• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
staindgrey staindgrey Found this fan creation on r/zelda. To buy, or not to buy?

Source as always is here.

Nintendo might be sleeping on the market here.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
In making a script for my Awakening parody, I keep trying to think of how to make something similar for Fates and the ideas just aren't coming to me.

Like, I can't think of a premise that's unexpected. Nothing comes to mind but making fun of how terribly written Corrin is, and that's just blah.

I have a bad habit of thinking ahead before I'm finished with what I'm working on right now. :glare:

D

Deleted member

In making a script for my Awakening parody, I keep trying to think of how to make something similar for Fates and the ideas just aren't coming to me.

Like, I can't think of a premise that's unexpected. Nothing comes to mind but making fun of how terribly written Corrin is, and that's just blah.

I have a bad habit of thinking ahead before I'm finished with what I'm working on right now. :glare:
Try to write something about how Lucina clearly isn’t Marth even with the disguise.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Try to write something about how Lucina clearly isn’t Marth even with the disguise.
Wrong game, bud. I already wrote that one. ;)

And hopefully I'll have that video out before Three Houses comes out.

D

Deleted member

so i know like little to nothing about fe but im gonna throw some words in anyway

If you want a parody, then try taking specific scenes and thinking, “How can I make this funny?” Don’t be afraid to stray a tad from the original. Also don’t be afraid to get some thoughts from friends and family.

You most likely know all this already, so my apologies if you already do.

D

Deleted member

ok real talk here

I’m trying to port A Hat in Time models to Blender using UModel and it is actually killing me. Does anyone know anyone experienced with Umodel? I’m gonna guess no, but no harm in asking.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I still remember when you were the Midna guy of the thread. And that avatar.
I love that avatar. Shame he doesn't used it anymore.

Try watching interviews from comedians and what not. Pretty much all of them will have a question about their inspiration for humor.

we were all different people back then

View attachment 230898

it was a more innocent time
ong live the king.

Classic hair censoring.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Today I auditioned for a suave, smooth, british villain.

It isn’t Wheatley.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
so i know like little to nothing about fe but im gonna throw some words in anyway

If you want a parody, then try taking specific scenes and thinking, “How can I make this funny?” Don’t be afraid to stray a tad from the original. Also don’t be afraid to get some thoughts from friends and family.

You most likely know all this already, so my apologies if you already do.
Still doesn't hurt to hear it.

If the Awakening video is a hit and people like the setup, my plan is to one day make a followup using Fates, then SoV, then past FE games. Any of them that use sprites so it's easier for me to make myself.

I figured I could whip up an idea for Fates in my down time, but there's no core premise coming to mind. With Awakening, I found the premise easily and structured every event and joke around that-- it's essentially a condensed, nonsensical story that exaggerates the distinct traits of each character while staying true to the events of the actual game. For Fates, it's almost like there are too many characters and not enough of a thematic element tying them together besides Corrin-- and Corrin as a character is too easy to make fun of. In my mind, having every character fight over Corrin/with each other gets old fast.

The easiest scene to do is the field where Corrin makes her decision. Or the Opera House, where Azura puts on different colored clothes and everyone ceases to know she exists. So I'm concentrating my efforts on those but the outlines I'm making aren't charming or funny. They feel like bland internet humor.

azura_glare.jpg

I can do this.

D

Deleted member

If the Awakening video is a hit and people like the setup, my plan is to one day make a followup using Fates, then SoV, then past FE games. Any of them that use sprites so it's easier for me to make myself.

I figured I could whip up an idea for Fates in my down time, but there's no core premise coming to mind. With Awakening, I found the premise easily and structured every event and joke around that-- it's essentially a condensed, nonsensical story that exaggerates the distinct traits of each character while staying true to the events of the actual game. For Fates, it's almost like there are too many characters and not enough of a thematic element tying them together besides Corrin-- and Corrin as a character is too easy to make fun of. In my mind, having every character fight over Corrin/with each other gets old fast.

The easiest scene to do is the field where Corrin makes her decision. Or the Opera House, where Azura puts on different colored clothes and everyone ceases to know she exists. So I'm concentrating my efforts on those but the outlines I'm making aren't charming or funny. They feel like bland internet humor.

View attachment 230899

I can do this.
You've done a lot of amazing stuff before already.

So I'm deeply sure you can also do the Fates video.

You already have my view for the Awakening one.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 230899

I can do this.
That’s the spirit! :)

Also, I totally relate to not having a premise in your mind. I want to make voice over videos on YT but have -1 ideas. It’s an absolute pain. lol I’m confident you’ll find something that works, though. You clearly have a good mindset. :p

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I still remember when you were the Midna guy of the thread. And that one avatar.

Times changed.
Pft, before that I was the Daisy guy. Then Daisy got in the game and played exactly like Peach so I jumped ship.

Honestly I just love Azura's design despite her games being terrible. I kind of attached myself to it to have a "thing", because otherwise I'll just change my avatar every few days because I have too many favorite things. I envy people like you that can stay more consistent in how you present yourself.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I sometimes wish I wasn't known as the F4 guy here.

While it is true that I deeply enjoy the First Family, I honestly love Crash, Metroid, Godzilla and Dragon Quest as much as them. And I wish to some extent that I was also known for those.

I sadly also fear that the title does make people remember my dark ages here.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Pft, before that I was the Daisy guy. Then Daisy got in the game and played exactly like Peach so I jumped ship.

Honestly I just love Azura's design despite her games being terrible. I kind of attached myself to it to have a "thing", because otherwise I'll just change my avatar every few days because I have too many favorite things. I envy people like you that can stay more consistent in how you present yourself.
This is me in a nutshell. First I was the Spider-Ham guy. Then the Morgana guy. Now the Shantae guy. I somehow keep finding characters I like more than the previous one.

D

Deleted member

Is there a way to change your username here?

Hahah, can’t blame ya. I kinda relate to that. I used to want to do gamedev, music, be a Disney World employee, a puppeteer, and probably more. I’m currently doing voice over and animation on the side. Don’t know about animation yet, but voice over is totally for me. It’s a blast, and I’ve met so many nice people and had so many opportunities through it.

That doesn’t mean I regret my other experiences, though. I learned a lot from those as well.

Of course, we’re talking about favorite characters, but changing things isn’t bad. You get more experiences that may help you out later. :p

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Who else is gonna buy the full Ultimate banner and frame it in their room once the last 2 DLC characters are revealed?

unless season 2 gets announced

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And I'm still the Gardevoir guy.
Yay for consistency.

D

Deleted member

This is me in a nutshell. First I was the Spider-Ham guy. Then the Morgana guy. Now the Shantae guy. I somehow keep finding characters I like more than the previous one.
I would honestly do the same as you to stay far away from the "F4 guy" title.

That thing just does bring people awful memories of my past here.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Who else is gonna buy the full Ultimate banner and frame it in their room once the last 2 DLC characters are revealed?

unless season 2 gets announced
Depends on who's on it. Probably won't frame it in my room but i might use it as my pc's wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom