• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Story-wise, Liu Kang generally. Scorpion is the mascot and most iconic character though. It’s like how Jago is the main character of Killer Instinct but Fulgore is who they used as a mascot.
Same with Nightmare, Ivy, and Mitsurugi.

Everyone knows the first two the other one is a secret to everyone.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Which was why I said I can relate to him in terms of being picked on a lot... I almost wanna say bullying because it kinda feels that way sometimes occasionally with the things Palu... and I think Viridi, say, and Pit not really able to stand up for himself. Only true difference is my temper compared to Pit likely being naive or something, but almost always is upbeat. I do wish he'd stand up against the Gods when they treat him bad, though. Then again, the thing about Dark Pit's existence and him being part of Pit's darker thoughts or something does have me curious what Pit would've been thinking if his darker side was still in him...
With Viridi, everyone gets bullied or roasted and a majority will not stand up for themselves cause...Viridi...besides, Pit likely doesn’t bother standing up to the gods cause they’ll either die or it’s not worth his time (though with Palutena, that’s due to them both being close friends and caring for each other...plus they live in the same place). The only time Pit stood up to the Gods was when he dealt with the Chaos Kin holding Palutena hostage (aka a time that actually matters) and when Viridi took a **** on Mewtwo for no reason. Kinda shows that people mocking you doesn’t always matter, but if they take it too far then that’s when you stand up for yourself.

Though ironically, the one time Dark Pit should’ve stood up to Palutena and/or Viridi he doesn’t (and that’s when Viridi calls him a “glorified pallet swap”...and also that time when Viridi calls him nothing for trying to diss their lifestyle)

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
The best part of a concept book is that we could possibly learn about characters that were considered/planned but didn’t make the cut.

Iridium

Smash Hero
You what I want so bad?

An official Smash Bros art/concept book.
I just want an official soundtrack to be released, you know, with a CD. So I can waste an entire day doing nothing, but have no regrets.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Though what if the art book is just 22 pages of Sakurai eating steamed hams?

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
I just want an official soundtrack to be released, you know, with a CD. So I can waste an entire day doing nothing, but have no regrets.
Ultimate's soundtrack is so large that it would likely have to be a box set of multiple CDs

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
It baffles me why they haven’t made one yet when they done it for several other Nintendo series but since the 20th anniversary of the franchise is this year, they may finally make one!

There’s a lot of things they can go over in an art book.

-Planned/considered newcomers
-Character designs
-Stage concepts
-Enemy designs
-References and callback to game origins
-General developement
-Photos of Sakurai’s team making the game in production
-3rd Party negotiations

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It baffles me why they haven’t made one yet when they done it for several other Nintendo series but since the 20th anniversary of the franchise is this year, they may finally make one!

-Character designs
-Stage concepts
-General developement
-Photos of Sakurai’s team beating all that is holy out of Waluigi.
-3rd Party negotiations
Fixed it for you.

Pakky

Smash Hero

-Character designs
-Stage concepts
-General developement
-3rd Party negotiations
:ultkrool::ultincineroar:

Need to see their development.

Also I need to see how blessed Sakurai's thoughts were when he went with the gold gut instead of the gross fleshy one. :ultkrool:

D

Deleted member

The best part of a concept book is that we could possibly learn about characters that were considered/planned but didn’t make the cut.
I think that would cause a lot of grief.
At least it could tell us what PraMai was actually supposed to be though.

D

Deleted member

-Character designs
-Stage concepts
-Enemy designs
-General developement
-3rd Party negotiations
I would love that, as video game development and concept art fascinate me.

TBH, though, I'm just waiting for the Splatoon 2 art books to come. We still don't have the Splatoon 2 or Octo Expansion art books...*Sigh* Probably gonna have to import at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
-I wanna see the process of making Smash original designs for :ultridley: &:ultwolf:.
-How they transition 2D characters to 3D such as :ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultness::ultlucas::ultpit::ultsimon: Isaac etc.
-Creating :ultgnw: as a 2D fighter.
-Making a moveset for a freaking:ultpiranha:.
-Art evolutions between games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe you should wait until you see Noipoi's name on the Users Who Are Viewing This Thread. Not sure Noipoi has psychic powers.
I just saw their name there!
Also if you mention someone with a post using @ that user gets a notification

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I wanna see the process of making Smash original designs for :ultridley: &:ultwolf:, how they transition 2D characters to 3D such as :ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultness::ultlucas::ultpit::ultsimon: Isaac etc.
-Creating :ultgnw: as a 2D fighter.
-Making a moveset for a freaking:ultpiranha:.
-Art evolutions between games.
Speaking of designs, I really want the Smash Designs for the 8-bit bois like Duck Hunt and Ice Climbers to be canon. :p

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'd pay way more than necessary on a Smash art book.

Just thinking about Sakurai's little sticky-note doodle move concepts gets me excited.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, I always thought Pokemon X and Y's rival was my least favorite in the series. Then I played Let's Go and, uh...Hoo boy, the rival is bad. Like, REALLY bad.

I want Hau back, dangit.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Y'know, I always thought Pokemon X and Y's rival was my least favorite in the series. Then I played Let's Go and, uh...Hoo boy, the rival is bad. Like, REALLY bad.

I want Hau back, dangit.
Another being who realizes Hau is best boy?

Truly, you are a man of culture.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'd pay way more than necessary on a Smash art book.

Just thinking about Sakurai's little sticky-note doodle move concepts gets me excited.
Dude little cat doodles of the Aloan whip, #blessed.

D

Deleted member

By the way I just want to let you guys know that me adding Sam the Eevee to my wishlist and signature banner isn't a joke
I actually have a dream character that's less likely than Zoe now
So like does everyone already know who Sam is or do they just not care

KMDP

Smash Legend
i need to find a reason to use this gif
Well, that's easy, it's the perfect reaction GIF for when you knowingly state a controversial opinion in a place filled with people strongly against that opinion.

For example, for this forum: "I don't think Melee is the best Smash game."

Something like that.

Pakky

Smash Hero

I want Hau back, dangit.
There was a Rival in let's go?

Good Lord where was I?

I just saw some nerd, keeping me from chaining pokes.

Hau is pretty good.

Hilda is my favorite Pokemon girl design.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Another being who realizes Hau is best boy?

Truly, you are a man of culture.
Hau was a good boy who liked his malasada.

LG's rival is clingy and honestly seems emotionally unstable.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think that would cause a lot of grief.
At least it could tell us what PraMai was actually supposed to be though.
Yeah, that could get bad. Imagine if it says "Issac was partially worked on but scrapped", or "Decidueye was considered but was replaced by Incineroar". Those fans would get really mad that they almost made it, and things would just go bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom