like it was in 64/Melee with the unique maps.

Brawl's BTT was awful and Smash 4's was...... an ungodly abomination that we don't speak of.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I'm hoping there's a minigame part of the stage builder like building your own target test stages. They've already combined all star with mob smash, so why not?

D

Deleted member

Am I the only person excited by Stage Builder being in the game? I know most people didn't enjoy the previous two stage builders, but all I care about is being able to create a stage in the first place.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I kind of want a regular All-Star Mode to come back. But I kind of get the feeling it won't since there are just so many characters.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Am I the only person excited by Stage Builder being in the game? I know most people didn't enjoy the previous two stage builders, but all I care about is being able to create a stage in the first place.
I'm most looking forward to the possibilities custom stages have for fan-made minigames: it'd be really cool if we could play them online as this thread could have arenas for it

Here's hoping that this stage builder got the same treatment as Ultimate's Classic Mode and is the best version of it to date

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I've always loved the concept of stage builder but there's never been enough variety for me to keep going back to it. I hope there are a bunch of themes and parts to choose from and a way to play or download stages you find online.

Also, Learn To Fly III.

D

Deleted member

[ MUSIC ]

"If you find this recording, don't feel bad about this. Part of the journey is the end. When I drift off, I will dream about you. It's always you."
- @Diem, as Iron Man

"When I’m done, half of this thread will still exist. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be. I hope they remember you."
- @faygoshill, as Thanos

Over the past 20 years, there has always been the flaming cross that stood the test of time. A competition of countless icons duking it out. Overtime, there had began the beginnings of a revolution. That, of which, was called the "SmashBoards".

Time and time again, whenever the cycle would start up, it would end the same way. People come, people go. This time... It's different. People of the "thread" has been torn apart. Loved ones left, and comrades at each others' throats. Insiders, theories, beloved icons wanted, only to become costumes...

Now, it's come to this. When one man made a deal with the devil and bet his whole life and soul... Everything changed.

WHERE PERCEPTION IS NOTHING, AND REALITY IS ALL A BRUH MOMENT...
WILL ONE THREAD STAND UP TO THE CHALLENGE.

IS THIS THE END OF SCOTT? WILL THOSE WHO SEALED THEIR FATE BECOME TRIUMPHANT? AND WILL @ClaTheBae FINALLY BELIEVE IN LOCUSTS?

SMASHBOARDS: ENDGAME
COMING JUNE 11TH, 2019

View attachment 206607

This took me way too long. I sincerely apologize if I forgot anyone. I hope you can forgive me.
i'm thanos? this is acceptable

wait who's ant-man

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
honestly i hope they take a few cues from mario maker in spicing stage builder up instead of just porting 4's over - once the novelty of drawing stages wore off, it was even more barebones than brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom