• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I have 0 respect for Hero.

Except the amount of hair gel he uses. Only a real man has the courage to do his hair like that every single morning.
Nah I can respect him, and now his moveset looks fairly interesting.

But in the moment I could not care less. I’d wrapped myself up in Banjo hype and I was so disappointed.

Glad it paid off in the end.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I contacted a mod about that a while back, and they were just like, “Oh, uh, buy an ad-blocker.”
Who was this, and what exactly did they say? Please pm me this.

Okay I know this is all subjective

But he was absolutely in no way interesting to me dude, Banjo saved the smash portion of the direct for me.
Let's not bring up disliking people bashing pokemon then immediately bash someone's character that they enjoyed, ok? Please cut this off here.

Same goes to everyone else. The character bashing is ****ing middle school tier behavior.

Iridium

Smash Hero
quick question, what HEX code of the color purple show up well on this sites dark theme?
Is the one I have now good for you? #E066FF is the hex code.

Y’know when it comes down to it I’m not even mad at you.

I’m mad at me for allowing myself to get to his sorry state. I truly am pathetic.

Anyway let’s talk about video games.

HERO: IS HE DROPPING THIS WEEK OR NAH?
Have to say around next Friday as a guess. Good for everyone still waiting, but no EVO appearance.

But I need more OoT Link around no matter what, so I'm desperate for Erdrick.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m mad at me for allowing myself to get to his sorry state. I truly am pathetic.
You're one of the least pathetic people I know. Crap gets thrown your way left and right and you still haven't given up. That's a lot more than what other people can say. Don't downplay yourself like this. I get where you're coming from. One thing goes wrong and suddenly everything you hate about yourself all comes rushing back. That happens to me quite often. At the end of the day though, your fine. Your not weak, pathetic, or anything like that. Besides, you have something that most of us don't. People here like you. Smashboards has the tendency to like users based on what they're capable of. Humor, art, whatever. That means people are going to want to help you more. Personally, I'd like you all the same whether you did art or not, but that's not the point. Basically, if you need to talk, people will be there.

D

Deleted member

Alongside Hero, this was my most hype moment of Nintendo’s conference:
164AE248-C072-489D-AD0C-41753B71E3F3.jpeg

The other conferences also had cool stuff doh (Microsoft with Gears, LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Forza and Tales; Square with Avengers, DQB2 and FFVIIR; and Bethesda with Doom Eternal).

D

Deleted member

Nah I can respect him, and now his moveset looks fairly interesting.

But in the moment I could not care less. I’d wrapped myself up in Banjo hype and I was so disappointed.

Glad it paid off in the end.
That was partially a joke on my part. He looks pretty darn cool, I just know nothing about DQ. Totally happy for the guys who wanted him, though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Who was this, and what exactly did they say? Please pm me this.

Let's not bring up disliking people bashing pokemon then immediately bash someone's character that they enjoyed, ok? Please cut this off here.

Same goes to everyone else. The character bashing is ****ing middle school tier behavior.
Oh **** I wasn’t trying to bash

I’ll drop it

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay I know this is all subjective

But he was absolutely in no way interesting to me dude, Banjo saved the smash portion of the direct for me.
Vice versa.

While everyone got something, I prefer if the last two reveals are separate, by the way. I have attention problems and rather have one thing to focus on.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think Banjo has a better balance of unique attacks overall, but Hero's spell-casting move is far more unique than anything Banjo has (even if his sword attacks feel samey to a lot of other characters).

Though if I'm being honest, both are outclassed by Joker's moveset.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Having a good balance between your real life & your internet life is something I realize is a must if you want to stay sane on the internet.

While I don't have any real friend outside, I do try to stop my computer and just do other stuff to rest off my brain a bit, talking with other online is cool, especially if those are peoples you have alot of fun with, but no one should make it the only thing that matter in their life.

D

Deleted member

Joker’s moveset rocks, yeah.

I had more fun than I expected to playing as him since he launched.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Y’know when it comes down to it I’m not even mad at you.

Anyway let’s talk about video games.

HERO: IS HE DROPPING THIS WEEK OR NAH?
It’s not you, it’s honestly the hardcore side of the franchise.

They wouldn’t so bad if they could be civil like the pro gamefreak side. But the problem is most of them are already toxic(play several rounds of showdown online for example. You meet plenty of ass hat try Hards that talk **** to you for losing. Which is just sad). They erupt at the smallest things because they are way to involved with Pokémon when it’s a ****ing game. The National dex complainers for the most part forget this fact and take things way to far and go to immediately harass others.

That’s the problem. This game for children is getting taking way to seriously.
But I really don’t feel like getting into arguments with anyone who thinks it’s wrong to like the game. It always ends up into a shouting fest with noting but toxicity.

As for hero, I bet next week

D

Deleted member

Christ I’m ****in up today god damn

Sorry guys I’ll step it up
Just remember the wise words said by Alfred in Batman Begins:

“Why do we fall master Bruce? To learn how to get up.”

To become better you need to make some mistakes first and learn how to stand over them.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think Banjo has a better balance of unique attacks, but Hero's spell-casting move is far more unique than anything Banjo has (even if his sword attacks feel samey to a lot of other characters).

Though if I'm being honest, both are outclassed by Joker's moveset.
It's kinda weird to say this about a moveset, but Hero feels like a "quantity over quality" situation.

Not that it's a bad thing, I think the sheer amount of moves he can perform will make him a very fun character to play as casually.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
I usually play games like dragon quest,smm2,Or any other game to calm my self down
I am just scared of being annoying and making everyone mad at me

D

Deleted member

I just love how they managed to include Munchie alongside Guv for Hero.

And yeah, Hero may seem to have a huge load of moves, but I’m sure that I will manage to keep winning many matches as him.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You're one of the least pathetic people I know. Crap gets thrown your way left and right and you still haven't given up.
It’s a weird mix of spite and optimism.

I know I’m seen as the happy guy, and I am. But I also get angry very easily. A trait that runs in the family.

But I channel that anger into positivity. Whenever someone or something starts messing with my life I get really pissed at it. Then I get determined to make my life better just to spite the thing that was messing with me in the first place. Because I know there’s a brighter future waiting for me and I’m not gonna let anyone stop me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They are doing it in a way aka spamming the whole twitter even sometimes when pokemon goes offtopic
And harrasing the developers
Correct me if I am wrong
How else are people supposed to air their grievances if not through social media? In this day and age that's far and away the most effective method.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
How else are people supposed to air their grievances if not through social media? In this day and age that's far and away the most effective method.
Just not spam that much and calmly ask for it just like we did with playing with friends feature in smm2.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I know I’m seen as the happy guy, and I am. But I also get angry very easily. A trait that runs in the family.

But I channel that anger into positivity. Whenever someone or something starts messing with my life I get really pissed at it. Then I get determined to make my life better just to spite the thing that was messing with me in the first place. Because I know there’s a brighter future waiting for me and I’m not gonna let anyone stop me.
So, basically: "Stop being so negative about every damn thing, you little ****s!"

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What I need is a balance

Real people I can be with in the actual world

And people I can talk **** with on a message board

Right now I only have one and I don’t think it’s very healthy
Don't undervalue connections with people that aren't physical.

Your brain requires social activity. While you do need regular in-person contact so you don't develop awkward habits that snowball into bigger self-image problems, people you speak with behind avatars are still people. You've made friends and connections online. Those matter. Just because it's not the spoken word with a physical touch doesn't negate the positive effect it has on your psyche. Or negative, when things go sour.

There's definitely a difference between in-person and online experience, and it's good that you recognize that, but don't discount your online community or feel that those friends are somehow less than another group of people. I'm glad we met, man.

D

Deleted member

That’s a good mentality. :)

However, don’t feel pressured to be “the happy guy.” If you’re upset and you need to talk with someone don’t hesitate to. I totally respect your want to make people happy, though. That’s very admirable. Just remember, though, that your happiness matters as well. If you’re having a rough time, you don’t have to come back here and wear a happy mask. You can take some time to think about it and sort things out, or just take a break generally.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Similar case here. People seem to think I'm happy a lot but in reality I'm just stressed, paranoid, and sad alot. I've been told multiple times that I sound more depressed than people imagine. That doesn't really bug me though.

Make a PM with some friends where you can discuss the issue. I know it may sound like that won't help anything, and that's what I thought, but I tried it, and it was really refreshing to have people to discuss the issue with.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Just because it's made through social media, doesn't mean criticism itself is well and just.

Spamming #BringBackNationalDex at every remotely Pokemon related thing or attacking at individuals while you have a problem with a company isn't what I consider constructive and effective methods of expressing your problems.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's kinda weird to say this about a moveset, but Hero feels like a "quantity over quality" situation.

Not that it's a bad thing, I think the sheer amount of moves he can perform will make him a very fun character to play as casually.
I feel like that one move is more than enough to redeem him. I'm not entirely sure if his moves are randomly generated, but even if it is, that's still a first for a Smash fighter. The list of spells he has to choose from are also quite unique. Sadly, the rest of his moveset is...lacking to say the least. Wish they would've done more than make him a collage of other swordfighters.

Banjo is okay-ish. Aesthetically, his special moves look really unique, but none of them seem to be wildly different from what we already have. On the other hand, there's also nothing in his moveset that looks done-to-death either, so that gives him a decent balance.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Your brain requires social activity. While you do need regular in-person contact so you don't develop awkward habits that snowball into bigger self-image problems, people you speak with behind avatars are still people. You've made friends and connections online. Those matter. Just because it's not the spoken word with a physical touch doesn't negate the positive effect it has on your psyche. Or negative, when things go sour.

There's definitely a difference between in-person and online experience, and it's good that you recognize that, but don't discount your online community or feel that those friends are somehow less than another group of people. I'm glad we met, man.
Yeah I know I just

All my life I’ve watched people go off and do stupid **** with their friends and I’ve never had that, I want it so so badly.

You guys are great, really. But I’m a Disney princess.
8F41FD71-7698-478D-A7B6-81CA4F48E9F5.gif

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Just because it's made through social media, doesn't mean criticism itself is well and just.

Spamming #BringBackNationalDex at every remotely Pokemon related thing or attacking at individuals while you have a problem with a company isn't what I consider constructive and effective methods of expressing your problems.
Thats what I mean

D

Deleted member

Kinda yeah
I can confirm the statement too.

Because that was something that helped me get through the past months.

It’s basically the same thing that Peter Parker did to get through Mysterio’s illusions at London in order to end his plan.

Things may seem rough for you and you may find it as a lost cause.... But sometimes you will need to close your eyes towards those fears and trust your heart and senses to get through the problems you currently have.

That’s how Spidey managed to get over Mysterio’s illusions and finish his drone attack... and how I went from giving up at life to feeling more positive and hopeful about it since June.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah I know I just

All my life I’ve watched people go off and do stupid **** with their friends and I’ve never had that, I want it so so badly.

You guys are great, really. But I’m a Disney princess.
View attachment 230885
You'll find your Prince Eric one day bud.

College will be such a good opportunity for that.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, totally this.

It’s good to understand there’s a difference, but those are real relationships as well. You care a lot about people here, and they care a lot about you as well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah because making fake **** accusations and death threats are totally airing your grievances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom