• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Thinking about Far From Home while eating at a restaurant, again.

We'll see if Hero releases during the weekend.
Yeah, I saw. It's really cool to see how important the movie is to ya. Movies that are easily relatable and inspire us are something special.
I’m doing good.
There’s now a support thread for a character I voice, so I am pretty happy in that regard.
And which character would that be?

D

Deleted member

Loss of hope, I guess?
I've been there during the months before June.

Trust me, it may be hard to deal with and things may not look bright... But with enough strength and patience you will get out of whatever troubles you may be finding.

Time puts things into place.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
he held me at gunpoint
Huh?
Yeah, I saw. It's really cool to see how important the movie is to ya. Movies that are easily relatable and inspire us are something special.

And which character would that be?
The lad in my profile picture. This is the game in question.
I’m just now realizing that there is a typo in the thumbnail. Then again, English isn’t his first language.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I can't really see a Fighter Pass 3 happening, 2 is probably the most we will get.

If I had to guess/hope, this is how it would go:

Last 2 in Fighter Pass 1
Agumon
Phoenix Wright

Fighter Pass 2
Rayman
Shantae
Cuphead
Ryu Hayabusa
Morrigan

D

Deleted member

I’ll probably post a WIP on the animation once I get finished with “OPEN UP!”

D

Deleted member

Hoping that you have a chill and calm day!
Thanks but pretty much pretty much I think chill and calm doesn't go with my job. At least it gives me an excuse to pose this_is_fine.jpg as how my day goes normally.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I can’t believe I’m using the Sonic movie trailer as refrence
"Ironic"- Palpatine, me.

Although, since Paramount said Sonic was getting a total makeover due to fan backlash, I'm cautiously optimistic for the new design.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Not as scary as the fact that one of the Freddy versions voice was originally inspired by the TF2 medic before it was changed.
Wait...

Ok... what?

"Ironic"- Palpatine, me.

Although, since Paramount said Sonic was getting a total makeover due to fan backlash, I'm cautiously optimistic for the new design.
They really should have used this design.
1562941016854.png

It feels like a proper live action Sonic and not an eldritch abomination.

D

Deleted member

Yo, I may stream me animating “Uh.... Meow?” Would anyone want to watch that?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I was thinking about this earlier, I'd love to see a Smash type game that crosses over cartoon characters from all the diffdrent companies and studios. Say it had 50 characters, who would you choose?

1. Mickey Mouse
2. Donald Duck
3. Goofy
4. Minnie Mouse
5. Darkwing Duck
6. Scrooge McDuck
7. Chip
8. Dale
9. Pete
10. Huey/Dewey/Louie
11. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
12. Bugs Bunny
13. Daffy Duck
14. Taz
15. Sylvester & Tweety
16. Wile E. Coyote (Roadrunner would be part of his moveset)
17. Elmer Fudd
18. Marvin the Martian
19. Yosemite Sam
20. Lola Bunny
21. Porky Pig
22. Scooby-Doo
23. Popeye
24. Felix the Cat
25. Tom
26. Jerry
27. Rocky
28. Bullwinkle
29. Boris
30. Natasha
31. Betty Boop
32. Woody Woodpecker
33. Pink Panther
34. Yogi Bear
35. Courage the Cowardly Dog
36. Dexter
37. Dee Dee
38. Tommy Pickles
39. Angelina Pickles
40. Spongebob Squarepants
41. Patrick Star
42. Blossom
43. Bubbles
44. Buttercup
45. Mojojojo
46. Timmy Turner (with Cosmo & Wanda)
47. Danny Phantom
48. Finn
49. Jake
50. Denver the Last Dinosaur

DLC
Marceline
Buster & Babs
Pinkie and the Brain
Johnny Bravo
Kim Possible
Phineas & Ferb
Monterey Jack
60s Spider-Man
90s Batman

I wanted to stick to only characters from shows, including movie characters would make this way harder.
I'm also sure I missed a lot of important characters, but I'm interested in who other people would choose.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was thinking about this earlier, I'd love to see a Smash type game that crosses over cartoon characters from all the diffdrent companies and studios. Say it had 50 characters, who would you choose?

1. Mickey Mouse
2. Donald Duck
3. Goofy
4. Minnie Mouse
5. Darkwing Duck
6. Scrooge McDuck
7. Chip
8. Dale
9. Pete
10. Huey/Dewey/Louie
11. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
12. Bugs Bunny
13. Daffy Duck
14. Taz
15. Sylvester & Tweety
16. Wile E. Coyote (Roadrunner would be part of his moveset)
17. Elmer Fudd
18. Marvin the Martian
19. Yosemite Sam
20. Lola Bunny
21. Porky Pig
22. Scooby-Doo
23. Popeye
24. Felix the Cat
25. Tom
26. Jerry
27. Rocky
28. Bullwinkle
29. Boris
30. Natasha
31. Betty Boop
32. Woody Woodpecker
33. Pink Panther
34. Yogi Bear
35. Courage the Cowardly Dog
36. Dexter
37. Dee Dee
38. Tommy Pickles
39. Angelina Pickles
40. Spongebob Squarepants
41. Patrick Star
42. Blossom
43. Bubbles
44. Buttercup
45. Mojojojo
46. Timmy Turner (with Cosmo & Wanda)
47. Danny Phantom
48. Finn
49. Jake
50. Denver the Last Dinosaur

DLC
Marceline
Buster & Babs
Pinkie and the Brain
Johnny Bravo
Kim Possible
Phineas & Ferb
Monterey Jack
60s Spider-Man
90s Batman

I wanted to stick to only characters from shows, including movie characters would make this way harder.
I'm also sure I missed a lot of important characters, but I'm interested in who other people would choose.
I'd keep your roster, but add the Animaniacs (A 3 way character like Pokemon Trainer) in the base game and put Darkwing Duck as a DLC character.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I'd keep your roster, but add the Animaniacs (A 3 way character like Pokemon Trainer) in the base game and put Darkwing Duck as a DLC character.
I can't believe I forgot the Animaniacs!

I think it would be better to switch out a Warner Bros character for them though, I was trying to stick to the Roger Rabbit rule of equal representation for Disney and Warner.

I also disagree on moving Darkwing to DLC because he's my favourite haha.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I got Crash Team Racing yesterday, and let me tell, while the game is ridiculously fun, Adventure mode sucks. Seriously. The only way to advance to the next race in Adventure mode is to actually win, no finishing 3rd or even second. It's win, no other option, and unfortunately, once you get to Sewer Speedway, you'll never be able to get past Sewer Speedway because the other racers are way too fast and drive with absolute perfection every single time. And Adventure mode is the only way to unlock characters....I'd rather pay to get the characters, because that would save me of my sanity.

D

Deleted member

I got Crash Team Racing yesterday, and let me tell, while the game is ridiculously fun, Adventure mode sucks. Seriously. The only way to advance to the next race in Adventure mode is to actually win, no finishing 3rd or even second. It's win, no other option, and unfortunately, once you get to Sewer Speedway, you'll never be able to get past Sewer Speedway because the other racers are way too fast and drive with absolute perfection every single time. And Adventure mode is the only way to unlock characters....I'd rather pay to get the characters, because that would save me of my sanity.
What?

Sewer Speedway is easy if you understand the controls pretty well.

Pinstripe’s track on the other hand...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Not to bad, getting ready for going to work.
Hoping you the best, pal.

For me, work is finally done! Summer vacation here I come!
5e6.gif

MOVING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOooooooOOOOOOoooooooouuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNnnnnnddddddddddddddddddddddddd..................................

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hoping you the best, pal.

For me, work is finally done! Summer vacation here I come!
View attachment 230989
MOVING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOooooooOOOOOOoooooooouuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNnnnnnddddddddddddddddddddddddd..................................
Eggman making random ****posts circa 2019.
1562943140028.png

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Morning, social. How's it going?
It's going pretty well. It's my birthday and I don't have to work today, so I'm hoping to just relax for the rest of the day.

Difficulty doesn't matter - you can still unlock stuff by playing on easy mode. That's what I did - I figured that the original Crash Bandicoot games were an indication of what Normal mode would be like, and since I've been struggling with 2/3 of them, I figure it's better for me if I just stick to easy mode.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Maybe I’m just wearing a tinfoil hat, but part of me feels like this redesign was the marketing ploy all along. Movies can spend roughly 50% of their budgets on marketing, I wouldn’t be surprised if the trailer Sonic design was never intended to be in the movie in the first place.

1. Make a terrible looking Sonic to get people outraged and to talk about your movie, AKA free advertising. Bad exposure is still exposure.
2. Now that you have everybody’s attention, announce that you are going to listen to the fans and give him a makeover. This renews the faith in the movie and people are still talking about the movie, so we now have neutral to positive exposure.

I could be wrong and the studio could have thought that the design was good, but either way intentional or not, the Sonic trailer design has given this movie so much free advertising by people talking about it, making memes, etc.

D

Deleted member

Guys.

The body movement actually looks smooth.

It works super well with the head movement.

Gah, I hate this.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Maybe I’m just wearing a tinfoil hat, but part of me feels like this redesign was the marketing ploy all along. Movies can spend roughly 50% of their budgets on marketing, I wouldn’t be surprised if the trailer Sonic design was never intended to be in the movie in the first place.

1. Make a terrible looking Sonic to get people outraged and to talk about your movie, AKA free advertising. Bad exposure is still exposure.
2. Now that you have everybody’s attention, announce that you are going to listen to the fans and give him a makeover. This renews the faith in the movie and people are still talking about the movie, so we now have neutral to positive exposure.

I could be wrong and the studio could have thought that the design was good, but either way intentional or not, the Sonic trailer design has given this movie so much free advertising by people talking about it, making memes, etc.
I've had doubts about it too. I bet they only animated that sonic for the scenes in the trailer.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
It's going pretty well. It's my birthday and I don't have to work today, so I'm hoping to just relax for the rest of the day.

Difficulty doesn't matter - you can still unlock stuff by playing on easy mode. That's what I did - I figured that the original Crash Bandicoot games were an indication of what Normal mode would be like, and since I've been struggling with 2/3 of them, I figure it's better for me if I just stick to easy mode.
Happy birthday one who brings doom of the mega variety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom