• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Nice to see not much is changing so far...

So of course the thread closes once I start work. Now that I’m on break to check in, how’s everyone doing today?

Also how do you check how many posts you have on a thread?

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
16 vs 16 Nintendo vs Disney roster? Easy.
Nintendo:
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Bowser
Peach (daisy alt skin)
Luigi
Duck Hunt
Game and Watch
Donkey Kong
Mewtwo
Marth (as a sort of charming prince)
Inkling
Wario
Ness (cause he kind of fits the Disney style)
Chibi-robo (because he’s out there and I think he also fits a Disney crossover well)
Disney (no Pixar):
Mickey
Donald
Goofy
Scrooge
Pete
Ariel
Snow White (maybe have some of the other princesses be alts)
Dumbo
Stitch
Ralph
Tarzan
Kuzko
Elsa
Olaf
Maui
And Drossel because I am biased here.
Nintendo
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Link
Ganondorf
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Inkling

Disney
Mickey Mouse
Donald Duck
Goofy
Peter Pan
Robin Hood
The Beast
Aladdin
Simba
Hercules
Stitch
Elsa
Wreck-It Ralph
Maui
Judy Hopps
Maleficent
Captain Jack Sparrow

I really wanted to include Peach and Tron, but you made it 16 only for each side so mama mia, ya big palooka.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

Reminded me of this. Better not do :ultkingdedede: next.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
To honor our fallen thread, here's a fun question everyone can join in on: How many posts did you guys have in the old thread?

You can check it by hovering your mouse over your avatar by the thread's title, you should get a message like this:

I'm sure there are a lot of people who completely blow my count away. Calling Zinith Zinith and @osby in particular.

Not sure if it's possible for those of you that are on your phones.
Geez 437 that's more than I thought.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Would it be premature to make a support thread for the Gen 8 Grass Starter? I know it hasn't been revealed yet, but I want to make sure I end up having it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Would it be premature to make a support thread for the Gen 8 Grass Starter? I know it hasn't been revealed yet, but I want to make sure I end up having it.
Support the Gen 8 Grass starter!

What is it?
I dunno

What does it do?
I dunno

What could it bring to Smash?
I dunno

Yes, it's too early.

And I noticed that the thread really started like 2 and a half hours ago. I was at a gig so I couldn't be one of the first users to post :(
A gig? You gotta a band, bro?

If you don't play the bongos, i'm losing your number.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I had 131 posts in the old thread. That makes me the guest character that turns out to be the best-written character in the show and everyone always wants to see more of them. :p

I'm already confusing the two socials, can't we just force everyone here to move into the NZ one?
I like this idea. If you go to the Nintenzone social you get to have me as your benevolent dictator mod instead of whatever losers fine people mod this place. I make better cookies, too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This is stupid of me, but are you not showing it for real? Cause judging by the other two, it would be great.
I'm not showing it because I had -0 progress on it. All I had was this intentionally crappy concept art.
spirit test.png

I was gonna take peoples avatars and make them into little avatar "Spirits". That way I can put as many users int he image without working myself to death.
But now you're NEVER gonna see the finished product!

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Support the Gen 8 Grass starter!

What is it?
I dunno

What does it do?
I dunno

What could it bring to Smash?
I dunno

Yes, it's too early.

A gig? You gotta a band, bro?

If you don't play the bongos, i'm losing your number.
yeah, fair enough. It was more of a reservation more than anything else (Gen 2 is the only gen where my favorite starter wasn't the Grass type one or a tie with grass as one of them, so it's a safe bet I'm going to like the Gen 8 one)

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Here's the first.

Here's the second.

Thread died before I got a chance too, so now none of you will see it.
Darn. Welp time to make this thread a super fun place so we can later have a super double goodbye art piece. That also gets locked before being posted. It can be like a thread loop thing or something. Or it keeps getting added to with each passing thread becoming larger and larger each time until it becomes large enough to put on a church ceiling. Said church being renamed the Noipoi Chapel.

....ok that sounded even worse than in my head. lol

D

Deleted member

I had 131 posts in the old thread. That makes me the guest character that turns out to be the best-written character in the show and everyone always wants to see more of them. :p
Moydow needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Whenever Moydow’s not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Moydow"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
yeah, fair enough. It was more of a reservation more than anything else (Gen 2 is the only gen where my favorite starter wasn't the Grass type one or a tie with grass as one of them, so it's a safe bet I'm going to like the Gen 8 one)
That's fair, but you should at least wait until we actually know what it is to make a thread for it. Who knows, i'm leaning towards grass a little these days. I might be right there with you.

Unless the fire starter is a Snake. I would kill a man for a fire snake starter.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
That's fair, but you should at least wait until we actually know what it is to make a thread for it. Who knows, i'm leaning towards grass a little these days. I might be right there with you.

Unless the fire starter is a Snake. I would kill a man for a fire snake starter.
I was lowkey disappointed that none of the Gen 7 starters were reptiles like they did every other Gen (Froakies sorta count)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, so here it is. Nintendo vs Disney.

Nintendo vs Disney Roster.png

So I made some self-imposed ground rules.

- Sixteen characters per side
- With the exception of Super Mario, each represented franchise may only get one character. I made Mario the sole exception because I wanted Nintendo to get at least one villain, and none of their franchises can really be represented by the villain alone. I considered Dr. Coyle instead, but if Nintendo had to have a villain, I felt it needed to be Bowser himself.
- I wanted to try to fully represent the two companies throughout their different eras while maintaining a list of iconic or important characters. I didn't want to add a more oddball pick for the sake of being different.
- I tried to remain unbiased...hence why folks like Chrom and Quasimodo aren't here. :p
- Each of the columns tell a story. First column for Nintendo is "Mario related characters + R.O.B.," the second is 80s characters, third is 90s characters, and the fourth is characters from the 2000s and 2010s. For Disney, the first column is Walt-era Golden Age characters, the second column is Disney Renaissance era characters, the third column consists of characters from the Disney Revival + Stitch, and the fourth column is the catch-all "Other," featuring characters from outside of Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- Gameplay diversity was also considered, though this mainly affected the Disney side of things as they tend to, for the most part, lack fighting game appearances to draw inspiration from.

- Each side has a final boss for the arcade mode based on their company of origin. Nintendo characters get Master Hand, while Disney characters get Chernabog.
- There is a rival system in place, so each character has a counterpart within the other company.

Mario vs Mickey Mouse
Donkey Kong vs Wreck-It Ralph
Bowser vs Maleficent
Link vs Peter Pan
Samus vs Mulan
R.O.B. vs Aladdin
Little Mac vs Captain America
Pit vs Baloo
Marth vs Simba
Kirby vs Rapunzel
Fox vs Darth Vader
Pikachu vs Stitch
Olimar vs Woody
Shulk vs Elsa
Isabelle vs Captain Jack Sparrow
Inkling vs Beast

Of these, I feel as though R.O.B. vs Aladdin and Shulk vs Elsa have the least connectivity, but the rest of them have purposeful themes that I'm wondering if people can guess (and maybe guess the half-assed reasonings for the other two match-ups :p).

Given the restrictions I think it turned out well.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I was lowkey disappointed that none of the Gen 7 starters were reptiles like they did every other Gen (Froakies sorta count)
You know, I need to see what Pokémon's interpretation of Cerberus or Fenrir would look like. Of course, Veðrfölnir and Hræsvelgr as well for someone who's very into mythology.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Reminded me of this. Better not do :ultkingdedede: next.
I think I want this world to be burned thanks to this
That makes me the guest character that turns out to be the best-written character in the show and everyone always wants to see more of them. :p
So...you’re Steve Urkel?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Okay, so here it is. Nintendo vs Disney.

View attachment 187243

So I made some self-imposed ground rules.

- Sixteen characters per side
- With the exception of Super Mario, each represented franchise may only get one character. I made Mario the sole exception because I wanted Nintendo to get at least one villain, and none of their franchises can really be represented by the villain alone. I considered Dr. Coyle instead, but if Nintendo had to have a villain, I felt it needed to be Bowser himself.
- I wanted to try to fully represent the two companies throughout their different eras while maintaining a list of iconic or important characters. I didn't want to add a more oddball pick for the sake of being different.
- I tried to remain unbiased...hence why folks like Chrom and Quasimodo aren't here. :p
- Each of the columns tell a story. First column for Nintendo is "Mario related characters + R.O.B.," the second is 80s characters, third is 90s characters, and the fourth is characters from the 2000s and 2010s. For Disney, the first column is Walt-era Golden Age characters, the second column is Disney Renaissance era characters, the third column consists of characters from the Disney Revival + Stitch, and the fourth column is the catch-all "Other," featuring characters from outside of Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- Gameplay diversity was also considered, though this mainly affected the Disney side of things as they tend to, for the most part, lack fighting game appearances to draw inspiration from.

- Each side has a final boss for the arcade mode based on their company of origin. Nintendo characters get Master Hand, while Disney characters get Chernabog.
- There is a rival system in place, so each character has a counterpart within the other company.

Mario vs Mickey Mouse
Donkey Kong vs Wreck-It Ralph
Bowser vs Maleficent
Link vs Peter Pan
Samus vs Mulan
R.O.B. vs Aladdin
Little Mac vs Captain America
Pit vs Baloo
Marth vs Simba
Kirby vs Rapunzel
Fox vs Darth Vader
Pikachu vs Stitch
Olimar vs Woody
Shulk vs Elsa
Isabelle vs Captain Jack Sparrow
Inkling vs Beast

Of these, I feel as though R.O.B. vs Aladdin and Shulk vs Elsa have the least connectivity, but the rest of them have purposeful themes that I'm wondering if people can guess (and maybe guess the half-***** reasonings for the other two match-ups :p).

Given the restrictions I think it turned out well.
The Yoshi Curse strikes again

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Discussing Vs. crossover fighting games again are we? In that case here's my revamp roster of Super Smash Bros. vs. Jump Stars.

Super Smash Bros.:
Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
Luigi (Super Mario Bros.)
Peach (Super Mario Bros.)
Bowser (Super Mario Bros.)
Rosalina & Luma (Super Mario Bros.)
Yoshi (Yoshi)
Wario (WarioWare)
Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
Link (The Legend of Zelda)
Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda)
Samus (Metroid)
Ridley (Metroid)
Kirby (Kirby)
Meta Knight (Kirby)
King Dedede (Kirby)
Fox (StarFox)
Pikachu (Pokemon)
Mewtwo (Pokemon)
Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon)
Lucario (Pokemon)
Gen 8 Pokemon (Pokemon)
Ness (EarthBound)
Lucas (EarthBound)
Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
Marth (Fire Emblem)
Lucina (Fire Emblem)
Ike (Fire Emblem)
Robin (Fire Emblem)
Edelgard (Fire Emblem)
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Olimar (Pikmin)
Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Inkling (Splatoon)
Spring Man (ARMS)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
R.O.B. (R.O.B.)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
Duck Hunt (Duck Hunt)
Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog); Guest Character

Jump Stars:
Goku (Dragon Ball Z)
Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)
Gohan (Dragon Ball Z)
Frieza (Dragon Ball Z)
Beerus (Dragon Ball Z)
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto)
Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)
Madara Uchiha (Naruto)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
Kenpachi Zaraki (Bleach)
Sosuke Aizen (Bleach)
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)
Sanji (One Piece)
Blackbeard (One Piece)
Trafalgar Law (One Piece)
Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia)
Katsuki Bakugou (My Hero Academia)
Yusuke Urameshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Younger Toguro (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Gon Freecss (HunterxHunter)
Killua Zoldyck (HunterxHunter)
Jotaro Kujo (Jojo's Bizarre Adventures)
Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventures)
Giorno Giovanna (Jojo's Bizarre Adventures)
Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
Raoh (Fist of the North Star)
Toriko (Toriko)
Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya)
Tsuna Sawada (Reborn!)
Gintoki Sakata (Gin Tama)
Arale Norimaki (Dr. Slump)
Medaka Kurokami (Medaka Box)
Tatsumi Oga (Beelzebub)
Yugi Moto (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
Ryo Saeba (City Hunter)
Asta (Black Clover)
Koro-sensei (Assassination Classroom)
Saitama (One Punch Man); Guest Character

A certain someone will be happy to see a few characters I decided to add. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom