• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not pertaining to any topic, but Kevin Manthei does the soundtrack to Ultimate Spider-Man, one of my favorite games ever made, lot of good tracks in it too. Before that, he made Invader Zim's music. I first I was a bit surprised, but Zim's main theme could be inserted into Ultimate Spider-Man and no one would bat an eye. Very similar style of music.

StormC

Smash Hero
Does anyone else get like backlog anxiety?

I seriously have way too many games to play and too many other things demanding my attention (whether for fun or not).

This hobby feels like a scam, marketing games to you that you buy and then let collect dust. My new year's resolution was to get my backlog under control, and I've had some success, but I've also bought a bit more than I should have on sale in the last few months.

Hell, half the time I just end up playing Smash instead.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, what're the chances they pull another Simon/Terry/Hero incident for character 5? I'm hoping they don't cause part of me wanted to see the Terry reaction before some people were introduced to him via the leak. Also would have made the trailer even more perfect.

I'm hoping character 5 will be able to stay a surprise, but at least Terry wasn't known for literal months like Hero was, and was only leaked a week ahead.

Still waiting for :ult_terry: though. He might be my third character after Mega Man and Ridley.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

I seriously have way too many games to play and too many other things demanding my attention (whether for fun or not).

This hobby feels like a scam, marketing games to you that you buy and then let collect dust. My new year's resolution was to get my backlog under control, and I've had some success, but I've also bought a bit more than I should have on sale in the last few months.

My backlog is like, five games.

And it still freaks me out sometimes lmao

So, what're the chances they pull another Simon/Terry/Hero incident for character 5? I'm hoping they don't cause part of me wanted to see the Terry reaction before some people were introduced to him via the leak. Also would have made the trailer even more perfect.

I'm hoping character 5 will be able to stay a surprise, but at least Terry wasn't known for literal months like Hero was, and was only leaked a week ahead.

Still waiting for :ult_terry: though. He might be my third character after Mega Man and Ridley.
I think intern-kun jumped the gun when it came to copyrighting Terry, seeing as how his reveal was shortly after. Hopefully this time Nintendo’s more careful.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Sorta. I mostly chill online, so I haven't played many games outside of Smash, labbing DBFZ and Tekken 7(cause I'm too cheap to buy the online). Right now the only games I have on my backlog are FotNS and Cuphead. I made it a fair bit into FotNS, since I got past Jagi. I'm on island 2 of Cuphead, but since that game isn't terribly long, I don't mind playing it in bits and pieces.

I'd want to cop DMC5 and MUA3 respectively. Maybe Mario Kart as well. But getting the online for both PS4 and Switch would be annoying. Other than those 2, I don't have a ton of games I want to get ATM. I might download a KOF game, but then the issue is figuring out which one in particular do I want.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

This is why I only buy games if I'm certain I'm actually going to play them, normally on a weekend bindge.

Right now the only game I own that I haven't really played is Dark Souls for Switch. Well, I've never finished Cuphead either but I've played enough of it that I don't feel like I wasted my money, and it'll be easy to pick back up next time I'm in the mood for a 2D shooter.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

I understand that feeling quite well. It's a bit hard to finish a backlog, especially if it's over a hundred like mine. The worst part is when you start a game and not finish it, if you take a break from a game then god knows when you'll return to it. There are some games that I haven't stopped playing like Smash, Tekken, and Minecraft even though their play time is in the hundreds. Honestly I should take a break from them and start focusing on clearing my backlog instead. Poor Hitman has been waiting for me to finish it for over a year now.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I just got an Amazon Present redirect on my PC I thought I was safe outside of mobile

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I don’t. Like. I appreciate the extremely hype way Sakurai reveals characters. But he waits way to long to reveal them. IMO, he should have revealed ALL of them at the start and slowly showed them off and released them. But that would have required working on them alongside the base game which is apparently the work of Satan. Because you have to be evil to want timely content drops.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still predicting Doom Guy.

DLC fighter 5 supposedly gets revealed in November when Terry comes out. Doom Eternal comes out.

Or at least revealed close like at the VGA.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Have you ever imagined a video that was clickbait tailored towards me (Zinith) specifically?

Well TheGamer has a video called "10 Characters Who Actually Made Mario Games Better" and it has my boi in the background of Super Mario Odyssey with an arrow pointed at him. :thinkingemoji:

I didn't take the bait though. Not even to embed it here :yoshi:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
PushDustin leaked a bit of information about Sakurai’s next column.

So far, it’s about the next round of DLC.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Hmmm....... this could mean so many different things that all it will do is divide the community.

D

Deleted member

Makes sense. I doubt Sakurai just got up from his hospital bed and then said, "Man I wanna do more DLC for Smash Ultimate"

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don’t. Like. I appreciate the extremely hype way Sakurai reveals characters. But he waits way to long to reveal them. IMO, he should have revealed ALL of them at the start and slowly showed them off and released them. But that would have required working on them alongside the base game which is apparently the work of Satan. Because you have to be evil to want timely content drops.
But that would leave less time for an already cramped base game development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom