• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Although, one thing I just thought of is, if only one of the two Pokémon is Dynamaxed and the non-Dynamaxed Pokemon tries to do a physical attack, wouldn’t they have to go through the opposing trainer as they’d be standing directly in the way of the attack? Furthermore, that is the case in which the non-Dynamax using trainer would be much more in danger of getting hit by the other’s ginormous attacks.
Max Moves seem to be kind of similar to Z-Moves where physical and special attacks both get the same name and animations, while still being classified as physical or special.

D

Deleted member

I’m never satisfied with anything I create.

And yet I still put time and effort into memes.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Playin Banjo Kazooie

It’s pretty fun, though I keep trying to do motion controlled stuff like in Odyssey. I forget this is an old game.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Could be that the school outfit was added later, possibly in place of a Kasumi alt.
the sticking point for me is that kasumi as she's probably been for a while in royal's development doesn't work as a 1:1 copy/skin - she's got different general animations (not so much attack animations), a different all-out attack, a slightly different melee weapon, a slightly different gun, a slightly different persona, and bless attacks instead of curse. she works as a near-copy like ken, but not an exact copy, which is what makes me doubt she was in development as a hero-type skin (plus releasing in april makes very little sense for a kasumi skin).

the alternative is that joker had a kasumi-inspired skin (red hair/slightly different shade of clothes), but even that doesn't explain the ponytail.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I keep getting these dumbs ads.
6EC38AA9-6362-44E5-B3B2-604480BCFC91.jpeg
EF332521-6E2C-41DC-97D3-73B973445AAD.jpeg
Also, they poorly photoshopped Mario and Luigi’s eyes to be yellow and blueish grey for some shots but not all of them. It’s weird.

StormC

Smash Hero
the sticking point for me is that kasumi as she's probably been for a while in royal's development doesn't work as a 1:1 copy/skin - she's got different general animations (not so much attack animations), a different all-out attack, a slightly different melee weapon, a slightly different gun, a slightly different persona, and bless attacks instead of curse. she works as a near-copy like ken, but not an exact copy, which is what makes me doubt she was in development as a hero-type skin (plus releasing in april makes very little sense for a kasumi skin).

the alternative is that joker had a kasumi-inspired skin (red hair/slightly different shade of clothes), but even that doesn't explain the ponytail.
There's quite a lot of unknowns we are having difficulty accounting for, but the way the ponytail is coded into the game right now, it can only be an alt. Maybe they would use that as a basis to later develop an echo in the form of Kasumi, but right now, based off what we know, it is only an alt.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So I currently have 71 Jiggies in Banjo-Tooie, which is enough to challenge the final boss. This is my first time playing the game itself, but a friend of mine has said that I should go for all 90 rather than going straight for the final boss.

I wouldn't be torn on that, except for the fact that I have a LOT to get through for my backlog this Summer, and I've already spent quite a large amount of time collecting stuff in the game. I'm already over 10 hours.

Basically, do I go for the Final Boss later tonight or do I go all in and get 90 Jiggies on my first playthrough? Until I get other opinions I'm leaning towards just doing the Final Boss tonight, but I'm open to arguments for going 100%. I just want to know if it's really worth doing it or if it's just going to be an added few hours for a 20 second cutscene that I could have just watched on YouTube.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Fanon Haru:
097AE83E-AFD4-437E-9A9A-756869402318.jpeg
Canon Haru:
E58E6643-DA22-4683-91F4-52A9EE6F4317.png

Haru is one of the best P5 characters by far change my mind.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
So I currently have 71 Jiggies in Banjo-Tooie, which is enough to challenge the final boss. This is my first time playing the game itself, but a friend of mine has said that I should go for all 90 rather than going straight for the final boss.

I wouldn't be torn on that, except for the fact that I have a LOT to get through for my backlog this Summer, and I've already spent quite a large amount of time collecting stuff in the game. I'm already over 10 hours.

Basically, do I go for the Final Boss later tonight or do I go all in and get 90 Jiggies on my first playthrough? Until I get other opinions I'm leaning towards just doing the Final Boss tonight, but I'm open to arguments for going 100%. I just want to know if it's really worth doing it or if it's just going to be an added few hours for a 20 second cutscene that I could have just watched on YouTube.
Just do the final boss. Getting all the Jiggies is only really worth it if you enjoy doing it. There's no real reward for doing so.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
“The rest of the Phantom Thieves will be cut from the game so that we can focus on better Kasumi screen time improving the quality of Kasumi's animations. We hope you understand.”
Fixed it for you.

Does this constitute as dark humor?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Getting all the jiggies only makes the final fight easier. If you're that hard pressed for time to finish your backlog then just get the fight over with.

Potato_

Smash Lord
top 10 screentimes tragically murdered by kasumi in royal
>implying Kasumi won't be murdering everybody's screentime

Atlus are gonna ship her and joker hard and you're going to LIKE IT

Honestly though Haru's 100% gonna have more screentime in Royal compared to the original. I refuse to believe they'd show her so much in promo and not have her included more. Not to mention that "Haru no screentime lul" was a meme for a while.

she deserves it don't @ me

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
>implying Kasumi won't be murdering everybody's screentime

Atlus are gonna ship her and joker hard and you're going to LIKE IT

Honestly though Haru's 100% gonna have more screentime in Royal compared to the original. I refuse to believe they'd show her so much in promo and not have her included more.

she deserves it don't @ me
I would say haru deserves more screentime because of the charachters she's one of the ones who really needs more screen time cause she had none all she did was every once in a while say a nice thing to someone
Although more ryuiji can't hurt I can aleays go for more ryuiji

StormC

Smash Hero
My favorite part of Persona 5 is Haru saying "we started the Phantom Thieves to bring justice, but we lost sight of our goals" after you clear the fifth dungeon... which is Haru's introductory dungeon.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey y'all just came back from work. Taking it somewhat easy today compared to yesterday. Might go down to my house that I'll be moving into in September to help my dad with some stuff there though and maybe take the dogs down to the creek as usual but that's it.

On another note since my friend who wants to see the movie is out camping this week with his friends. I'm going to go see Crawl tomorrow. I plan to watch it again next week anyways with my friend when he gets back. My other friend might join us too.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I finished Act 1 of Metal Gear Solid 4. I'm liking the story of the game, though there are odd design choices, like making it so the radar and the rations take up the same slot. The rations are essential for me because they're basically a safety net - if my health runs out, then the rations will automatically be used. However, I need the radar (or the Solid Eye in general) to be able to tell where the enemies are.

I miss the Soliton Radar from Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2. At least in those games, it didn't take up a separate item slot, you could see what direction the enemies were facing, and you had access to it by default. Metal Gear Solid 3 had the same problem as MGS4 in that regard, but at least there, I was able to use the EZ Gun that boosted my camouflage rating and had a limitless suppressor. (I tried playing the game on a difficulty that didn't include the EZ Gun, but enemies were able to spot me when I wasn't moving and had 75 or 80% camo ratings)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I finished Act 1 of Metal Gear Solid 4. I'm liking the story of the game, though there are odd design choices, like making it so the radar and the rations take up the same slot. The rations are essential for me because they're basically a safety net - if my health runs out, then the rations will automatically be used. However, I need the radar (or the Solid Eye in general) to be able to tell where the enemies are.

I miss the Soliton Radar from Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2. At least in those games, it didn't take up a separate item slot, you could see what direction the enemies were facing, and you had access to it by default. Metal Gear Solid 3 had the same problem as MGS4 in that regard, but at least there, I was able to use the EZ Gun that boosted my camouflage rating and had a limitless suppressor. (I tried playing the game on a difficulty that didn't include the EZ Gun, but enemies were able to spot me when I wasn't moving and had 75 or 80% camo ratings)
Come on man, the EZ gun? That breaks the game into itty bitty pieces.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just waiting until we get the spiritual successor to these two.

Here's to hoping the fanservice isn't too obnoxious this time, although the design for female Byleth isn't too promising.
As others have said, what little fanservice there is is incredibly tame compared to Camilla. Manuela is the closest we have and she's almost not even comparable, since her whole thing is that she's an ex-opera star turned professor who worries her looks are going to fade before she finds someone.

And there are gems like this:

StormC

Smash Hero
Let the man play how he wants.

Personally I miss how in the first three MGS games you had one location that you gradually explored over time. None of the locations in MGS4 were especially memorable (except for Shadow Moses obviously) because you didn't get to be there for too long.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If it's a choice between that or getting spotted by enemies while I'm motionless and have a 70+% camo rating, then I'll take the less frustrating option.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom