• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
That's not true, he added Piranha Plant over shill picks like Chain Chomp.
Did you not see Mario Tennis Aces? Plant was the shill pick.

He’s an actual character with a deep, developed history and fandom though. So I’ll let it slide.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I swear to ****ing god, if Sakurai put Mario & Green Mario in Smash Ultimate as DLC, i'm ****ing done with franchise.
Y'know, I actually wouldn't mind seeing these two get in somehow.

I don't know what they'd be called though. "Mario and Luigi" sounds like a bad name for them, but that's literally the name of their series.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Can we talk about the real issue of Pokemon Sword and Shield? Why in the absolute **** do the trainers stand in the middle of the arena when two kaiju sized Pokemon are literally shooting beams of energy and creating massive debris in said arena... Like come on trainers, stand behind your giant as **** Pokemon at least...

That's the real animation issue and has bugged me since Dynamax was revealed lol.
Because if they stand behind them they can’t see the battle, their view would be blocked by their Pikachu’s giant ass.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I don't know what they'd be called though. "Mario and Luigi" sounds like a bad name for them, but that's literally the name of their series.
Call them Mario rpg

Or the Mario Bros

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I swear to ****ing god, if Sakurai put Mario & Green Mario in Smash Ultimate as DLC, i'm ****ing done with franchise.
You fools, thinking that emo, spiky haired dude from Final Fantasy VII could make it in to Smash. Isn't his game known for NOT being on Nintendo consoles! And we all know that Smash is a celebration of "Nintendo" history, right? Ha, you idiots, hurr durr...

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Are you planning to make them bigger? I don’t think they’d really look as good sized up next to the other characters as :ultolimar: does.
Yeah, probably. Same with Jerry. They would have to be bigger. Also, the more I think about it, the more I think they should be a single character, with half of the alts bring Chip and half being Dale.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I can't believe you idiots are having another Piranha Plant V.S. Chain Chomp argument AGAIN. Let's talk about something more intelligent, like Rabbids for Smash, or Spongebob.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can't believe you idiots are having another Piranha Plant V.S. Chain Chomp arguments AGAIN. Let's talk about something more intelligent, like Rabbids for Smash, or Spongebob.
Look all I’m saying is that even though Chain Chomp has one of the highest selling games of all time, Piranha Plant is a legend from the N64 era and deserves to be here too.

Potato_

Smash Lord
so there's a bunch of gameplay for Three Houses because review copies are flooding in

and uh

Claude this is a school environment you can't be this blunt about wanting to make out with your professor

Mario Bros. is the only real thing I could think of.

I would like them but I'd much prefer Paper Mario first.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You fools, thinking that emo, spiky haired dude from Final Fantasy VII could make it in to Smash. Isn't his game known for NOT being on Nintendo consoles! And we all know that Smash is a celebration of "Nintendo" history, right? Ha, you idiots, hurr durr...
Same with Erdrick. Dragon Quest has wacky cartoon mooks, why the hell would Sakurai add those protagonists that you play as the entire game? They are humans and humans are garbage.

Noipoi

Howdy!
so there's a bunch of gameplay for Three Houses because review copies are flooding in

and uh

Claude this is a school environment you can't be this blunt about wanting to make out with your professor
Claude I don’t swing that way

And if I did, why would I go for you when Wreck it Raphael is right there?

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I can't believe you idiots are having another Piranha Plant V.S. Chain Chomp argument AGAIN. Let's talk about something more intelligent, like Rabbids for Smash, or Spongebob.
Thats not a real argument we all know that both the rabbids and spongebob are the next two fighters on the DLC pass
but plant took chain chomps spot

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
3) Kasumi. It's not that I dislike Kasumi I'm just very confused on why people even want her in Smash when all we have to go off of is trailers and when Royale hasn't even been published in America yet I'd really prefer for people to actually play the game and see how good the character is before supporting them for Smash cause for all we know there may be some stupid twist with the character that ruins the character for everyone. That's really the only problem I have with Kasumi though, I just don't like how people can support a character without their game even being out yet.
begone from here with these silly facts and reasonable points

1562956396016.png

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

and uh

I'm just waiting until we get the spiritual successor to these two.

Here's to hoping the fanservice isn't too obnoxious this time, although the design for female Byleth isn't too promising.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Can we talk about the real issue of Pokemon Sword and Shield? Why in the absolute **** do the trainers stand in the middle of the arena when two kaiju sized Pokemon are literally shooting beams of energy and creating massive debris in said arena... Like come on trainers, stand behind your giant as **** Pokemon at least...

That's the real animation issue and has bugged me since Dynamax was revealed lol.
Like, to be fair, having them stand in front gives a sense of “Hey, look what I’ve got, say hello to my huge friend...!” Furthermore, they’d be so far away that you could barely see them if they were behind their Pokémon, and furthermore, I’d think the area behind the Pokémon would be more dangerous since many of their attacks are aimed toward the back of the arena and are thus shot over the middle.

Although, one thing I just thought of is, if only one of the two Pokémon is Dynamaxed and the non-Dynamaxed Pokemon tries to do a physical attack, wouldn’t they have to go through the opposing trainer as they’d be standing directly in the way of the attack? Furthermore, that is the case in which the non-Dynamax using trainer would be much more in danger of getting hit by the other’s ginormous attacks.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Here's to hoping the fanservice isn't too obnoxious this time, although the design for female Byleth isn't too promising.
Camilla’s a thot but you will NOT talk **** about Tharja

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

there seems to be relatively little fanservice in three houses compared to fates

we've seen what I assume are all the characters and none of them come close to camilla or tharja

Iridium

Smash Hero
I don't know how I'm not at 8,000 posts already.

Obviously a :ultbanjokazooie: echo.

Same with Erdrick. Dragon Quest has wacky cartoon mooks, why the hell would Sakurai add those protagonists that you play as the entire game? They are humans and humans are garbage.
The Miis feel a bit better for existing now.

Potato_

Smash Lord

So far there hasn't been anyone as egregious as those two. Manuela's kinda sultry but she's not downright insane like Tharja or obsessive like Camilla.

They seem to have really taken the creepy fanservice complaints to heart, with S supports only being possible after the timeskip and skinshipping being removed entirely.

but yeah I agree with the complaint about F Byleth's design, the leggings are real weird.

StormC

Smash Hero
whats even happening with kasumi

do we think she's in the game or not
I think she was considered as a costume to Joker but later scrapped when it was decided she would be too different. The way the code is laid out it's basically impossible for her to be anything but a costume. Joker has his hookshot in P5R, so they were already integrating elements from that game in Smash.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think she was considered as a costume to Joker but later scrapped when it was decided she would be too different. The way the code is laid out it's basically impossible for her to be anything but a costume. Joker has his hookshot in P5R, so they were already integrating elements from that game in Smash.
If that was the case tho, why didn’t Joker’s string reference his School Uniform alt?

D

Deleted member

Marvel hates the F4.

They totally wouldn't dedicate a whole week to them.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So far there hasn't been anyone as egregious as those two. Manuela's kinda sultry but she's not downright insane like Tharja or obsessive like Camilla.

They seem to have really taken the creepy fanservice complaints to heart, with S supports only being possible after the timeskip and skinshipping being removed entirely.

but yeah I agree with the complaint about F Byleth's design, the leggings are real weird.
I’m just hoping the characters aren’t too worshiping of Byleth

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
With Ultimate's focus on echo fighters, I doubt that she was planned to be a costume. That could still be the case, though.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Could be that the school outfit was added later, possibly in place of a Kasumi alt.
Doesn’t explain the “ponytail” still being there, tho. You’d think they’d scrub it

StormC

Smash Hero
Doesn’t explain the “ponytail” still being there, tho. You’d think they’d scrub it
Lots of junk gets left in games. Getting rid of data is not as easy as it seems. Just look at things like the Forbidden 7 in Brawl or the Rhythm Heaven logo in Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

Taking refuge is for cowards; gotta show your pokemon you're with them 100%!

“Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

D

Deleted member

Power Outage lol. Reposting this...

(This is funnier due to the fact that my boss is on vacation and this happening after my coworker left for the day)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom