• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
for what it's worth, as the resident bravely stan octopath was a huge disappointment for me

class/cheese experimentation is non-existent due to how rigid its design is, the story is passable at best, and every chapter is structured the exact same way so it becomes very grating very fast once you recognize the pattern

only thing it did for me was make me want bravely third to come out even sooner
So what you're saying is that Bravely Default gets even more ridiculous in terms of class combinations? That's good to know - I liked how crazy things could get with Octopath's classes (such as combining one of the bonus classes with Merchant to make it so every character in the party followed up their attacks with hard-hitting elemental attacks).

For Bravely Second, do I need to have played the first one to understand what's going on, or is each one a standalone game like Final Fantasy, most Dragon Quests, Persona (at least by my understanding), etc.?

D

Deleted member

Y’all ever just trying to port some models and you’re actually screaming on the inside.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I just realized that my Shantae video has even more issues and now I have to fix it or it is going to bug me forever.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just not spam that much and calmly ask for it just like we did with playing with friends feature in smm2.
If people let up on it then the movement wouldn't be as effective, as it would show complacency. The difference between this and Mario Maker is that while the reaction caused Nintendo to come out and say they were fixing it, GameFreak instead doubled down on their stance.

Just because it's made through social media, doesn't mean criticism itself is well and just.

Spamming #BringBackNationalDex at every remotely Pokemon related thing or attacking at individuals while you have a problem with a company isn't what I consider constructive and effective methods of expressing your problems.
I would absolutely call the first one constructive. It shows that the brand is damaged in the eyes of many people, which should be a big wake up call.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
How else are people supposed to air their grievances if not through social media? In this day and age that's far and away the most effective method.
I recommend wallets.

Yeah because making fake **** accusations and death threats are totally airing your grievances.
Let's not let this develop into something bigger, guys. Keep the conversation level headed.

D

Deleted member

When you do a voice for a character and the comments are nothing but lure positivity and everyone enjoys it.
1562871696772.jpeg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah because making fake **** accusations and death threats are totally airing your grievances.
Literally one guy but go off I guess. :rolleyes:

I recommend wallets.

Let's not let this develop into something bigger, guys. Keep the conversation level headed.
Absolutely, but social media will only get more people to vote with their wallets. That's why if I ever get the game, I'm buying it used.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I recommend wallets.

I would argue that is level headed. Because that's literally the biggest things coming from those spamming twitter. Mostly death threats, and a lot of unnecessary spamming for bringing the national dex back. I wasn't raising tensions, I was stating the actual fakes of some of the **** going on. You can't argue that its ok to spam the hastag and then ignore that this is part of the spamming. Its not acceptable by the community at all.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
for what it's worth, as the resident bravely stan octopath was a huge disappointment for me

class/cheese experimentation is non-existent due to how rigid its design is, the story is passable at best, and every chapter is structured the exact same way so it becomes very grating very fast once you recognize the pattern

only thing it did for me was make me want bravely third to come out even sooner
I feel that. Crimson Dragon was supposed to be the Microsoft exclusive Panzer Dragoon "spiritual successor" so I bought it immediately. But all it did was remind me of everything Panzer Dragoon did great by comparison; it was like driving a Geo Metro you expected to be a Porsche.

It's almost somehow worse than not having anything at all.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Is Twitter ****ed for anyone else?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Literally one guy but go off I guess. :rolleyes:

Absolutely, but social media will only get more people to vote with their wallets. That's why if I ever get the game, I'm buying it used.
for the former, yes it was one guy, doesn't excuse it though.

For the later I've seen quite a few death threats thrown out there. That shouldn't be accepted whatsoever. There's healthily stating your opinions, then there's going overboard. And the community is going overboard quite a bit.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Tbh the only Sw/Sh thing that truly rubs me the wrong way is the pre-order exclusive stuff.

But to be fair, it’s very minor. I could care less about the graphics or animations, even if it seems weird with what Masuda said, and I usually just use what the regions have and get my favorites like Pikachu (sadly I can’t get Gengar on Switch due to the dumb trade evolution method...unless one of y’all want to help me :094:). I still think it’s weird and understand where people are coming from, but it’s just meh to me.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
*Logs into PSN to check out some games*

*sees that SkullGirls: 2nd Encore, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Psychonauts, Destroy All Humans, and Destroy All Humans 2 Are all on sale*

Me: Goodbye, wallet. :lol:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Tbh the only Sw/Sh thing that truly rubs me the wrong way is the pre-order exclusive stuff.

But to be fair, it’s very minor. I could care less about the graphics or animations, even if it seems weird with what Masuda said. I still think it’s weird and understand where people are coming from, but it’s just meh to me.
If the art book is pre order exclusive I’m gonna be pissed

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I feel that. Crimson Dragon was supposed to be the Microsoft exclusive Panzer Dragoon "spiritual successor" so I bought it immediately. But all it did was remind me of everything Panzer Dragoon did great by comparison; it was like driving a Geo Metro you expected to be a Porsche.

It's almost somehow worse than not having anything at all.
Isn't a Panzer remake coming out? It looks super cool.

If the art book is pre order exclusive I’m gonna be pissed
I wouldn't be surprised to see it on Ebay for pretty cheap afterwards, if so.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I would argue that is level headed. Because that's literally the biggest things coming from those spamming twitter. Mostly death threats, and a lot of unnecessary spamming for bringing the national dex back. I wasn't raising tensions, I was stating the actual fakes of some of the **** going on. You can't argue that its ok to spam the hastag and then ignore that this is part of the spamming. Its not acceptable by the community at all.
But you phrased it as an absolute. It reads as if everyone is making death threats and thus belittles everyone in the movement. Or whatever we're calling it.

I have no horse in this race. I don't care about the National Dex. I think people often jump to conclusions about game development when they don't know nearly as much about it as they think, and I think that behind the wall of anonymity that is social media people get far more heated and abrasive. It's why I choose not to use it much at all.

All I'm asking is that on this forum we scale back rhetoric and try not to make absolute statements that will undoubtedly get a not-so-positive response. But you're right. Death threats and the like-- over a videogame, no less-- are not okay in any context. And the people who are doing as much need their parents to see the tweets and do some goddamn parenting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
for the former, yes it was one guy, doesn't excuse it though.

For the later I've seen quite a few death threats thrown out there. That shouldn't be accepted whatsoever. There's healthily stating your opinions, then there's going overboard. And the community is going overboard quite a bit.
Your issue is painting those people as "the community" in a veiled attempt to discredit the movement. To use an apolitical example (because there's a myriad of real world political cases I could use as an example but lol thread rules), it's like when the Waluigi fanbase was painted as being unhinged and sociopathic due to the actions of one guy. If you end up believing it's representative of the movement as a whole, you've fallen for propaganda pushed by people who only pretend to care about the supposed victims out of convenience for their position.

Always be mindful of these things.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

But to be fair, it’s very minor. I could care less about the graphics or animations, even if it seems weird with what Masuda said. I still think it’s weird and understand where people are coming from, but it’s just meh to me.
The United States has been getting pretty dumb pre orders for the franchise these past few gens. The last cool one I remember was the exclusive Origin Form Giratina figure with Platinum which I have somewhere still, but I think its wings broke over the years sadly.
But you phrased it as an absolute. It reads as if everyone is making death threats and thus belittles everyone in the movement. Or whatever we're calling it.

I have no horse in this race. I don't care about the National Dex. I think people often jump to conclusions about game development when they don't know nearly as much about it as they think, and I think that behind the wall of anonymity that is social media people get far more heated and abrasive. It's why I choose not to use it much at all.

All I'm asking is that on this forum we scale back rhetoric and try not to make absolute statements that will undoubtedly get a not-so-positive response. But you're right. Death threats and the like-- over a videogame, no less-- are not okay in any context. And the people who are doing as much need their parents to see the tweets and do some goddamn parenting.
Fair enough, but seeing my recent posts, it is much clearer that not everyone is doing that, but there are still quite a few doing this bull ****.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
*Logs into PSN to check out some games*

*sees that SkullGirls: 2nd Encore, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Psychonauts, Destroy All Humans, and Destroy All Humans 2 Are all on sale*

Me: Goodbye, wallet. :lol:
I can strongly recommend Psychonauts - it's one of my favourite games. The writing and characters are excellent.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Isn't a Panzer remake coming out? It looks super cool.
Yes it is! And I jumped out of my chair when the music started at E3.

Crimson Dragon was an attempt to bring the franchise back without the brand back in... I wanna say 2013? It was a bust. It had no soul, the music and aesthetics were bland, the course layout was too straightforward and the challenge was more a sheer numbers game of how hard enemies hit, rather than creative enemy designs and placements that required strategy. (Which was likely a design choice as there were microtransactions for continues.)

The development team remaking the original Panzer Dragoon, though, are apparently doing it as a passion project. They approached Sega to pitch the game and Sega gave them the okay. I trust they'll do it justice.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Your issue is painting those people as "the community" in a veiled attempt to discredit the movement. To use an apolitical example (because there's a myriad of real world political cases I could use as an example but lol thread rules), it's like when the Waluigi fanbase was painted as being unhinged and sociopathic due to the actions of one guy. If you end up believing it's representative of the movement as a whole, you've fallen for propaganda pushed by people who only pretend to care about the supposed victims out of convenience for their position.

Always be mindful of these things.
I never said I was against the movement. I'm against the way a majority of people are going about it. Spamming the Intern and every pokemon tag with bring back national dex isn't going to get anywhere and not everything needs to be spammed with it. Game Freak is well aware of the problem, and there shouldn't be so many people harassing others over this ****. Let alone the threats. That is what I'm against. If it was being handled better by most of the fanbase it would be a way better movement. There are some people being pretty civil with this, but there's so many that aren't, and that's not go to get anyone anywhere.

D

Deleted member

Btw, I can’t contain myself from saying this:

Happy Hogan just deeply reminded me of staindgrey staindgrey
Even the scene where he tries to help Peter get over Mysterio’s trauma reminded me about the times Grey helped me deal with anxiety by talking about some experiences with his brother who also dealt with similar stuff.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Now I gotta get a new case and the screen replaced
Hoo boy that sucks. I have top notch butterfingers, and dropped my 3DS once, and then the screen broke, which sucks. I also drop my Switch a lot on accident and it somehow hasn't broke.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yes it is! And I jumped out of my chair when the music started at E3.

Crimson Dragon was an attempt to bring the franchise back without the brand back in... I wanna say 2013? It was a bust. It had no soul, the music and aesthetics were bland, the course layout was too straightforward and the challenge was more a sheer numbers game of how hard enemies hit, rather than creative enemy designs and placements that required strategy. (Which was likely a design choice as there were microtransactions for continues.)

The development team remaking the original Panzer Dragoon, though, are apparently doing it as a passion project. They approached Sega to pitch the game and Sega gave them the okay. I trust they'll do it justice.
Oof, that sounds rough. I'm glad we are getting the original again, then.

Now I gotta get a new case and the screen replaced
Well ****. What happened?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I never said I was against the movement. I'm against the way a majority of people are going about it. Spamming the Intern and every pokemon tag with bring back national dex isn't going to get anywhere and not everything needs to be spammed with it. Game Freak is well aware of the problem, and there shouldn't be so many people harassing others over this ****. Let alone the threats. That is what I'm against. If it was being handled better by most of the fanbase it would be a way better movement. There are some people being pretty civil with this, but there's so many that aren't, and that's not go to get anyone anywhere.
Spamming their Twitter isn't harassment in the slightest, so once again, why are you choosing to paint the majority, in your own words, of the movement as harassing people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom