• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is all the DLC we get for Ultimate. How do you react?

Bonus Character: Piranha Plant

Fighter Pass 1
  • Joker
  • The Hero
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Heihachi Mishima
  • Crash Bandicoot
Bonus Character: Geno

Fighter Pass 2
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Steve
  • Leon S. Kennedy/Jill Valentine (alt skins ala Robin)
  • Chell
  • Kratos
Bonus Character: Chorus Kids (Only Bonus Character with Stage)

Season 3
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Rayman
  • Vault Boy
  • Terry Bogard
  • Son Goku
There are some picks here I'd love, like Crash, Steve, Chell, and the Chorus Kids. Kratos is cool but I really can't see us getting him, especially not before Master Chief (since Microsoft already has connections here while Sony doesn't).

The third pass is pretty bad though, IMO. Ryu Hayabusa is the only one there that's even slightly exciting for me.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I've had doubts about it too. I bet they only animated that sonic for the scenes in the trailer.
Not too crazy to think of either, the Infinity War trailer animated Hulk in Wakanda despite him not appearing there in the actual movie. That’s a smaller scale example but movies are willing to do a lot of CGI work that will only be used in marketing

D

Deleted member

It's going pretty well. It's my birthday and I don't have to work today, so I'm hoping to just relax for the rest of the day.

Difficulty doesn't matter - you can still unlock stuff by playing on easy mode. That's what I did - I figured that the original Crash Bandicoot games were an indication of what Normal mode would be like, and since I've been struggling with 2/3 of them, I figure it's better for me if I just stick to easy mode.
Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
1. Sans. (already in Smash)
2. Bubsy.
3. Previously Slime because that would've meant no DQ hero.
i see what u did there
Anyway three characters I don’t want in Smash:
1. Bubsy

Uhhh that’s it for game characters I absolutely don’t want?? I’ll accept anyone else as long as one of either: Elma, KOS-MOS or a Tales of Rep gets in

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I don't know if I should buy Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 next week or just wait for Three Houses. Hmm...decisions, decisions.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
And they say God doesn't exist.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Random game, name 3 characters you do NOT want for Smash. The rules are...

1. Video game character.
2. No silly picks like Putt Putt or Pajama Sam.
Hopefully I can get through this without someone giving me a detailed essay on why my opinions are wrong.

(1) A Three Houses rep.

Let's be honest, this is the character most of us are mentally prepared for but don't really want. People are burnt out on both FE characters and swordfighters in general, so put them both together and it's easy to see why this probably wouldn't be a wise choice for DLC.

(2) Geno

I can understand why he's popular in his own game, but Smash has always been an enigma to me. The dude has a few cool attacks, sure, but there's nothing in his arsenal that would make me seriously consider supporting him in 2019 when he hasn't done squat (or at least anything notable) since his debut.

(3) Any niche third-party.

If we're gonna get a bunch of third-parties, can we at least stick with the more iconic options? Add Steve or a Fortnite rep for all I care. I just want someone who's unique and easy to identify.

D

Deleted member

Whenever someone enters a support thread to bash or rant about said character, I can only think about Green Goblin in Spider-Man 1.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Steven universe movie has a two year time skip! Steven is now 16 which is pretty neat

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

1. Video game character.
1. Indie character
2. Another Pokemon...that's a humanoid starter added without considering what's popular
3. Ninten

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman

1. Video game character.
1) Sylux. I still do not get why people seem to talk him up so much when he hasn't done a lot if anything within the Metroid series. "He'll be relevant later" isn't an excuse to push for someone who hasn't done anything if you want to push for him you do you but wait until he's actually done something.

2) A Pokemon rep from an unrepresented generation. Sure I get that you want to represent the entire Pokemon franchise and it's generations but there are other ways to do that beyond playable characters like Stages (Unova Pokemon League), Spirits and Pokeball Pokemon. Not every Pokemon could or even should be a playable character so I don't get why people want this to happen.

3) Kasumi. It's not that I dislike Kasumi I'm just very confused on why people even want her in Smash when all we have to go off of is trailers and when Royale hasn't even been published in America yet I'd really prefer for people to actually play the game and see how good the character is before supporting them for Smash cause for all we know there may be some stupid twist with the character that ruins the character for everyone. That's really the only problem I have with Kasumi though, I just don't like how people can support a character without their game even being out yet.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Megadoomer Megadoomer

View attachment 230999

Happy Birthday, you must have.

Or kill the orphans, I will.
I don't know whether to like this or not...

On an unrelated note, one thing that's interesting about Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3's DLC is that it will have additional story content. That wasn't the case with the previous Ultimate Alliance games (where the most you got was alternate dialogue when interacting with other characters, or different team-up bonuses), so that's a plus. I think I'll pick the game up, since I enjoyed MUA 1 and 2 and it's good to see the X-Men and Fantastic Four getting included in major Marvel releases, but I don't know if I'll do it right away. (I'm assuming it's a full price game, so $80 Canadian, which seems like a lot)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yo, I need two people to judge an animation of mine. (Just 3 secs.) If you’re interested PM me.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
3) Kasumi. It's not that I dislike Kasumi I'm just very confused on why people even want her in Smash when all we have to go off of is trailers and when Royale hasn't even been published in America yet I'd really prefer for people to actually play the game and see how good the character is before supporting them for Smash cause for all we know there may be some stupid twist with the character that ruins the character for everyone. That's really the only problem I have with Kasumi though, I just don't like how people can support a character without their game even being out yet.
As a Kasumi supporter, I can say that it's for several reasons. A new Persona rep would be nice, and Kasumi could make for an easy echo, and could represent P5R. The character also seems to have an interesting and nice personality based on the trailers. That's just my take on it, though. For all I know other people could want her in just because she's a cute girl. Not sure.

Noipoi

Howdy!

1. Video game character.
1. Joker.

Persona 5 is a niche game that no one cares about. Would people even know who he is? I bet not. Some trashy jrpg has no place in Super Smash Brothers, and we’re better off without another anime swordsmen. Good thing he’s so underground, because he’s never getting in.

2. A Dragon Quest Hero.

Good lord, if we get another anime swordsman I’m going to scream. Dragon quest may have a little fandom in Japan but everywhere else? Trash. This would be a huge waste of a slot, and I trust Sakurai not to make a terrible decision like this. Keep Goku away from Smash.

3. Banjo & Kazooie

Banjo & Kazooie are dead as dirt. They’re only remembered by boomers wearing nostalgia glasses and they have no place in Smash, especially when games such as Minecraft or Halo are available. Their games weren’t even good, Rare isn’t even good. And who needs more wacky cartoon characters in smash? I hate cereal mascots! Lucky for me, Sakurai is definitely going to make the right decision and leave the bear and bird out of Smash.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You're making a lot of assumptions. There's nothing says that the next movie will be completely about that reveal. For all we know, it'll just be a side plot.

Why not both?
I mean, I am watching both. But I haven’t been really able to get into a Marvel movie since I saw Aquaman

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
1. Joker.

Persona 5 is a niche game that no one cares about. Would people even know who he is? I bet not. Some trashy jrpg has no place in Super Smash Brothers, and we’re better off without another anime swordsmen. Good thing he’s so underground, because he’s never getting in.

2. A Dragon Quest Hero.

Good lord, if we get another anime swordsman I’m going to scream. Dragon quest may have a little fandom in Japan but everywhere else? Trash. This would be a huge waste of a slot, and I trust Sakurai not to make a terrible decision like this. Keep Goku away from Smash.

3. Banjo & Kazooie

Banjo & Kazooie are dead as dirt. They’re only remembered my boomers wearing nostalgia glasses and they have no place in Smash, especially when games such as Minecraft or Halo are available. Their games weren’t even good, Rare isn’t even good. And who needs more wacky cartoon characters in smash? I hate cereal mascots! Lucky for me, Sakurai is definitely going to make the right decision and leave the bear and bird out of Smash.
God bless Sakurai for not putting these **** picks in the game.

D

Deleted member

1. Joker.

2. A Dragon Quest Hero.

3. Banjo & Kazooie

Banjo & Kazooie are dead as dirt. They’re only remembered my boomers wearing nostalgia glasses and they have no place in Smash, especially when games such as Minecraft or Halo are available. Their games weren’t even good, Rare isn’t even good. And who needs more wacky cartoon characters in smash? I hate cereal mascots! Lucky for me, Sakurai is definitely going to make the right decision and leave the bear and bird out of Smash.
imagine if they were in smash hahahahaha thatd be so stupid

StormC

Smash Hero
1. Joker.

2. A Dragon Quest Hero.

3. Banjo & Kazooie

Good thing Nintendo is picking the characters. Looking forward to a Three Houses character!

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
1. Joker.

2. A Dragon Quest Hero.

3. Banjo & Kazooie

Yeah I'm so thankful they chose different Square reps like Geno or Sora! And they even added Steve that's even better!
I joke but I just want Geno in Smash man... I know it's too late now. He's dead. He probably always will be.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I swear to ****ing god, if Sakurai put Mario & Green Mario in Smash Ultimate as DLC, i'm ****ing done with franchise.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Can we talk about the real issue of Pokemon Sword and Shield? Why in the absolute **** do the trainers stand in the middle of the arena when two kaiju sized Pokemon are literally shooting beams of energy and creating massive debris in said arena... Like come on trainers, stand behind your giant as **** Pokemon at least...

That's the real animation issue and has bugged me since Dynamax was revealed lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom