• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Am I even prepared to live in a world where Frisk and Waluigi are in Smash?

It sounds beautiful, but I don’t think my body can handle it.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
TPC: "You are gonna get a half baked product again and you are gonna buy it"
dont worry guys this one kinda sucked but dont worry they got you covered with shining sword and shining shield, where the third legendary actually matters to the plot this time i swear

like seriously i didnt play USUM what the **** was necrozma's problem

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
ooooo, the MBTI is my favorite personality theory to study. Although, I will say...if you want to know your most accurate personality type, you should look at the cognitive functions, rather than the letters only. Looking at the letters only is flawed due to only looking at the surface level for the most part. I would recommend looking at the functions after finishing the test. It's possible to have a well developed thinking function (whether Te or Ti) yet still be a feeler, as long as that person is willing to develop that function.

My personality type is ENTJ; the chief/maverick. The cognitive functions are Te (extroverted thinking), Ni (introverted intuition), Se (extroverted sensing), and Fi (introverted feeling).

To clarify the functions real quick, there are 8 cognitive functions that relate to the 16 personality types: Fe (extroverted feeling), Fi (introverted feeling), Te (extroverted thinking), Ti (introverted thinking), Se (extroverted sensing), Si (introverted sensing), Ne (extroverted intuition), and Ni (introverted intuition).

Depending on how the functions are organized within one's stack, that determines what four letter label a person has for their personality type. Here's what each of the 8 cognitive functions stands for:

Te- Rationale. Excellent at rational thought, collecting objective data, and research.
Ti- Logic. Specializes in having logical processes and strong analytics/understanding of true/false statements.
Fe- Harmony. Does what's right based on the collective and is an empath.
Fi- Morals. Does what's right based on their own moral principles and is a sympath.
Se- Aware of what's going on around them and is focused on others' experiences.
Si- Aware of what's going on within and focused on one's own experiences.
Ne- Creative in thinking and aware of many possible futures and outcomes at once, but they're not far reaching into the future.
Ni- Excellent at planning and seeing into one single future. Not as creative as Ne, but is typically excellent at knowing exactly what it wants, when it wants it.

Here are all of the different personalities, and each one's top four functions:
ENTJ (The Maverick): Te > Ni > Se > Fi
INTJ (The Chessmaster): Ni > Te > Fi > Se
ENTP (The Inventor): Ne > Ti > Fe > Si
INTP (The Architect): Ti > Ne > Si > Fe
ENFJ (The Teacher): Fe > Ni > Se > Ti
INFJ (The Idealist): Ni > Fe > Ti > Se
ENFP (The Advocate): Ne > Fi > Te > Si
INFP (The Dreamer): Fi > Ne > Si > Te
ESTP (The Adventurer): Se > Ti > Fe > Ni
ISTP (The Craftsman): Ti > Se > Ni > Fe
ESFP (The Party-animal): Se > Fi > Te > Ni
ISFP (The Artist): Fi > Se > Ni > Te
ESFJ (The Caretaker): Fe > Si > Ne > Ti
ISFJ (The Nurturer): Si > Fe > Ti > Ne
ESTJ (The Boss): Te > Si > Ne > Fi
ISTJ (The Detective): Si > Te > Fi > Ne

If you want more information, I'm willing to share it with you. Or, look up CS Joseph's youtube channel. He's brilliant with this stuff.

Although I will say...taking a personality test could definitely help with coming to terms with one's own personality and being more at peace with yourself. It just needs to be done in the right way so that person can truly know themselves and improve/heal properly.
Woah, you studied Myers Briggs as well? Neat! You are probably more educated on it than I am, because I hadn't looked too far into the cognitive functions themselves than you have.

Don't the cognitive functions and the letters (gosh, I sound really dumb just calling them that after your post) mean the same thing? I mean, hear me out.

The main differentiation that the Myers Briggs method of finding personalities had that other personality tests didn't is the addition of the fourth letter. Now, based on my (limited) knowledge of the cognitive functions before, I understood them to be the two spectrum ends of information input, labeled as information perceiving and information output, labeled as information judging from the brain. The information perceiving, or how the brain processes the surroundings (sensory or intuitively), could be analyzed via introverted or extroverted thought processes. The information judging, or how the brain uses the information that has been taken in from the surroundings (thinking or feeling), can be analyzed the same way. Now, the Myers Briggs method incorporated a fourth letter, the perceiving/judging. Of course, this draws directly from the above two labels. It determines whether a person uses their perceiving functions more, or their judging functions more. A perceiving personality is more flexible, while a judging personality is more ordered.

So, let's look at your personality of:

Now, I'm going to break it down a bunch, so bear with me.

1. Te > Fi

2. Ni > Se

All I did was sort the cognitive functions so that they were in comparison to their like antonyms. We can see that your judging cognitive functions are greater than your perceiving cognitive functions, as well as for your greater judging cognitive functions, you are more extroverted than your weaker, introverted cognitive functions. All combinations will have either e>i>e>i or i>e>i>e, depending on whether you are extroverted (former) or introverted (latter). From there, the Thinking/Intuition personalities are dominant.

I'm not trying to explain this to you, because you understand the cognitive functions greater than I do. I just never really understood what new information they add. I mean, either method will lead to the same result, but I always figured that using perceiving vs judging solved all the problems that older personality tests faced. This whole ordeal has given me a newfound interest in this area of study, and I want to try to learn about it even more. For the 8 cognitive function's tasks that you stated earlier, I did actually read about those. I just figured those were traits that a personality type with those four functions had. But at the same time, I equated them under the same Myers Briggs algorithm, and the letters were easier to comprehend. A Judger will have a clear judgement cognitive function be both the strongest and the weakest: J > P > P > J, because they utilize their judgmental function the most, as well as having the opposite judgemental function used the least. The N/S and T/F explain themselves in this instance as well. Using the same case, an introvert will have Ji > Pe > Pi > Je, with their dominantly used function type, in this case the judging, be e>i, while their weaker cognitive function type, in this case the perceiving, be i>e. I understood this much, but don't understand what this adds to Myers Briggs. If you could help me out with this predicament, that would actually be awesome.

Nowadays, there's a fifth letter, being Assertive/Turbulent, but I never really got around to understanding what that meant. Turbulent=care-more/Assertive=care-less? Something like that.

By the way, I'm a INTP/ENTP, really close to the boundary. This post has taken me long enough to write, so I'll let it go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
dont worry guys this one kinda sucked but dont worry they got you covered with shining sword and shining shield, where the third legendary actually matters to the plot this time i swear

like seriously i didnt play USUM what the **** was necrozma's problem
Boy was hungry

D

Deleted member

I'm skeptical of any full lineup leaks purely because DLC leaks seem to be overall pretty sparse in general. The only one we knew well in advance was Hero, nobody got Joker and Banjo leaked only a week prior to his reveal.
Also I just don't believe anything with Waluigi in general but that's just me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given how DLC so far had been a result of fan demand and such. Wouldn't it be great if the last two were Crash and Geno.

Then just like how Piranha Plant was a bonus
We get another bonus character turning out to be Waluigi.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have no real "Proof" about this one... the whole thing is getting really suspicious and strange TBH, and I'm unsure what to think of it now. Paragon (the person the leak is coming from) is an admin on my discord and from all my interactions with them they seem like a trust-able generally cool person and they have been around my discord for a while, I talk to them often.

What I can say for sure is that Paragon did tell me about having an amiibo source months before saying anything about knowing any characters, so it wasnt out of the blue that they have this source. Then a few weeks ago they told me privately the list of DLC fighters coming from their "amiibo source": Luminary/Banjo/Undertale Rep/Waluigi. They wouldnt say this list publicly yet but alluded to it on my discord (only saying luminary/banjo publicly) and then AFTER the smash invitational happened and we didn't get a character reveal they went public with the full list in my discord.
View attachment 228300
Paragon made this image of the DLC line up they had heard and shared it publicly.

Shortly after Sabi got a cease and desist from Nintendo a few days before the E3 direct Paragon claimed to also get a cease and desist. I have not seen the c and d myself. Then E3 direct happened and we actually got Luminary as the default character for "Hero" and we got Banjo-Kazooie, so it lined up with Paragon dlc list.

Recently things have gotten strange and suspicious: someone using an "alt account" messaged me on discord and showed me this image of a DM supposedly between them and paragon.
View attachment 228299
The image seemingly shows paragon KNEW the full direct or at least a ton of info from it. Paragon never told me any of this info before the direct, and no one in my discord can back up that the DM actually happened or that Paragon had such info. This same "alt account" person messaged this "DM image" to a few other prominent members of my discord. afterwards the DM image began popping up on twitter and some other places and really sensationalized the "Paraleak" as it started being called, and people started asking me about its validity.

I asked Paragon about the DM after me and a few other people were shown it from that "alt account" person and this is what they said they would be saying about it publicly:
View attachment 228301
I plan on questioning them more now that people keep asking me about this one but due to them claiming they have a cease and desist I dont know how much more they will say about it.

For now all I can say for sure is that Paragon did tell me about their amiibo source months ago without ever claiming they knew any characters back then, Paragon did tell me that line up of DLC characters a few weeks ago-ish, we DID end up getting luminary as the default hero and banjo kazooie at e3 which lines up with that list, Paragon has always been totally cool in the past on my discord from all the interactions ive had with them.

what I CANT vouch for is if the cease and desist actually happened, if the DM showing Paragon having a ton of info about the E3 direct before hand actually happened, I have no idea who the "alt account" actually was who sent the DM image to me and several other people.

I find a lot of the recent things about it highly suspicious (the cease and desist/the DM image implying all that direct info was known early/and the mysterious alt account spreading the DM image around) so I'm very skeptical now of the whole thing. Again Paragon has always been really cool in my discord and I'm going to continue to ask them for more info but I am very skeptical right now. That is everything I got on this one and my stance on it is basically neutral until I get more information.
Thank you for this! Some things I thought of. I don’t know how running discord servers works but can you ip check someone? I imagine it’s possible if you needed to ip ban someone for example. If you can, it might not be a bad idea to check if the alt account has a same ip, maybe as day paragon?
If para is really under a C and D, making an alt account to spread news might not be a bad idea.

I’d wager it’s probably not them though and that whoever sent you this edited that message. Which is such a weird thing to fake but I wouldn’t be shocked.

As for their amiibo source that’s interesting. It would seemingly contradict the image that has been floating around. In that “leak” paragon says they have multiple sources that could t agree on the undertale rep. But if you had a amiibo source that’s been accurate so far, there should be no reason that undertale rep isn’t something you know for sure. They also mention waluigi being known by many sources, once again implying amiibos wouldn’t be the source. Making me feel a lot more skeptical of that image.
I do wonder if paragon’s source is incorrect on those last two if that image is actually real. It could easily be the new shovel knight is in because he had an amiibo Rumor that every insider bought last game. Maybe the waluigi one is for another game. Frisk or any undertale character is kind of hard to
see being a thing outside of smash though. Either way, thanks again! Keep up the great work!
imagine if this was real. not arguing for or against it, just imagine that sans and waluigi close out the fighters pass.

the salt toward waluigi cause it wasnt isaac/shadow/lyn/whoever cause a purple lanklet didnt deserve it or something would be incredible
On the contrary I think we would also see a lot of people saying this is good. If waluigi can get promoted then that means all their other wants are now fair game if the support is there

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
On the contrary I think we would also see a lot of people saying this is good. If waluigi can get promoted then that means all their other wants are now fair game if the support is there
this can end either one or two ways:

way 1: season 2 baby
way 2: yeah thats all the DLC good night im going to go make kid icarus sequel now

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
this can end either one or two ways:

way 1: season 2 baby
way 2: yeah thats all the DLC good night im going to go make kid icarus sequel now
Plot twist, both happen and world peace is achieved

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Either way it swings, I just hope that there’s no full-on lunatics in the fanbase willing to go “there.” Look back at my past few posts and you’ll know why I’m so paranoid over this (exaggeratedly so, I admit, but paranoid nonetheless).
yeah can you just spill it, it's almost midnight

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What?

How would "More DLC" and "No more DLC" both happen?
Both referring to more dlc and a kid Icarus DLC.

Nintendo would just be like oh well, Namco go make money while Sakurai is away. There problem solved
:p

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Both referring to more dlc and a kid Icarus DLC.

Nintendo would just be like oh well, Namco go make money while Sakurai is away. There problem solved
:p
Ooooooh

Hell yeah KI2 would be radical.

Though honestly, I would heavily, heavily encourage that they change the controls because my hands could barely last KIU on the base 3DS.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
yeah can you just spill it, it's almost midnight
To be honest, I’m scared by the whole debacle surrounding the national dex because of the low likelihood that somebody in the fandom might eventually lose their patience and go after the employees at Game Freak. I don’t mean online; i’m talking about full-on physical assault and potentially murder of someone on the team like Masuda. Something like that could potentially cause a major domino effect, eventually resulting in the complete eradication of Pokémon as a whole. The anime, cards, games? All gone because someone went too far with their frustrations.

It’s exaggerated catastrophizing, I know it is, and I hate having these thoughts, but I feel a little better sharing them online such as here. Seeing anything surrounding controversy brings out my most cowardly side, so I do my best to stray away. Sorry for bringing the thread down.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Woah, you studied Myers Briggs as well? Neat! You are probably more educated on it than I am, because I hadn't looked too far into the cognitive functions themselves than you have.

Don't the cognitive functions and the letters (gosh, I sound really dumb just calling them that after your post) mean the same thing? I mean, hear me out.

The main differentiation that the Myers Briggs method of finding personalities had that other personality tests didn't is the addition of the fourth letter. Now, based on my (limited) knowledge of the cognitive functions before, I understood them to be the two spectrum ends of information input, labeled as information perceiving and information output, labeled as information judging from the brain. The information perceiving, or how the brain processes the surroundings (sensory or intuitively), could be analyzed via introverted or extroverted thought processes. The information judging, or how the brain uses the information that has been taken in from the surroundings (thinking or feeling), can be analyzed the same way. Now, the Myers Briggs method incorporated a fourth letter, the perceiving/judging. Of course, this draws directly from the above two labels. It determines whether a person uses their perceiving functions more, or their judging functions more. A perceiving personality is more flexible, while a judging personality is more ordered.

So, let's look at your personality of:

Now, I'm going to break it down a bunch, so bear with me.

1. Te > Fi

2. Ni > Se

All I did was sort the cognitive functions so that they were in comparison to their like antonyms. We can see that your judging cognitive functions are greater than your perceiving cognitive functions, as well as for your greater judging cognitive functions, you are more extroverted than your weaker, introverted cognitive functions. All combinations will have either e>i>e>i or i>e>i>e, depending on whether you are extroverted (former) or introverted (latter). From there, the Thinking/Intuition personalities are dominant.

I'm not trying to explain this to you, because you understand the cognitive functions greater than I do. I just never really understood what new information they add. I mean, either method will lead to the same result, but I always figured that using perceiving vs judging solved all the problems that older personality tests faced. This whole ordeal has given me a newfound interest in this area of study, and I want to try to learn about it even more. For the 8 cognitive function's tasks that you stated earlier, I did actually read about those. I just figured those were traits that a personality type with those four functions had. But at the same time, I equated them under the same Myers Briggs algorithm, and the letters were easier to comprehend. A Judger will have a clear judgement cognitive function be both the strongest and the weakest: J > P > P > J, because they utilize their judgmental function the most, as well as having the opposite judgemental function used the least. The N/S and T/F explain themselves in this instance as well. Using the same case, an introvert will have Ji > Pe > Pi > Je, with their dominantly used function type, in this case the judging, be e>i, while their weaker cognitive function type, in this case the perceiving, be i>e. I understood this much, but don't understand what this adds to Myers Briggs. If you could help me out with this predicament, that would actually be awesome.

Nowadays, there's a fifth letter, being Assertive/Turbulent, but I never really got around to understanding what that meant. Turbulent=care-more/Assertive=care-less? Something like that.

By the way, I'm a INTP/ENTP, really close to the boundary. This post has taken me long enough to write, so I'll let it go.
I've studied the mbti/16p since my junior year in high school when I first discovered it. That was in early 2013. It's 2019 now...and I'm more knowledgeable than ever.

The original mbti grades people on letter dichonomies, yes. However, the functions (which is the correct way of measuring someone's personality) are not really graded on scales.

My type is ENTJ, yes. My top 4 functions are Te > Ni > Se > Fi (in order). However, this doesn't mean that I never use Ti, Ne, Si, or Fe. It's just that the last four functions are "shadow functions", meaning they either don't pop out as much, and it's where my biggest personality flaws lie.

On the functions topic, it's quite interesting actually: with extroverts, it's played straight: the functions go J > P > P > J for judgers, and P > J > J > P for perceivers. However, it's FLIPPED with introverts. As an example, INFJ goes like this: Ni > Fe > Ti > Se. Despite being a "judger", a perceiving function is listed FIRST. So, for introverted judgers it's actually P > J > J > P, while for introverted perceivers it goes J > P > P > J. This fact alone explains why we can't depend on the four letter label itself.

And the fifth letter is only on the 16personalities website. Not enough research has been conducted on it to consider it as legitimate. The aim is that turbulent means less confident in yourself, while assertive means more confident in yourself.

Now, with your type...INTP has their top function as Ti, and ENTP has their top function as Ne. So...you need to figure out that "hero" function? Are you most well known for your analytical, logical thought...or being a creative thinker and always being aware of what other people want?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
To be honest, I’m scared by the whole debacle surrounding the national dex because of the low likelihood that somebody in the fandom might eventually lose their patience and go after the employees at Game Freak. I don’t mean online; i’m talking about full-on physical assault and potentially murder of someone on the team like Masuda. Something like that could potentially cause a major domino effect, eventually resulting in the complete eradication of Pokémon as a whole. The anime, cards, games? All gone because someone went too far with their frustrations.

It’s exaggerated catastrophizing, I know it is, and I hate having these thoughts, but I feel a little better sharing them online such as here. Seeing anything surrounding controversy brings out my most cowardly side, so I do my best to stray away. Sorry for bringing the thread down.
Yeah that's unlikely to happen. They'll certainly get quite a few death threats because, well, this is the internet, but I doubt any Japanese fan would go after employees.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I've been in a very Eevee mood lately.

Thus, the Pokemon in question has currently taken up residence in both my avatar and my signature
Eevee is the cutest cat-dog-fox thing on the planet and should've been the mascot of Pokemon and not an electric rat, change my mind.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You do not have "Eevee mood".

Eevee has "KoF mood".

You have no say.
Wait a minute...

Eevee has a mood based on myself...

There is currently no known Ghost-type Eeveelution...

I am a King of Phantoms, and "Phantom" is just another name for ghosts...

A new region and a new set of Pokemon games provides another chance for a new Eeveelution to join the group...

Holy ****, do you realize what this means?!

HALF-LIFE 3 IS CONFIRMED GUYS

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I've been in a very Eevee mood lately.

Thus, the Pokemon in question has currently taken up residence in both my avatar and my signature
It’s posts like these that remind me that at the end of the day, no matter what happens, we’re all just a bunch of nerds sharing wholesome content. Thanks for lightening up the mood.

Honestly, it helps that Eevee is both my nieces’ favorite Pokémon.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Why the heck is that undertale and Waluigi gaining traction? It's most bull rumor I've seen and Waluigi alone should debunk it. He'll never be PLAYABLE in Ultimate and no Assist trophy in general will get promoted in the same game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I have plenty of extroverted and introverted traits. Yet, I'm overall more of an introvert.

Not sure what personality-type I really am. I intend on giving multiple takes at good personality tests to get a hopefully more concrete answer at some point.

Eevee is the cutest cat-dog-fox thing on the planet and should've been the mascot of Pokemon and not an electric rat, change my mind.
Imagine if Ash got an Eevee that never evolved instead of a Pikachu.

Or an Eevee balloon being in Macy's Thanksgiving Day parades.

Or just Eevee being the mascot of Pokemon, period, as you're suggesting it should've been.

That'd be one hell of an alternate timeline but as much as I like Pikachu I won't deny it would be interesting in a good way.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah, Waluigi and Frisk as the final reveals sounds like a comically bad ending to Smash Ultimate's DLC cycle, so I'll give it a point for realism.

Gonna be honest, Undertale seems like a fine game. I don't really get the hype surrounding it besides it just being a quite solid RPG that takes a lot of influence from classics of the genre and inserts some well done comedy and mechanics. It has just never blown me away like it seems to have so many others.

I'm also admittedly just still not particularly on board with Indies in Smash for a multitude of reasons and Undertale in particular doesn't strike me as the appropriate choice for one in Smash when someone like Shovel Knight was relegated to Assist Trophy and Shantae to a spirit.

Waluigi is fine. I'd be happy for my friends who like memes I guess and I do think he should be in, but I also consider him basically a no-go because he doesn't fit with a damn thing that this Fighter's Pass has done everywhere else. He lacks a proper stage (I mean Pinball works OK I guess), he's not third party, I don't even know what the **** you'd do with a Spirit Board for him, and DLC seems to have been planned before there was even blowback on him continuing to be an assist trophy.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Pokemon fan after the Direct: "Oh Man, those games are looking so good! Look at that adorable little sheep!"

Pokemon fan after E3: "Huh, it look pretty neat, some weird decisions tho, I wonder what the others are-"
party crash.gif

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I got ESTJ-A. I don’t know much about this stuff but the write up seemed alright.
I mean it isn't going to be a recreation of your life story, but going through the strengths-weaknesses should give you a better understanding about an outside perspective of how you respond to various problems. If it seems accurate in the introduction, then it's probably the right match, and it could be useful to go through and learn about yourself based on how you perceive and judge your surroundings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom