• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a topic, what 3rd party series do you think would work with a stage but not a character.

I'm gonna go for a long, possibly meme shot from the start with Five Nights at Freddy's. The stage is fighting on the desk and you can hit the buttons to shut the doors but if one of the the animatronics appears it causes massive damage to whoever's on that side of the stage.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Here's a topic, what 3rd party series do you think would work with a stage but not a character.

I'm gonna go for a long, possibly meme shot from the start with Five Nights at Freddy's. The stage is fighting on the desk and you can hit the buttons to shut the doors but if one of the the animatronics appears it causes massive damage to whoever's on that side of the stage.
No no stage nor character thank you

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Oh ****, did I legit miss you?
View attachment 230932
If it's Switch FCs, then you did not miss me, as I haven't actually sent one. It took me a while to realize that that was what you were talking about. Friends, not follows, my b. However, it looks like I'm obligated to go get my Switch and send you one right now.

Looks like Mario made a big mistake-y

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Civilization could have a really neat stage, but y'know, not really seeing the potential in a nuke-based Gandhi moveset.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I'd say Tetris. It's iconic, everyone knows what it is, and it's arguably the king of puzzle video games.

I'm just not sold on Tetris Block as a character. I know it could work, but I feel like we're kinda pushing things if he does get in.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Its 3:00 AM late at night you are getting out of your bed to get some midnight snack while you go downstairs you see a mysterious figure with a long hair
In the shadow of your living room you go to the living room it dissappears while you go to your kitchen you hear a strange voice a japanese voice but translated in english while you head to your kitchen and get your chicken wings you see a shadowey figure behind you holding the a mysterious glowing orb
then they break it and they start glowing they approach infront of you it turns out its masahiro sakurai and continue the story
(Just wanted to make a story)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

so

i finally found out how to open the hat in time files

i open a model

what do i see

a cube

i open another

a cube

i open another

nothing

when does the pain end

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Been playing dq 3 and uhhhh wanting some ice cream
Which flavor? There are many wonderful flavors.
Its 3:00 AM late at night you are getting out of your bed to get some midnight snack while you go downstairs you see a mysterious figure with a long hair
In the shadow of your living room you go to the living room it dissappears while you go to your kitchen you hear a strange voice a japanese voice but translated in english while you head to your kitchen and get your chicken wings you see a shadowey figure behind you holding the a mysterious glowing orb
then they break it and they start glowing they approach infront of you it turns out its masahiro sakurai and continue the story
Not gonna lie, I thought of the Grudge girl first but the Sakurai twist made me chuckle a bit.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Tetris alone always gave me this impression. I guess Minesweeper too? There's quite a few that barely has a visible character that is workable in the context of Smash. You can easily do some pretty crazy stuff, but it's still important they can properly jump, recover, and grab items. If you have that, you got a good start already.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm kinda curious, what's a really underrated indie game that you all like?
Not quite Indie, but Strider 2014 is a great game that I'd be happy to see more people dap up.

If your looking for something to play, I hear a game called Aces High(I think that's the name)is pretty good, but doesn't get a ton of attention.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Yo, have you been to Forum Games yet? If you want to do more of this stuff, we have a whole section of things.

I mean, I know that you have (that was where you had your first few posts, right?), but you should post a thread there if you really want to make a story your way.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Yo, have you been to Forum Games yet? If you want to do more of this stuff, we have a whole section of things.

I mean, I know that you have (that was where you had your first few posts, right?), but you should post a thread there if you really want to make a story your way.
Yeah I just gave a sample of it il make more of it in the forum games

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Tetris Stage. Send my check in the mail.

Also, Space Invaders could work as a stage of sorts too.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
so

i finally found out how to open the hat in time files

i open a model

what do i see

a cube

i open another

a cube

i open another

nothing

when does the pain end
You open another of the Hat in Time files, and then suddenly

I had an idea for a stage
Virtual boy
Hm, could be interesting. How would it work?

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Want to know what would be even better? A Hunger Games simulator. You may volunteer up to 1 other user on the site. I will be fully customizing all of the events/ways to die. I won't run it until the weekend, and I'll be posting the days every hour. Ready: signup!

Also tag me because I won't be on the site for a few.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've never considered a Minesweeper stage ever due to it's bird's eye perspective, how would that work? I'm actually really curious because this sounds like it could be really unique (and how would an Ω stage work)?
One of those gimmicky stages that you could set off a bomb at any moment, but maybe some spots could just temp stun you.

...I didn't think it out. It was just on my mind for something that only could work for a stage, due to lacking anything remotely close to a "character" alone. Tetris has more of a character to use.

D

Deleted member

This actually not only lets me open models, but animations as well, so if I can get it working I'll show you you the animation.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112

It would be in a 3d platform
Read and black afcourse because virtual boy
The platform would change into that one game were you play as mario throwing koopa shells at boos you have to avoid mario throwing koopa shells at you
Then it would be that robot boxing game were you have to avoid the robot punching you
I am trying to think of a better way for hazards

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Want to know what would be even better? A Hunger Games simulator. You may volunteer up to 1 other user on the site. I will be fully customizing all of the events/ways to die. I won't run it until the weekend, and I'll be posting the days every hour. Ready: signup!

Sign me up and make sure my dude KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms is in there. I wanna see how he reacts to frozen lake deaths again. :p

D

Deleted member

GUYS THE LIVING ROOM AND THE RESULTS SCREEN FROM SSBU JUST WENT UP ON MODELERS RESOURCE

So....

If I get the models working....

Maybe expect some fanmade victory animations for Hat Kid? :o

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Put me in there chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom