• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd be fine with Crash in Smash, but I'd vastly prefer Spyro cause his music is much better. Either would make a ton of people happy.

But from what I remember, both were kind of popular requests since Brawl. Though not as much as Mega Man or especially Sonic before his reveal. I think Bomberman was up there too.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Sorry, I don't have the answers for that...

Maybe it was an early design choice they changed at the last minute in official art? :yoshi:
Early development sprites show him with green arms.

It's more than likely a graphical distinction to make his arms stand out, same reason Link had pink hair in ALTTP.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
When did clown as an insult become so prominent
I think during late 2018 is when it started, from a Twitter meme of a clown using a computer in an office. It was used as a representation of a guy making himself look like a joke from the screen he/she uses.

Then people liked it a lot, and later on use it as their list of nicknames.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
That ain't good. I hope you avoid sickness lol
xD I hope, but knowing myself and also my kind of weird allergies to air conditioning and stuff, plus also some relatives getting sick recently thanks to the climate change...I might not be able to avoid it.

And for sure. I've missed writing with him. It's fun and it helps us bond closer together. And thank you! We're putting in a lot of effort. We have a critique team and everything of users that are Undertale fans themselves on this board. They've been very helpful as a test audience. I want this story to go against the stereotypical "fanfic fodder" mold. I want it to be special; to be a legit story that stands out... to go against the grain and be impressive; to deny low expectations... that's what I want to see.
:3 Yeah, I can relate to that when I'm coming up with ideas to draw or short story drafts with friends of mine. It's always fun. And yup, I get ya. As an artist myself, I always want that my work, either written or drawn, is something that people enjoy for what it is, and the story behind it, making it my own special thing. Similar to how I work with my Ridley Bros. Which I turned them into my own crazy concept that people slowly began to like for quite some time now, specially when it came to the interactions between Ridley and Roidley, that range from silly and adorable, to rather serious ones depending on the situation at hand.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Here is what I don't understand? Why is clown an insult? Additionally, why do people see clowns as bad altogether?
You dont wanna be seen as a clown. No one takes clowns seriously, clowns get laughed at, Clowns get made fun of. So if you do something so so so very stupid that no one takes you seriously anymore, your gonna be called a clown

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Here is what I don't understand? Why is clown an insult? Additionally, why do people see clowns as bad altogether?
Because Clown is used as a person looking like a joke, or funny towards others. Just like how a Clown looks silly, and like a joke because he’s looks like one, and is supposed to make funny jokes.

Why it’s used in a bad way? Don’t really know, I guess it’s because it sounds negative, I guess?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It could work depending on the artist...
Now that is cute and ugly at the same time. :troll:

Because Clown is used as a person looking like a joke, or funny towards others. Just like how a Clown looks silly, and like a joke because he’s looks like one, and is supposed to make funny jokes.

Why it’s used in a bad way? Don’t really know, I guess it’s because it sounds negative, I guess?
It is not sounding negative to me, but I always thought clowns were supposed to be not taken seriously. That is the point of what you are saying though, is it?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Now that is cute and ugly at the same time. :troll:

It is not sounding negative to me, but I always thought clowns were supposed to be not taken seriously. That is the point of what you are saying though, is it?
because no one wants to not be taken seriously. Why do you think Party clowns are never happy. They are playing themselves as fools for a bunch of kids pff

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
because no one wants to not be taken seriously. Why do you think Party clowns are never happy. They are playing themselves as fools for a bunch of kids pff
Isn't that supposed to be the point of being a clown? I mean, outside of the negative stuff that isn't doing comedy, clowns are supposed to make people laugh for entertainment, right? Plus, I am sure being a clown and fearing them have some differences.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
All of them are very nice, if I do say so, myself.
Thank you! I’ve been working on their stories and moves as well, Mario and Peach will have their own half to the main story with the Mario getting the sketchbook and Peach the pencil and so far the Reznor, Lakitu and Scuttlebug will be Mario’s partners and Peach will get the Yoshi along with Daisy and a Duplighost who I’m still working on designing. I plan on at least one more partner for them both.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm imagining some dude who's never seen Terry Bogard before thinking he looks like a buff Pokemon Trainer.
You guys remember that article on how kids reacted to Terry? Ayo, I called this a while ago. To the surprise of no one.

D

Deleted member

Y'know after I've given it some thought and contemplation after the huge amounts of hype for the Additional DLC and the "Anything can happen! 1st parties! Spirits and Assist upgrades! 3rd parties galore! Everything and anything is possible!" mindset I've calmed down a bit I've come to the conclusion that no not everything is possible.

I now believe and stand firm in the camp that we won't get any new 1st party characters and at best we'll get Rex and Pyra but even then I'm iffy on. Post-FP will be the same schtick as the FP and vice-versa. We may get Spirit upgrades and I do think that has the potential to be on the table but otherwise no Assist Upgrades, No 1st parties beyond the absolute bare-minimum and that's iffy and only 3rd party characters.

Why do I say that? Well these two tweets lookin' kinda quirky doe:
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1171720134198624256?s=20

https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1171779905245216769?s=20

and honestly these two tweets are the biggest and best things we have to go off of so far. We know little to nothing about the additional DLC and so unless Sakurai and co. take a drastic change in direction I doubt we'll be getting any 1st party characters (excluding Rex/Pyra, Maybe) and no Assist Upgrades even though those were always iffy.

For right now I'll stand firm in saying we'll only get 3rd party characters and that's that. I'd love to be wrong but for right now I don't think I am.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Isn't that supposed to be the point of being a clown? I mean, outside of the negative stuff that isn't doing comedy, clowns are supposed to make people laugh for entertainment, right? Plus, I am sure being a clown and fearing them have some differences.
I mean. I’ve never known a clown that wasn’t also a sociopath so..... there is that. That includes myself
11365510-BADF-4C84-A8EA-BC74EB47EB8B.jpeg

NineS

Smash Lord
Y'know after I've given it some thought and contemplation after the huge amounts of hype for the Additional DLC and the "Anything can happen! 1st parties! Spirits and Assist upgrades! 3rd parties galore! Everything and anything is possible!" mindset I've calmed down a bit I've come to the conclusion that no not everything is possible.

I now believe and stand firm in the camp that we won't get any new 1st party characters and at best we'll get Rex and Pyra but even then I'm iffy on. Post-FP will be the same schtick as the FP and vice-versa. We may get Spirit upgrades and I do think that has the potential to be on the table but otherwise no Assist Upgrades, No 1st parties beyond the absolute bare-minimum and that's iffy and only 3rd party characters.

Why do I say that? Well these two tweets lookin' kinda quirky doe:
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1171720134198624256?s=20

https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1171779905245216769?s=20

and honestly these two tweets are the biggest and best things we have to go off of so far. We know little to nothing about the additional DLC and so unless Sakurai and co. take a drastic change in direction I doubt we'll be getting any 1st party characters (excluding Rex/Pyra, Maybe) and no Assist Upgrades even though those were always iffy.

For right now I'll stand firm in saying we'll only get 3rd party characters and that's that. I'd love to be wrong but for right now I don't think I am.
This should go without saying in my case, but...

analyze.jpg

I see where you're coming from. I've taken a similar position, although one I'm sure many wouldn't like.

The position I've taken is the same I've held for the Fighters Pass since Joker's reveal: Any franchises already in smash in any shape or form (mii fighter costume, spirit, brawl stickers, trophies, stage, assists, fighters, etc.) will most likely not get any rep in the Fighters Pass.

I say this due to the sources you have listed, as well as what Reggie has stated about the fighters pass after Joker's reveal (being every character in the fighters pass would be completely new to the series, "just like Joker",) along with how the fighters pass has been up until now.

Of course, I say this for the fighters pass itself, not mii fighter costumes or other forms of downloadable representation.

This isn't necessarily solid either, as it is up to change as time goes on depending on who's in the next fighter's pass. It's just the probable truth thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom