• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's every company. Bots are prevalent and cheap. Every company is throwing them at Youtube and Youtube immediately complies on their behalf. There are even middleman businesses now that charge the companies to use their bots so they can profit off the Youtube takedowns.

I have a video that was ready to release yesterday but it was flagged by a bot for Sony Entertainment Films Japan within two minutes of uploading and it's blocked from view worldwide for a mandatory 30 days until a human from Sony responds. Which they likely won't. The bot is just an automatic process that talks to another automatic process to automatically process things.

So this is my response:

I'm curious. Did you create new accounts for this, was it editing, or did you alter your own accounts? I'm assuming you created new accounts, since that would be the most efficient way.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, even aside from that stuff

Nintendo's currently active IPs are

* Mario
* Zelda
* Pokemon
* Smash
* Kirby
* Metroid(?)
* Donkey Kong(?)
* Splatoon
* Fire Emblem

SEGA's active IPs are

* Sonic
* Yakuza
* House of the dead
* Valkyria
* SUPER MONKEY BALL
* Mushiking
* Daytona USA
* Phantasy Star
* Shenmue(?)
You forgot Xenoblade for Nintendo and Puyo Puyo for Sega

Noipoi

Howdy!
Heads up, I probably won’t be as active as I used to be.

You might not see me for days, possibly weeks. But I’ll be around.

Anyways, carry on.

I’ve been 5’8 for three years and I’ve finally grown. Super happy about that.

Okay I’m only 5’9 but still, that’s an improvement.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm curious. Did you create new accounts for this, was it editing, or did you alter your own accounts? I'm assuming you created new accounts, since that would be the most efficient way.
Just Photoshop.

We made a temporary group and altered our accounts for ep.7's Discord bit, and then worked with that screenshot to make the layout. The way it's laid out isn't actually how Discord calls really work; we enlarged the faces so it was clear and obvious who was talking regardless of screen size, then altered the side bars to remove everything and replace it with only Gundam things. We even made a point to alter the time and date in the bottom right corner to be "AC 195". If you watch it through the video, it actually ticks up every minute on the minute.

Since we had most of the resources made for ep.7, making a Discord-specific video was a breeze. After recording everything, the actual video editing, including the opening Jet Li bit, probably took 4-5hrs.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Shenmue III is gonna be the next Mighty Number 9 and it'll undo the good will of kickstarter games despite Bloodstained being right there
to be fair, two good kickstarter games in shovel knight and bloodstained are drops in the ocean of absolutely terrible kickstarter ****

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Dude that’s terrible. I’m so sorry.

**** that *****.
we dont know if shes a ***** yet but if she did do something, then yeah, shes a *****. Wats sad is this isnt the first person in my family to get killed. I have cousins that were killed from stray gang fight gun fire too.

seems I just have horrible luck

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Xenoblade are part of the Xeno-series and I mostly chose not to include it due ot the weird circumstances of it. Similarly I didn't include Bayo for either of them
Nintendo bought Monolith, they own Xeno now.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What’s wrong with Shenmue 3?
I mean, the expectations placed upon it are essentially impossible to meet. People want to see a sequel that should have happened 15 years ago but will hold it up to modern high standards, despite many involved being dinosaurs within the industry. Its status as a Kickstarter project developed by an independent studio and published by Deep Silver with Sony's money leaves a lot of suspicion that there'll be cut corners and lack of polish.

I'll like it regardless as long as it finishes the story and has a whole bunch of inane frivolities and that Shenmue charm, but I can almost guarantee it'll underwhelm sheerly due to what it is and how gamers tend to have far too high of expectations.

Anyways, carry on.
Everything alright?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I realize I’m part of the problem and have used converters on some YouTube videos in order to listen to some of my favorite Nintendo music.

That said...

If Nintendo is going to strike down channels or users that upload music that literally is not available another way, then I really don’t know what they expect people to do.

I got the Seasons of Warfare edition, which means I got the OST. None of the final boss themes, arguably my favorite beats in the whole game, are on the OST. If I find a HQ YouTube vid, I will likely do what I previously have. I hate to do it, but it’s my only way.

If you are going to strike down those channels, it should in some way be made available. Otherwise, I simply don’t know what they expect folks to do.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
this aint the first rodeo of nintendo going ham with music uploaders

im not surprised at all

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Why in the world does Nintendo not, you know, sell their music if they don’t want us going to YouTube channels that have quality rips of them?

They obviously see the massive amount of views they get, might as well make some more money off of it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I realize I’m part of the problem and have used converters on some YouTube videos in order to listen to some of my favorite Nintendo music.

That said...

If Nintendo is going to strike down channels or users that upload music that literally is not available another way, then I really don’t know what they expect people to do.

I got the Seasons of Warfare edition, which means I got the OST. None of the final boss themes, arguably my favorite beats in the whole game, are on the OST. If I find a HQ YouTube vid, I will likely do what I previously have. I hate to do it, but it’s my only way.

If you are going to strike down those channels, it should in some way be made available. Otherwise, I simply don’t know what they expect folks to do.
reach for their bands
i'll steal away
all of their songs
oh i wish i could play
these on youtube
in peaceful days
i fear the copyrights
knowing tunes decay

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Why in the world does Nintendo not, you know, sell their music if they don’t want us going to YouTube channels that have quality rips of them?

They obviously see the massive amount of views they get, might as well make some more money off of it.
Because Nintendo does what others Nintendon't.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

That said...

On the Fire Emblem front, that's a sound selection CD, not the full OST.

However, Fire Emblem OSTs have never been released in the West. You'll have to buy an import. I have the Fates and Awakening OSTs but I had to buy them through Ebay so Nintendo didn't make anything anyway. And as of now, I don't know of any official Three Houses OST being released.

I understand protecting your IP, and I understand that you're not obligated to release all your content, but what does this move accomplish if you've already chosen not to sell this music? What is there to gain? Someone saw and opportunity to fill a gap you left, and you shooed them away and unfilled the gap again for no purpose.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

That said...

They should just cave and put their soundtracks to be easily streamable on Spotify. I'd use it waaaaaaaaaaaay more if they did that

also if they copystrike Max Galactica or claim his Xenoblade X uploads I will be a very sad Elma stan

ps. 6666th post :demon: :evil:

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
On the Fire Emblem front, that's a sound selection CD, not the full OST.

However, Fire Emblem OSTs have never been released in the West. You'll have to buy an import. I have the Fates and Awakening OSTs but I had to buy them through Ebay so Nintendo didn't make anything anyway. And as of now, I don't know of any official Three Houses OST being released.

I understand protecting your IP, and I understand that you're not obligated to release all your content, but what does this move accomplish if you've already chosen not to sell this music? What is there to gain? Someone saw and opportunity to fill a gap you left, and you shooed them away and unfilled the gap again for no purpose.
me: "damn it's nice to have all these songs in one place on youtube since i can't buy them anywhere else"
nintendo: takes everything down
me: "very well"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, the expectations placed upon it are essentially impossible to meet. People want to see a sequel that should have happened 15 years ago but will hold it up to modern high standards, despite many involved being dinosaurs within the industry. Its status as a Kickstarter project developed by an independent studio and published by Deep Silver with Sony's money leaves a lot of suspicion that there'll be cut corners and lack of polish.

I'll like it regardless as long as it finishes the story and has a whole bunch of inane frivolities and that Shenmue charm, but I can almost guarantee it'll underwhelm sheerly due to what it is and how gamers tend to have far too high of expectations.

Everything alright?
Hmm. With the exception of a few details. It sounds like you’re describing Yooka-Laylee.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

Anyways, carry on.

hey, I'm only barely 5'6 and probably not getting any taller so 5'9 is nothing but a dream for me

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
me: "damn it's nice to have all these songs in one place on youtube since i can't buy them anywhere else"
nintendo: takes everything down
me: "very well"
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if my Fire Emblem video got taken down for using in-game music for authenticity. Which I ripped off the OST I bought.

Like, there's a line between a fan using copyrighted content to make something new and someone just rereleasing copyrighted content as-is for their own benefit. The problem is that large companies don't see a line and treat both sides like criminals.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
sometimes when i get stressed or tired i retreat to my private discord server

1565734909182.png

i am the only person here

1565734923735.png

it is very peaceful

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Welp, I woke up and found out on the Falcom Discord that GilvaSunner got a ton of Nintendo songs blocked on copyright grounds and that Brawlbrstms3x got their channel terminated. Welp, guess that means folks are gonna have to update all the song links on TvTropes again.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Not sure what alt I should use when playing Joker...
I personally go with the black school alt most of the time.

Then again, I don’t play Joker that often so...

Anyways, carry on.

5’9 gang rise up.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

That said...

Because Nintendo is slow when it comes to providing content there is a very clear demand for (*cough* Nintendo Online Service *cough*).

From their perspective, they own the content and can remove it (and when it comes to copyright/trademark requirements, may feel forced to, to uphold their brand) and aren't obligated to provide a streamlined way to legally purchase their content. While it may not be something they're opposed to doing, it still would require effort and they don't prioritize it.

I feel their reactions are backwards thinking, but so is U.S. copyright/trademark law.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If Nintendo is going to take down all music uploads then they need to provide a legal way for people to listen/acquire them to counter the takedowns.

Because there's literally no other way to listen to them.

Also, it's now going to be harder for me to download Smash Ultimate's OST (Thankfully I got all of the previous Smash games).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom