• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I hate the fact that I'm born in '98 am talking to older friends, and then they say, "oh, only 90's kids would understand." Like, ***** ass ************ I had the same experience as you. You're not that damn special to have played Mario Party on an N64.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm still in disbelief over Notre Dame. The fact that a centuries-old structure is now irreversibly damaged as a best case scenario is absolutely tragic.

Even more so that it was likely due to a mistake on the part of someone on the site doing construction. I couldn't imagine the guilt that'd come with being the guy who destroyed Notre Dame.
It’s unfortunate, but accidents happen. Nothing is permanent in this world, especially that made by man. This is proof of that. All that can be hoped is that what can be salvaged, will be, and be thankful it didn’t happen during peak tour hours.

D

Deleted member

Much of the art and artifacts have been recovered, but it would fittingly take a miracle for the stained glass to have survived the heat. Those literally can't be replaced, as the technique that created them was never really recorded, so it's not replicable. So at the very least, those are probably gone for good.

Thankfully the bell towers seem to be safe now.
The stained glass ceiling is beautiful too, such a shame.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I hate the fact that I'm born in '98 am talking to older friends, and then they say, "oh, only 90's kids would understand." Like, ***** *** ************ I had the same experience as you. You're not that damn special to have played Mario Party on an N64.
What even qualifies as a 90s kid? Where's the arbitrary cut off? It's not like culture experienced some seismic shift in the year 2000

'94 kids where u at

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm still in disbelief over Notre Dame. The fact that a centuries-old structure is now irreversibly damaged as a best case scenario is absolutely tragic.

Even more so that it was likely due to a mistake on the part of someone on the site doing construction. I couldn't imagine the guilt that'd come with being the guy who destroyed Notre Dame.
I almost made an Ohio State vs. Notre Dame joke, but. That seems in poor taste.

It was a good one though.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Finally, new NoA president, Mr. Bowser says his thanks for Reggie! Thank you Reggie for everything, making Nintendo a better company than ever before!
We will meet again someday!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I almost made an Ohio State vs. Notre Dame joke, but. That seems in poor taste.

It was a good one though.
me: this is a goddamn tragedy, centuries of human history and culture have just been irreparably lost, and all because of some idiot's negligence
also me: hellfire is an absolute banger

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What even qualifies as a 90s kid? Where's the arbitrary cut off? It's not like culture experienced some seismic shift in the year 2000

'94 kids where u at
To me, a 90s kid has to have been old enough to experience the 90s. I was born in '89, but I'm not an 80s kid. My formative years were in the 90s and 00s.

Considering most of the people who frequent here are like 6+ years younger than I am, I'd say most of you are 00s kids.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
me: this is a goddamn tragedy, centuries of human history and culture have just been irreparably lost, and all because of some idiot's negligence
also me: hellfire is an absolute banger
Our Regular group chat: "Oh no, this terrible"
The Dark Side group chat containg the exact same people: "It's lit!" "This is fine!" "Quasimodo did nothing wrong!"

Ah, the duality of man...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
To me, a 90s kid has to have been old enough to experience the 90s. I was born in '89, but I'm not an 80s kid. My formative years were in the 90s and 00s.

Considering most of the people who frequent here are like 6+ years younger than I am, I'd say most of you are 00s kids.
Even then we only really experienced the back half of the 90’s cause honestly do you remember anything from when you were 5 or younger?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Even then we only really experienced the back half of the 90’s cause honestly do you remember anything from when you were 5 or younger?
I mean, I vividly remember things from as young as three. :p

And like, I remember when 2000 officially started as a result lol.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I feel like a 90's is more based on what you grew up experiencing. I lived off of the first season of the Pokemon Anime, the Transformers Animal show (forget the real name), X-Men Animated Series, SNES, Genesis, N64, and I'm not even going into movies.

D

Deleted member

This is a quite good point, as someone born in 88, I can only recall things from 95 onward. Gotta say that a few things from when I was a kid were kinda hard to understand or get interested in them until I was older.

Also regarding NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy , while I got to play many NES games, I don't think I would consider myself an 80s kid even being born in that era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom