• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Anyone got any topics that can bring talk about professional voice actors into the fray?
Not sure if this counts in any way, but I had no idea Marth and this guy were both voiced by Yuri Lowenthal at all. I played that entire game and never really noticed for years. Sure, he plays a lot of characters, but I'm still surprised.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I love stuff like this. I love seeing what brings a cartoon to life, it makes me so excited.
Yep, it's a little known fact that the animation industry is solely funded by car washes.

Nicky Jones, the kid who played Chowder, is 22 years old now, he was around 10 when he started working on that show.
What? No way...

I just remember Chowder as that one show involving food.
It was, but it was also notorious for breaking the fourth wall constantly.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Not sure if this counts in any way, but I had no idea Marth and this guy were both voiced by Yuri Lowenthal at all. I played that entire game and never really noticed for years. Sure, he plays a lot of characters, but I'm still surprised.
Yuri Lowenthal is the Frank Welker of anime. He's in EVERY ANIME EVER!!!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I just remember Chowder as that one show involving food.
Let me enlighten you:

Yeah you’d be surprised the range of content Yuri has provided his voice in.

D

Deleted member

I don't stutter, but I do go "umm" and "ehhh" a lot. I also say "right" too much when I get excited, like after every other sentence.
for some godawful reason i always end up saying "waitwaitwaitwait" before every goddamn sentence when I'm trying to say something and whenever I do it I feel like I wanna die

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ikue Ohtani
P5's Morgana
I keep how forgetting how many Persona 5 voice actors already have a role in Smash

Of course, we have Joker, with Xander Mobus (Smash 4 / Ultimate announcer) in the west, and Jun Fukuyama (Japanese Roy) in Japan

Ikue Ohtani (Pikachu) does Morgana in Japan

And funnily enough, Both Chrom actors, Matthew Mercer and Tomokazu Sugita play Yusuke in their respective countries

Kinda crazy when you think about it

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
And funnily enough, Matthew Mercer (Chrom in the west) and Tomokazu Sugita (Chrom Japan) Both play Yusuke in their respective countries

I didn’t know about they both shared JAPANESE VAs as well! Now I’ll be extremely disappointed if they add P5 spirits and :ultchrom: isn’t Yusuke’s Spirit Battle!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sub-Zero's fatalities in MK11 are brutal in the best way possible. Specially the one with the axe.

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Aw dammit, I missed all the creative talk. I’m working on a few stories myself, one of which is a pet project I’ve had going for some eight years.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Hey my 9 year old little sister has been making me feel old the whole evening with her explaining some terms she and her classmates use, and I’m not suffering alone.
I too caught 'the old'. While it's 100% terminal, it can be managed if you get enough fun in your life.

Graizen

Smash Champion
And now they got a Dragon Quest character in Jump Force:

ddd.jpg

Maybe Vergeben was rong , and the DQ character was for Jump Force

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
How do you get to 9.9 in Classic Mode? I've only gotten to 9.5.
I managed with Link and Zelda, but only by getting to 9.9 before the boss battle.

If you restart at any point, even using a ticket, it won't let you get above 9.8. But it is possible to kick major *** on the way and hit 9.9 before you face the boss, then you can just use as many tix as you need to get through.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
And now they got a Dragon Quest character in Jump Force:

View attachment 187500

Maybe Vergeben was rong , and the DQ character was for Jump Force
I still can't believe that a manga series based on a video game actually is now in a crossover game with other Shonen reps. You don't usually see that with the likes of the Mario manga, and such.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
for some godawful reason i always end up saying "waitwaitwaitwait" before every goddamn sentence when I'm trying to say something and whenever I do it I feel like I wanna die
You guys make me feel like I am not missing out on much as far as talking goes. Lol.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
It's pretty crappy that the hardest part of Link's route is how hard of a time he has jumping over ganon. Ganon really doesn't punish using up-special to get past him though (other than having lots of time to turn around...sigh)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You can easily get a 9.9 with Chrom. His Classic lets you hide behind your partner most of the time while they put in the work for you lol.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ikue Otani, the absolute legend who gives life to one of the most famous mascots in human history?
Just realised something.

Ikue Otani plays Pikachu and Tony Tony Chopper, both of whom are very famous mascot characters (Chopper more regionally so than Pikachu's worldwide fame).

No reason to bring this up, just musing about it.
I keep how forgetting how many Persona 5 voice actors already have a role in Smash

Of course, we have Joker, with Xander Mobus (Smash 4 / Ultimate announcer) in the west, and Jun Fukuyama (Japanese Roy) in Japan

Ikue Ohtani (Pikachu) does Morgana in Japan

And funnily enough, Both Chrom actors, Matthew Mercer and Tomokazu Sugita play Yusuke in their respective countries

It's about as crazy as the amount of the Dragon Ball cast who are in Smash:

English Voices
Lucario (Sean Schemmel) = Goku​
Lucina (Laura Bailey) = Kid Trunks, Dende​
Ryu (Kyle Hebert) = Adult Gohan​
Japanese Voices
Captain Falcon (Ryo Horikawa) = Vegeta​
Incineroar (Unsho Ishizuka) = Mr. Satan's Second Voice​
Marth (Hikaru Midorikawa) = Android #16 and Tien's Second Voice (he also did Seto Kaiba)
Pichu (Satomi Korogi) = Omni-King​
Richter (Kiyoyuki Yanada) = General Rilldo​
The voice actors of Sonic (Jun'ichi Kanemaru) and Simon (Hideo Ishikawa) also had minor roles in Dragon Ball GT and Dragon Ball respectively.​

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
By being really good. You need to get "Nice Play!" at least three times (in my experience).

If you die at all, don't expect to reach 9.9 even if you use a Classic Ticket, unless you're on the Boss Stage.

NineS

Smash Lord

There's no law saying Dragon Quest can only be in one Bandai Namco devloped crossover
the same applies to nier and final fantasy 15
you don't know the chaos this unleashes

this
this will be utter madness

arguments will occur.
people will begin arguing whether or not a square rep that has been in another fighting game will be DLC
they'll reconsider whether or not noctis' in tekken means he can't be in smash
they'll reconsider whether or not 2B in soulcalibur vi means she can't be in smash

then, a new theory will spawn. the "sora is next" theory, following the pattern that square enix has, representing one of their heaviest hitting franchises in each game with final fantasy in tekken, nier in soulcalibur, dragon quest in jump force, people will jump at the chance to say "you know what? this means sora is next. this means sora is going to be in smash, they already represented all the rest." this will become a popular theory.

not only that, but a new opposing theory will erupt as well, but it'll be less popular. it will be that "appearing in other fighting games doesn't mean you won't appear in smash as dlc". meaning that erdrick, noctis, and 2B will still have a chance. this will likely be backed by vergeben as he has stated that sora will not be in. this will cause even more strife, with vergeben receiving more backlash as he doubles down yet again. vergeben will either grow in support or fall in support, as will this theory.

down the line, a new fighting game by namco will be announced in the works or unveiled, before we know our square enix rep. this will fuel the fires that will lead to more fighting and anxiety for sora fans, while being a beam of hope for the those who want a square enix rep besides sora. the outcome is one thing i cannot predict.

this is the beginning of the reset, but it is nowhere near the end.
we are perpetually trapped in a neverending downward spiral of chaos.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
they'll reconsider whether or not 2B in soulcalibur vi means she can't be in smash
According to Yoko Taro, no,

If Sakurai were to come up to him and ask, he'd give the go ahead.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
the same applies to nier and final fantasy 15
you don't know the chaos this unleashes

this
this will be utter madness

arguments will occur.
people will begin arguing whether or not a square rep that has been in another fighting game will be DLC
they'll reconsider whether or not noctis' in tekken means he can't be in smash

then, a new theory will spawn. the "sora is next" theory, following the pattern that square enix has, representing one of their heaviest hitting franchises in each game with final fantasy in tekken, nier in soulcalibur, dragon quest in jump force, people will jump at the chance to say "you know what? this means sora is next. this means sora is going to be in smash, they already represented all the rest." this will become a popular theory.

not only that, but a new opposing theory will erupt as well, but it'll be less popular. it will be that "appearing in other fighting games doesn't mean you won't appear in smash as dlc". meaning that erdrick, noctis, and 2B will still have a chance. this will likely be backed by vergeben as he has stated that sora will not be in. this will cause even more strife, with vergeben receiving more backlash as he doubles down yet again. vergeben will either grow in support or fall in support, as will this theory.

down the line, a new fighting game by namco will be announced in the works or unveiled, before we know our square enix rep. this will fuel the fires that will lead to more fighting and anxiety for sora fans, while being a beam of hope for the those who want a square enix rep besides sora. the outcome is one thing i cannot predict.

this is the beginning of the reset, but it is nowhere near the end.
we are perpetually trapped in a neverending downward spiral of chaos.
This'll be quite the speculation period, let me tell ya.

It's gonna be insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom