• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I don't want any FE characters in the remaining DLC (including a hypothetical Pass 2) but would be okay if one got in for Smash 6

And no idea what that bird means - way too vague for any guess to seem anything but a stretch

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I miss having a dog in my life. It's just not been the same since I moved out of my parent's place.

I could really use the emotional support.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I miss having a dog in my life. It's just not been the same since I moved out of my parent's place.

I could really use the emotional support.
I feel you. School would be a lot easier if my cats were around.

I just have to spend as much time with them as possible when I have the chance.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
:ultpiranha:

Has spoken

But it's not for Smash

:sadsheep:

It's just Senran Kagura in that Blazblue crossover game.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I don't want any FE characters in the remaining DLC (including a hypothetical Pass 2) but would be okay if one got in for Smash 6

And no idea what that bird means - way too vague for any guess to seem anything but a stretch
I'm not taking that rumor seriously because of my personal distaste for hint leakers, but I feel like the best candidate for that is Phoenix Wright. There's not that many highly requested/marketed third party bird characters or characters with a bird for their name, and fits as a Capcom choice (I'd prefer Dante, personally). That being said, the person hasn't even clarified that it's about Smash--could be anything for all we know.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wow, well this would be very good emoting for a mannequin or perhaps a relatively expressive piece of wood.

Most peoples' genuine smiles amount to a little bit more than a face that says "How much longer am I going to have to act interested in this story". :p
I mean, the other character does comment that Byleth is quit emotionless, it is part of his/her character and the story what I mean.

(contrary to say, the protagonist of sun and moon, who should be more expressif judging what others say, yet, barely if not at all change their expressions most of the time)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not taking that rumor seriously because of my personal distaste for hint leakers, but I feel like the best candidate for that is Phoenix Wright. There's not that many highly requested/marketed third party bird characters or characters with a bird for their name, and fits as a Capcom choice (I'd prefer Dante, personally). That being said, the person hasn't even clarified that it's about Smash--could be anything for all we know.
Thing is, we don't even know if the bird is meant to be taken literally or figuratively.

It could as much point to Edelgard or Phoenix Wright as much as it could Geno or Jill Valentine(STARling)

.......or....Velvet Crowe.... but plz no

It's just too damn vague.

Hell, it could even reference that Japanese "Female fighting game leak" character with that SNK Loli who uses a hawk to attack(Ya I don't know her name).

My advice is it's fine to speculate on it, but to not assume it has anything to do with Smash at all, because as is, it's too open ended to even mean anything in the short term.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Thing is, we don't even know if the bird is meant to be taken literally or figuratively.

It could as much point to Edelgard or Phoenix Wright as much as it could Geno or Jill Valentine(STARling)

.......or....Velvet Crowe.... but plz no

It's just too damn vague.

Hell, it could even reference that Japanese "Female fighting game leak" character with that SNK Loli who uses a hawk to attack(Ya I don't know her name).
I'm just going off based on their previous image posts--I believe one was blue crab (ended up being Link's Awakening remake, I believe? Don't know the game so don't know the connection), and a bear/witch story book and taking it literally, as well as making it simpler to speculate about. I'd love it to be Geno, though, especially with his Mii costume now missing--I'd feel really bad for Geno fans if they didn't end up with their character in addition to that.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, it 99.9% isn't Geno, that much I'm willing to bet on.

If it is I'll be floored....... moreso that Square did literally anything.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Is this an image that the insider took themselves, or was it already available online? A Google reverse image search should answer this, though I don't have the image to hand.

Shroob

Sup?
Is this an image that the insider took themselves, or was it already available online? A Google reverse image search should answer this, though I don't have the image to hand.
It's been confirmed they took it themselves, but from what we know, we only know that:

Sabi says it's a hint

And to what, we have ZERO context.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Watch SE to get three fighters with a total of six characters and people still say they are more stingy than Bandai-Namco.

Shroob

Sup?
Watch SE to get three fighters with a total of six characters and people still say they are more stingy than Bandai-Namco.
Bandai-Namco's always come off as humble to me tbh.

I seriously doubt they'll give Geno up though, and if they do, it'll probably be the two songs again.

People point to the Beware the Forest Mushroom and Culex takedowns to mean something but, I can't imagine that the Culex Boss music would get in Smash, isn't that just literally repurposed FF4 boss music?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
It's been confirmed they took it themselves, but from what we know, we only know that:

Sabi says it's a hint

That they took it themselves makes me think that the Starling thing could be irrelevant (I mean, they could've specifically gone round their neighbourhood, hoping to spot a Starling - not that they're uncommon birds, mind - but it would have been less hassle to just use an image from Google)

It being a bird and it being on a roof/house seem to be the only salient points, if there are any to be gained from this super vague image

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

Sabi says it's a hint

in that case I don't think anyone should put any stock into the type of bird it is

Shroob

Sup?
That they took it themselves makes me think that the Starling thing could be irrelevant (I mean, they could've specifically gone round their neighbourhood, hoping to spot a Starling - not that they're uncommon birds, mind - but it would have been less hassle to just use an image from Google)

It being a bird and it being on a roof/house seem to be the only salient points, if there are any to be gained from this super vague image
Well then if you eliminate the bird's breed, then you're left with three constants.

There is a bird
The bird is black
There's a house/roof

If you were to ask me to put all three points together, I'd have a hard time pointing to anything BUT Edelgard, due to her being from House(Roof) Black(Color) Eagles(Bird).

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Heyo, just to lift up some discussion about Smash Ultimate. For some reason, the Result Screen is playable, like an map.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Like, there's a near infinite amount of questions we can ask.

Is the bird being on the house a hint? Because if it's not, why not take a picture of the bird in flight if the house wasn't important?

Is the bird's breed part of the hint?

Is the bird's color a hint?

Why not just get a picture off Google? Why take the hassle to take a picture yourself?

If not Smash, then what Nintendo game coming out could a bird tie to?

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice swears up and down it has nothing to do with Pokemon due to Sabi's disgust over the National Dex, so Corviknight seems unlikely, but could it be? Seems redundant since we know everything about Corviknight now, why leak something that's public knowledge?

Is it even Nintendo related?

If we're not getting a Direct until September at the earliest, why leak this now if it's related to Smash?

There's just too many ****ing "Why?"s.

If the Breed means nothing, and the House actually means something, then Edelgard seems the most 'likely' choice.

If it's 'just' the bird and the house is a coincidence, then it could mean a lot of things.

If **** like color and breed play into it then god damn we got a lot of ground to cover.

This is why this """"""""LEAK""""""" is frustrating. There's NOTHING we can gain from it due to how vague it is, but human nature causes it to eat at us because it'll be so ****ing obvious in hindsight. It's a hint, but as of this current time, it's a terrible hint.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyone else watching the P5R stream?

Some interesting stuff, I guess. There was a new trailer, and gameplay, and all that jazz.
Yep. I love the new character.

(and Mementos looks like less of a slog, thanks goodness)

D

Deleted member

I know who I want the main chatacter of the short film to be but 0 plot ideas. lol

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hey everyone, I'm glad to see that the thread is still doing well.

I'm still on a bit of a mental break, but I'm slowly coming out of it.

That's definitely tough. I'm sure he appreciates the fact that you'll miss him, though.
He's gonna be studying physical therapy. I'm pretty stoked for him.

D

Deleted member

:ultpiranha:

Has spoken

But it's not for Smash

:sadsheep:

It's just Senran Kagura in that Blazblue crossover game.
Cross-Tag Battle? I remember there were rumors about it. SK is pretty much a bland series but surprises me with the exposure it still has.
i know the geno discussion is over but this is still just so surreal

I think these pictures are funny, the only character with a consistent history in the speculation is Ridley.
Huh, never seen someone use the term "Big Four" before?
There wasn't, those are only used when people want to push someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Shouldn't you count Waluigi as well?
Aw crud, forgot about him...

In my defense, he's definitely newest of the bunch
I don't really count him since his popularity dwindled in the Smash 4 days from what I remember
Oh, it most certainly didn't.

There's a reason why he was one of the characters featured in the Grinch leak

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom