• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There's this Dr. Suess cartoon coming out soon. For some reason though, the budget per episode is like 5 million dollars. Other cartoons have like 300,000 bucks per episode instead, so that's a big increase. I hope the animation is nice enough to compensate for the price. And that the teams are paid well too.
Wow. I remember that getting announced while I was in highschool! Heck it might have even been middle school. I remember because the headlines were about Ellen DeGeneres producing it or something. I just read the premise and.... this sounds like something a film student makes as their thesis project. You get what I mean? Serious ass premise with Goofey silly characters. You see it everywhere. It just doesn’t sound like something you would actually read in a dr Seuss book. Okay. The sam part in isolation, maybe. But then there’s a bounty hunter involved and .... I know, don’t judge something until it’s out but it just.... doesn’t rub me the right way.

Just saw what happened with Blizzard and.. All I have to say is looks like Nintendo won't be wanting any Overwatch characters now lmao
Why would nintendo care? They probably don’t even like the idea of pro gaming in general considering how they treated YouTube for the longest time.
Blizzard supports oppression? Now you don't see that everyday, considering how progressive and supportive their messages have been through games.

Ethical consumerism at its finest
Isn’t blizzard owned by a Chinese company at some level? Maybe it was an extreme top-down order?

Or maybe they’re just rightfully terrified of China.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
W
Why would nintendo care? They probably don’t even like the idea of pro gaming in general considering how they treated YouTube for the longest time.
No one tell the official Nintendo esports Twitter.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Since when is the AI-controlled character allowed to catch up?
Like, it wasn't the best joke but I still shouldn't have to point out it was one.

D

Deleted member

@Noipoi Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs @Taylor F (sorry if I forget some...my memory isn't the best)

Oh gosh, I think I finally got the Paypal deal resolved (about it forcing me to link a bank account), so I think I can FINALLY get back to hopefully getting commissions since I really need to start saving again. A lot of things have happened to me these past few months, but things are starting to look better. :3 There's currently something regarding the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, but I have been recieving therapy, to hopefully keep it under control and be able to keep working. How have you been doing? I haven't checked this place for quite some time.
Hey, glad things are looking up! I hope they continue to do so. :)

I'm currently rendering an animation for a Yt channel I'm a part of. Oh, and voice acting. Lots of voice acting. :p

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Hm. Ponyta is a Shield exclusive and pure Fairy type.

All that for a Shield exclusive form of a Pokémon we've had since Gen 1. Great.

At least it'll make Sword Vs. Shield debates interesting.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Sword still looking like the better choice so far

Galarian _onyta's okay I guess, but I'm waiting for another Galarian form that isn't just another Kanto mon

And tbh I never really cared that much for _onyta in the first _lace

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Hey guys! i'm wondering which Star KO is your favourite?
Mine's Dedede. (He sounds so demonic and nightmarish.)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

It was definitely made to balance out Sirfetched, an also version exclusive regional Gen 1 mon who didn't get much love for a long time.

We already have some regional forms of non Gen 1 mons with Obstagoon, so I do feel like Gen 1 isn't the end all be all.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I just bought the new Yooka Laylee game. will give it a sot after I beat dragon quest. hopefully it is as good as the first one. I know they swapped genres, but hopefully it is quality.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
People have a lot of free time these days

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So... That's it? A 24 hour livestream that basically shows 1 new Pokemon, then half a week later a trailer about said Pokemon that reveals nothing new except for the typing that everyone already assumed and the fact that it's Shield exclusive? They couldn't even show off Galarian Rapidash?

The advertising for this game is absolute trash and if I hadn't already decided not to buy it then this advertising would probably lead me to the decision that my money is best spent elsewhere anyway.

D

Deleted member

So... That's it? A 24 hour livestream that basically shows 1 new Pokemon, then half a week later a trailer about said Pokemon that reveals nothing new except for the typing that everyone already assumed and the fact that it's Shield exclusive? They couldn't even show off Galarian Rapidash?

The advertising for this game is absolute trash and if I hadn't already decided not to buy it then this advertising would probably lead me to the decision that my money is best spent elsewhere anyway.
I think the advertising has been pretty good up until this point, so are you saying one bad advertising idea makes all the advertising bad, or am I missing more bad advertising I haven’t seen. i’m a little confused.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Aside from the livestream, the advertising hasn't been bad persay. They just haven't been revealing as much to us, which might be partly because they revealed a whole lot for Gen 7 before it was released.

The advertising for this game is actually closer to the first four Gens. Alola spoiled us.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I expected Ponyta to be pure Fairy.

Derrick from GameXplain thought Fairy/Ghost.

Some other people thought Fire/Fairy.

But no.

It’s pure Psychic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aside from the livestream, the advertising hasn't been bad persay. They just haven't been revealing as much to us, which might be partly because they revealed a whole lot for Gen 7 before it was released.

The advertising for this game is actually closer to the first four Gens. Alola spoiled us.
That’s what I was thinking. After all, revealing less isn’t a bad idea. It can make some of the reactions to events nit already revealed more exciting.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
@Noipoi Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs @Taylor F (sorry if I forget some...my memory isn't the best)

Oh gosh, I think I finally got the Paypal deal resolved (about it forcing me to link a bank account), so I think I can FINALLY get back to hopefully getting commissions since I really need to start saving again. A lot of things have happened to me these past few months, but things are starting to look better. :3 There's currently something regarding the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, but I have been recieving therapy, to hopefully keep it under control and be able to keep working. How have you been doing? I haven't checked this place for quite some time.
Glad to hear that things are getting better for ya!

I'm ok. Still preparing for my move and I'm eating out with my grandparents today which will be fun.

D

Deleted member

Alright y'all. Part 2: What do I name this kid? He looks kinda androgynous, but he's a dude.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

I think the advertising has been pretty good up until this point, so are you saying one bad advertising idea makes all the advertising bad, or am I missing more bad advertising I haven’t seen. i’m a little confused.
I don't think the advertising has been good at all, with this livestream fiasco just being the worst of it, every trailer they've released has been touted as "all new information" or something like that and almost every time about half of the trailer is information that was given in previous trailers, like they expect viewers to have the memories of goldfish.

Also, I made a mistake. I wasn't properly paying attention and thought it was Fairy type because psychic makes literally no sense based on its design.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Morning's starting good so far. Played with my dogs for a bit outside. Later gonna go down to my house to do get some stuff done bringing them with me. Cut the grass and see whatever stuff there is to clean up.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t think Psychic makes sense.

Unicorns are mythical and only show themselves to certain individuals.

That sounds like a fairy to me. It could still be given Psychic moves, maybe even make it Fairy/Psychic, but pure Psychic is odd.

And why have they still said nothing about Impidimp?! I guess he keeps playing tricks on them...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't think the advertising has been good at all, with this livestream fiasco just being the worst of it, every trailer they've released has been touted as "all new information" or something like that and almost every time about half of the trailer is information that was given in previous trailers, like they expect viewers to have the memories of goldfish.
I think it's less that and more not every potential buyer follows the updates religiously. People miss stuff all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom