• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I believe the "animations" Game Freak refers to encompass everything, not just battle animations. And besides, there are hundreds of Pokemon, each capable of using many hundreds of attacks. The animations are simple because it saves time to copy and paste a simple visual effect. People focus on Tail Whip, but what about bite, focus energy, double team, sand attack, growl, etc. There are so many attacks that would have to be animated, the current route seems to be the most sensible.

I thought I had nothing to add the Pokemon stuff but I felt the need to say this, ok.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I believe the "animations" Game Freak refers to encompass everything, not just battle animations. And besides, there are hundreds of Pokemon, each capable of using many hundreds of attacks. The animations are simple because it saves time to copy and paste a simple visual effect. People focus on Tail Whip, but what about bite, focus energy, double team, sand attack, growl, etc. There are so many attacks that would have to be animated, the current route seems to be the most sensible.

I thought I had nothing to add the Pokemon stuff but I felt the need to say this, ok.
No you goddamn slime

If tail whip doesn’t have a fourteen minute animation sequence I’m driving to Masuda’s house and burning it

Time to work on the next moveset. This time I'm doing...
Do do do do

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if they'll do crossover skins for Minecraft Earth so we give Banjo traumatic flashbacks to his last game.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

Bit misleading here, as I'm sure the ravenous anti-GF people will point out in a sec. Most pokemon only have 3-4 attack animations at best, with most attacks instead being effects that pop up in front of them, no matter which pokemon uses that specific attack.

I'm not a fan of the new game either, but people are going a bit too hard atm.

Me: Goes on SmashBoards mobile using data for 1 second
View attachment 230871
What's going on? Is something popping up?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Bit misleading here, as I'm sure the ravenous anti-GF people will point out in a sec. Most pokemon only have 3-4 attack animations at best, with most attacks instead being effects that pop up in front of them, no matter which pokemon uses that specific attack.

Mods double posting

99380467-F47F-4102-80DD-5CB78C27F934.jpeg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm calling you Malos from now on, and you can't stop me.
Malos you say?
Malos_thinking.png

Hmmmm.....I do not know this man, but he sound extremely handsome.

So sure, amigo.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, I'm content with the returning Pokemon we already have. Sure, there's still a lot of Pokemon missing who I'd like to see in SwSh (Mewtwo, Zoroark, Lycanroc, etc.), but I don't need all of my favorites to be happy. If I at least see Game Freak making an effort to add the most popular Pokemon back (which they seem to be doing, given how many pseudos are already confirmed), then I can't really be upset with their decision.

Deep down, I know improved animations and balance wasn't the real reason why the National Dex wasn't returning, regardless of what Masuda said. Despite that, I knew this would happen eventually. I'll give Game Freak the benefit of the doubt for now and say the time that could've been used adding back every single Pokemon is being well-spent somewhere else. Chairman Rose and Oleana seem to be hinting at an interesting story, or at least one that's better than X and Y's, "There's an evil team who wants to destroy the world. By the way, a Legendary Pokemon is supposed to fit into this somehow."

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I'm a fan of the game, and yeah I agree. Though the people who are ticked occasionally can have a good point. Big emphasis on "occasionally."

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is something I've also thought for a while regarding the whole thing. Masuda's comments made everyone take a magnifying glass to basically every animation and as a result they're getting irritated over stuff they wouldn't care about in the past, because in their mind it's "We traded National Dex for what seems like no differences". That might not be how game development works, but since that's how it was presented to the fans that's how they're gonna interpret it. It's the biggest issue for many people.

I'd bet that the real reason so much stuff is getting reused is something to do internally between Gamefreak and Pokemon Company (not to mention that Gamefreak's admitted they've split their team between Town and SWSH so Pokemon isn't a priority anymore) which is stuff they can't really disclose to the public. So, they've come up with another explanation that is technically true (there are some new animations, check Joe Merrick's twitter for those) and used it.

Honestly I'm just sick of the whole argument. If you still support GF and want the games you're a shill who is supporting bad practices, if you don't and are critical on the game you're a complainer who's being unreasonable.

Why can't we both dislike the changes and be harsh on them while still be willing to buy for what is there?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also possum please tell me you read that engadget article for TH cause OH BOY
I just read it. I thought I couldn't get any more hype, but here we are. :p
I’d assume the battle animations referred to are probably for Gigantamaxing and Dynamaxing. Pointing out Tail Whip is nothing more than cherry picking when it’s been the literal same animation since X/Y and has no reason to be substantially changed considered how the move is used. To me, they clearly aren’t talking about Tail Whip.

It’s not as if i’m completely defending the National Dex being cut, as i’ll miss it too. I think Masuda absolutely should have been more specific in what he was referring to with “high quality animations”. However, i’d still argue the “high quality animations” are for the newest feature.

If that’s not what he was referring to, then they’ve lost me.
If the higher quality animations were specifically referring to Dynamaxing, that's even worse honestly. It's a feature that's gotten lukewarm reception at best and will inevitably be taken out of future games anyway. No matter how you slice it, using the animations as an excuse for the culling is ludicrous. They're offering more content on a forty dollar 3DS game than on a sixty dollar Switch game, and that's embarrassing. And all because they were too cheap to outsource.

D

Deleted member

Ok, I took a small sleep and I don’t feel the need to break a wall with my fist anymore.

Still a bit tense, but at least not as much as some moments before.

And regarding the bowling question, I tried it once.
It was alright.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If one more Pokémon argument starts up you’re all blocked

Even the ones who aren’t involved

There will be only me left
best block me now because I have a lot to say about how I feel. I thought I didnt care about the animations or anything as long as my fav pokemon was in but I see that isnt the case here. Im not gonna call gf lazy but I feel fans shouldnt settle for less

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Say what you will, but Sw/Sh's post-game absolutely needs Looker in it. That's all.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Yes. Now, it's not as bad as it used to be (because trust me, at one point they popped up every click), but to give you a taste, here's an examlple screenshot
Screenshot_20190711-125010_Chrome.jpg
This is by far the most annoying thing this site has, at least on mobile. The way you get this to pop up is just tapping anywhere on the site, and bam, redirect. This more frequently happens when you use data, but this can still happen when on an internet connection such as wifi. And trust me, it was BAAAAAAD like 3 months ago, where every 5 seconds you got one of these, no matter what. And the fact that this still isn't fixed makes me concerned.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

That's... a bit unreasonable. What about people who are expressing their thoughts respectfully, or not even doing anything?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Jokes on you, I know how to parry!:ultken:

...in my head at least.

D

Deleted member

Just gonna take a moment to share some appreciation for this badass tune:

Noipoi

Howdy!
That's... a bit unreasonable. What about people who are expressing their thoughts respectfully, or not even doing anything?
I’ve ready so many of these arguments I immediately know what everyone’s gonna say before they say it.

Y’know why? Because everyone talks about the same damn things, over and over. Without any real difference. It’s tiring!

I don’t care if they’re respectful, I’m bored.

I come here to have fun and you’re all boring me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Infinity train is coming August 5th in a five night event let’s go!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Honestly after seeing some stuffs I’m kinda questioning Game Freak and TPC myself.

Pre-order exclusive stuff (and then there’s 12 quick balls which is kinda funny lol).

Trees that have much blurrier pixels than N64 standard trees.

“Higher-quality animations so we had to ban some Pokémon from immigrating.”

However I still like most of what I’ve seen so I’ll likely enjoy the games anyway just as I always do.

Please stop adding more joints to Wingull’s wings as if they’re supposed to flap differently from how they do sometimes during battle in B/W or these games.

Anyway I got a new Pikachu GBA with a backlit screen and it’s nice. Now I don’t need my DS with the barely working R button.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Yes. Block them noipoi. Block them all until your boards are pure and immaculate.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I’ve ready so many of these arguments I immediately know what everyone’s gonna say before they say it.

Y’know why? Because everyone talks about the same damn things, over and over. Without any real difference. It’s tiring!

I don’t care if they’re respectful, I’m bored.

I come here to have fun and you’re all boring me.
But did you know they could've outsourced and hired more animators!?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Say what you will, but Sw/Sh's post-game absolutely needs Looker in it. That's all.
Especially when you remember he kinda resembles a certain character in particular
doctor who.png

And assuming the place Galar's based on, it makes too much sense

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Detective Pikachu movie Twitter announced they're going to be at Comic Con.

Sounds like they got something to share beyond the home release of the movie.
I know the Detective Pikachu video game sequel is coming but the first game was very different from the movie.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yes. Now, it's not as bad as it used to be (because trust me, at one point they popped up every click), but to give you a taste, here's an examlple screenshot This is by far the most annoying thing this site has, at least on mobile. The way you get this to pop up is just tapping anywhere on the site, and bam, redirect. This more frequently happens when you use data, but this can still happen when on an internet connection such as wifi. And trust me, it was BAAAAAAD like 3 months ago, where every 5 seconds you got one of these, no matter what. And the fact that this still isn't fixed makes me concerned.
Mind PMing an admin on this one? I remember this being super bad a few months ago too, but this is the first I've heard of it recently.

I'd pm myself but my work pc is weird about uploading images.

Noipoi Noipoi Honestly just ignore (as in don't read, not the ignore feature) the arguments. I'm getting a bit tired of them too, and it was started intentionally today by a single user. I'm keeping an eye on that, when I can.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Especially when you remember he kinda resembles a certain character in particular
View attachment 230880
And assuming the place Galar's based on, it makes too much sense
Since you start the game out in what seems like Scotland, reminds me of this scene:
David Tennant, a Scottish man, acting to be an English man, pretending to be a Scottish man. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom